+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: David D.

Or maybe....

4. He lost a bet.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Oh, but I see three possibilities:

1.) NBC plant
    2.) Actor guy who really wanted a date.
    ---2a.) This leaves open the possibility that he is actually somewhat like he's portrayed here in real life.
    ---2b.) Or alternately he could be eggagerating himself because he actually thinks in some weird way it might get the girl.
    3.) Actor guy who is on the show to get work, and thus is acting in peculiar ways to be remembered and build a career.
    ---3a.) In other words, he's laughing on the inside at both us and NBC.
    ---3b.) May be some combination of 2b. and 3.

I think 3a. is the one.
    I vote for #three with the proviso that of course the producers know he is an actor. He is happy to do this free for the exposure. I do remember his name already, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    I vote for #three with the proviso that of course the producers know he is an actor. He is happy to do this free for the exposure. I do remember his name already, don't you?
    NBC probably already has a pilot in the works for David. What with losing FRIENDS and FRAZIER in the same year, having David on AJ2 gives him tremendous exposure and a built-in audience who would watch him in a show, just to watch his bizarre ways.

Perhaps a show where he is chronically answering dating ads or is habitually set up by friends for dates?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    NBC probably already has a pilot in the works for David. What with losing FRIENDS and FRAZIER in the same year, having David on AJ2 gives him tremendous exposure and a built-in audience who would watch him in a show, just to watch his bizarre ways.

Perhaps a show where he is chronically answering dating ads or is habitually set up by friends for dates?
    We lost Frazier??? Dang...didn't know that ...I'm bummed now. Oh well, I guess I now have time to become addicted to another Reality TV show now. Wonder if I can convince NBC to do the Adam returns show on Thursday night? Kaicee
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Do we know that he's actually an NBC plant? Or is he just some schmuck with a SAG card who tried out for a TV show?
    This is my very first post so I hope I do it right!

He could own a SAG card = I was watching reruns of West Wing on Bravo. I don't remember which episode it was but Martin Sheen was addressing a group of people...and I'd bet $1 million that was Davey in the front row standing, clapping and leaning over to talk to a girl as they showed the audience.

He could be a plant = Both shows are on NBC. Coincidence?

The episodes I watched last week were: Swiss Diplomacy, Arctic Radar, Holy Night or Guns Not Butter. Something tells me it was Guns Not Butter, but again, not sure. There is a marathon on the 16th which starts with those four shows, if any of you are interested!

I'd be disappointed if he is an actor...

Quote Originally Posted by Nance1117
    This is my very first post so I hope I do it right!

I'd be disappointed if he is an actor...
    You did just fine. Welcome to the FORT.

He is an actor but that is okay. He is unlikely to be on the show hired as an actor but is there to get "face time" and that is what actors do when they are developing their careers.

Again welcome and do let us know if it was him on WW

Win A Date With David Daskal!

I don't know if anyone already posted about this...but i saw the movie Win A Date With Tad Hamilton over the weekend and our "stellar superstar" nerd everyone hates to love, Daaaaavid Daskal was in the movie!!!!

He works at the Piggly Wiggly (the grocery store in the movie) and you can see his lampshade head bobbing all over the background!

He is really difficult to look at. He's kinda like a human version of a solar eclipse. You can't look directly at him. You need a styrofoam cup with a hole poked in the bottom or something.

Go Sean!!!

I don't know, I just didn't get an "acting" vibe off of David. I thought he was being very genuine on this show, and that he was a beautiful and unique spirit. Yes, I sd. beautiful! :p I personally loved him, and would have kept him. Not as a love interest though, so maybe it WAS less cruel to get rid of him now. I cried; yes I did! I thought it was sweet that she was so sad to let go of some of the Joes, and esp. David.

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica
    He is really difficult to look at. He's kinda like a human version of a solar eclipse. You can't look directly at him. You need a styrofoam cup with a hole poked in the bottom or something.
    Priceless quote!!!

Sorry to be snarky (and I hope "snarky" means "catty" bc that's how I've been using it), but didn't David remind people of a pirhana with a Bozo wig? All those sharp teeth and boing-y hair and googly eyes? I was just plain scared.

Of course, watch David become a World Peace Ambassador or something, and I'll have to eat my words in shame.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    As bizarre as his appearance would lead us to believe that he is....myself included...David Daskal turned out to be a classy, quality individual. I was continuously impressed by how he related to the "hunks" and to everyone else. And his determination to be completely true to himself was very strong and very impressive. This is a man truly at peace in his own skin, which makes him freer than most people.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread