+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: David D.

It could be argued that since the Joes already were on the Hunks enough, that having David do the reverse would only spur them on even more. Or turn on David, which would make even better TV. Or simply set David up as the "nicest" and "most innocent" of the group.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    It could be argued that since the Joes already were on the Hunks enough, that having David do the reverse would only spur them on even more. Or turn on David, which would make even better TV. Or simply set David up as the "nicest" and "most innocent" of the group.
    Don't quite see it that way. If Davey-kins really wanted to be 'effective' in his role, he would have sucked up to the hunks, then trash talked them to the Joes, just to stir some shit up. Or he could have made himself the "victim" of the hunks, and gotten sympathy for himself from the viewing audience and the Joes, then prompting "revenge" for him from the Joes.

Point is, he could have done many things that would have made him the center of attention. Instead, he chose to act... nice. Which doesn't make for all that much compelling drama. And I think he's... being genuinely nice because he wants to. I'm really getting the feeling that this, of all things, is not that great of a pretense.

David huge in spain is priceless. I don't see how anyone can stand that guy. When he introduced himself as "Davvvid Daskel" 8 times it annoyed the hell outta me. I think he is gone next week. Don't see him going to the final 8

why didn't NBC just tell us he was an actor? Now it looks like they are hiding something!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Do we know that he's actually an NBC plant? Or is he just some schmuck with a SAG card who tried out for a TV show?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Escaping my own reality!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Do we know that he's actually an NBC plant? Or is he just some schmuck with a SAG card who tried out for a TV show?
    I agree ... most of the contestants on most of the reality shows are bucking for a career in show business.

I mean, I don't think it's particularly difficult to get a SAG card. It doesn't bother me that he has one. But if he was hired by the network to screw around with the process of this show, I'll definitely be ticked off.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    I mean, I don't think it's particularly difficult to get a SAG card. It doesn't bother me that he has one. But if he was hired by the network to screw around with the process of this show, I'll definitely be ticked off.
    Yeah, he could be just another chump that happened to be an actor...but how would we explain him still being there? Larissa (and most of the world) would have to agree...he isn't really dating material. And that's what she is supposedly selecting...someone she would date. David Daskal would be good for a lot of things...clown, stand in for Carrot Top, a really cool guy to babysit your kids....but someone Larissa would pick to date?? I don't think so! He would have been eliminated from the very beginning. Even Larissa says he so out-there that he wouldn't be someone she would date. So, he stays on for what reason?? I smell a plant. Kaicee
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

But maybe she doesn't see any of them as dating material. If they told her to cut as many as she wanted and just keep the guys she has a real 'connection' with, the show would have been over the first night. They give her a specific number to send home. She's probably just keeping the ones she's more entertained by. At least that's what I am naively hoping. But it's entirely possible the producers are steering her.

Oh, but I see three possibilities:

1.) NBC plant
    2.) Actor guy who really wanted a date.
    ---2a.) This leaves open the possibility that he is actually somewhat like he's portrayed here in real life.
    ---2b.) Or alternately he could be eggagerating himself because he actually thinks in some weird way it might get the girl.
    3.) Actor guy who is on the show to get work, and thus is acting in peculiar ways to be remembered and build a career.
    ---3a.) In other words, he's laughing on the inside at both us and NBC.
    ---3b.) May be some combination of 2b. and 3.

I think 3a. is the one.

+ Reply to Thread