+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fredo L.

The Coop's Minion ColdEthelMerman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    How can you all like him so much? He's probably a nice man, but he called her "broad" and "a piece of ass." Gals--this is your idea of a dream guy? I hear talk like that, and that's the last date.
    With the "broad" comment, I think it's more of a manner of speaking than intended as an insult. As far as the "piece of ass" comment, boys will be boys. He's a salt of the earth man's man that probably engages in a lot more gutter talk than that with the guys when the cameras aren't rolling. I know I've heard (and probably have said) worse when hanging with the boys, lol. I *think* he'll be nothing but a gentleman with Larissa. Although I don't think he'll be dating the President of NOW anytime soon

Having a soft spot for bad boys, I picked up on him right away. Looks like the type that would be fun to kick back with at a hockey game while submerging my liver in suds. He's one of my top two for immediate physical attraction on my end. I can't really see Larissa and him being too much of a match, but I think she'll keep him around for a good while because he's charming and woot, that bod.

BTW, I'm new to this neck of the woods (this forum and Average Joe) but not completely new to the boards. I engage in a lot of lurking in the shadows, but when I do post, I'm wordy as War and Peace. Be gentle.

Welcome CEM

I thought the "broad" and "piece of ass" comments were a little too much, but he IS in construction, and he IS from Boston, so with that combination, I guess I can look past that. You definitely KNOW he's a partier.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    How can you all like him so much? He's probably a nice man, but he called her "broad" and "a piece of ass." Gals--this is your idea of a dream guy? I hear talk like that, and that's the last date.
    Broad is a little archaic/old fashioned and probably something he learned to use growing up but men all of kinds refer to women as pieces of ass from time to time usually when talking to other men. That nice youg man someone you know is dating is probably telling all his friends the nice piece of ass he got. Fredo is definitely not for all types but if your not easily offended by certain things I think he is pretty likable. When he used Broad and piece of ass Larissa wasnt there right? Guys will be guys sometimes.
    Last edited by Brannigan73; 01-07-2004 at 02:42 PM.

but men all of kinds refer to women as pieces of ass from time to time usually when talking to other men.
    Most of us wouldn't use that phrase, or the term "broad" to a newspaper reporter, though. And therein lies the difference between Alfredo and the rest of us.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Most of us wouldn't use that phrase, or the term "broad" to a newspaper reporter, though. And therein lies the difference between Alfredo and the rest of us.
    I wouldnt but I know some guys who just might and while they are the minority its not quite as small as some people might think. I know a couple of Fredo's. Not sure how that speaks of me.

I think the difference for me would be if he says it in front of Larissa. I think I would be somewhat flattered to be called a PoA if I overheard it. However, if a guy were to say it to my face, he might get smacked. It would all depend on context.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    hey brannigan, that stargazer sure is a nice PoA!!!

just kidding sg

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2

just kidding sg
    I guess I should have seen that coming Now I can't smack you, can I?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2

just kidding sg
    I usually agree with what she has to say so I wouldnt doubt it.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Missed the "broad" comment but did comment originally on the "PoA" comment. I personally think it's tacky to refer to a woman that way. I don't see it as a compliment at all, but rather demeaning. If it is a matter of "boys will be boys" then keep it mum and don't say such a thing about a woman you don't know on national TV. He may be a fun loving personality and all but that comment was a turn off, especially when added to the mix of the gold chain and long hair. Personal tastes only-no offense to anyone that likes that stuff.

+ Reply to Thread