+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fredo L.

Quote Originally Posted by mr fun fun
    Not much there yet, but Welcome to the FORT Mr. Fun!

"I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Not much there yet, but Welcome to the FORT Mr. Fun!

Mr. Fun Hopefully they will have more on his site soon.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Regular
    Trim the goatee and get rid of the ponytail and wife-beater and there really is nothing wrong with Fredo. This show is called Average Joe after all. Not sure why some people are harping on the hairy chest. Its just not natural in my opinion for a man to shave body hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan73
    Trim the goatee and get rid of the ponytail and wife-beater and there really is nothing wrong with Fredo. This show is called Average Joe after all. Not sure why some people are harping on the hairy chest. Its just not natural in my opinion for a man to shave body hair.

Hee Hee. He doesn't need to SHAVE it, just stop SHOWCASING it!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Cleveland's Joe rates himself above-average

01/05/04

Julie E. Washington
    Plain Dealer Reporter

As Cleveland's average Joes go, Alfred "Fredo" LaPonza is not chopped liver.

The construction contractor has a com pact, muscular frame, ruggedly handsome features, artful tattoos and a ponytail that stretches down the middle of his back.

Yet he wound up riding the white bus with Scrawny, Anal and Dorky to meet a beautiful woman on the reality dating show "Average Joe: Hawaii." He was there to compete for her affections against 17 other guys.

The situation didn't intimidate LaPonza in the least. He chomped his gum through the entire introduction.

"I date beautiful girls all the time, so I could care less," he said over lunch in a favorite spot near his downtown Cleveland apartment.

Neither did LaPonza, 31, have any illusions about group dates in paradise being the path to true love.

"I'm not going to build a relationship with this broad in seven weeks," he said.

Former Miss USA contestant Larissa Meek expects to meet Mr. Perfect. Instead, she is presented with guys who, instead of perfect looks, offer sincerity and personality. "Average Joe: Hawaii" premieres at 10 tonight on NBC (WKYC Channel 3).

There's Dave, whose curly hair and skinny frame make him look like a Q-Tip. During the first episode's pool party, he throws a watermelon into the water for no discernible reason.

Maybe the neat freak, the 340-pound sewage contractor, the skinny white rapper or Bad Poetry Dude are better matches for Meek.

In each episode, she must eliminate some of her suitors. And another twist is on the way. Partway through the competition, eight runway-worthy studs will be introduced to the competition. Which will she choose: inner beauty or a perfect six-pack?

The first installment of "Average Joe" concluded Dec. 8. That "Average Joe" and "Average Joe: Hawaii" were taped at the same time to preserve the secret twist, according to the show's publicist.

LaPonza wouldn't reveal how he stacked up in the love-o-rama, except to hint: "You'll be seeing a lot of me." Life as an Average Joe was anything but. After all, he was in Hawaii, living in a mansion and going on exciting adventures.

"It will blow people away," he said. "People are going to love it."

LaPonza originally thought he was auditioning for another reality show. A friend, whose bar was being used for auditions, urged LaPonza to try out in April.

"I pretty much made them laugh," LaPonza said.

But LaPonza was skeptical about the show's angle. He blew off producers' calls until they contacted his mother, who urged him to investigate further. LaPonza flew to Los Angeles for more auditions. Slowly, he figured out that he was being cast on a dating show.

"They kept it a really good secret," he said.

Not even the jocks' arrival fazed him.

"You'll see my reaction," he said. "I laughed. I'm a very confident person. These guys were no better than me. They eat Power Bars and go on the treadmill."

LaPonza grew up in Seven Hills and dropped out of Normandy High School ("and proud of it") in his sophomore year. A self-described mama's boy, he has remained close to his large Italian clan.

LaPonza also helps children with Down syndrome through an organization he has started called Miracle Angels. He plays Santa and the Easter Bunny at kids' gatherings.

"I hop, yeah," he said. "If someone needs something, we try to help them get it."

LaPonza hasn't seen "Average Joe: Hawaii" yet. Tonight, he'll be a celebrity bartender at a viewing party at the Mercury Lounge in Cleveland. There will be another viewing party starting at 6 p.m. at Scorchers Casual Eatery and Draft House in Bedford Heights.

Think the parties will be mobbed by women?

"Hopefully," said this always-confident average Joe.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:
    jwashington@plaind.com, 216-999-4539

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...9879082041.xml

Thanks for the article Play Doh. I actually like this guy more after reading it. He's so confident that he probably does date beautiful women. Good luck Fredo

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Like someone else said, if he'd shave that hair off his chin and trim the pony tail-he's not half bad. But I think we may have another Zach on our hands.....

It's cool he realizes that the jocks are no better than he is, as long as he realized that he is no better than them. Confidence is cool, cockiness is not :nono We'll have to see where he falls.

he doesn't seem too bad, he seems nice even though he's totally scary looking.

My favorite the first time around. Honest enough to admit the girl was a "piece of ass" (that's not always a vile thing to say, if the circumstance is right), and yet also very understanding and protective of David (who may be so annoying that he doesn't deserve that protection, but it was nice of Fredo anyway).

+ Reply to Thread