Closed Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill H.

Bill's Number One Fan roxycarmichael's Avatar
    Don't look now, but I think Average Joe Thom G is visiting this room.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel
    Thom, how was Bill as a person? I dunno why I'm so enamored with him. I think it was his comments on the first episode. He seemed pretty genuine and said he wanted to show that he had feelings. Was he really a nice guy?
    Gargamel - I noticed that yesterday, when asked questions about the show and the other guys, Thom said he couldn't comment because of some legal mumbo jumbo. So...I think we lost him...

FORT Newbie
    Bill's last name is Hansen.

Quote Originally Posted by hmm12345
    Bill's last name is Hansen.
    Not Henson? I was wondering if he was related to Jim Henson or something...I thought he might have been the Muppet Heir Apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmoves
    yes, nightmoves is very hungry. but aren't we supposed to be talking about Bill H.? let's stick with the program here.
    Agreed!

However, Gargamel's point about the instant fame is a good one. For instance, I saw Robert and Botti on Extra or Access Hollywood last night. It really must be something else to be flung into the limelight. I bet these guys can barely leave the house without someone recognizing them.

That said, I doubt the Joes are the types to let it all get to there head, particularly Bill, who seemed to hang back a bit in Episode 1.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by roxycarmichael
    Not Henson? I was wondering if he was related to Jim Henson or something...I thought he might have been the Muppet Heir Apparent.
    Nope, it's not Hensen or Henson or Hanson...It's Hansen!!!! Sorry to disappoint you!!

Quote Originally Posted by hmm12345
    Nope, it's not Hensen or Henson or Hanson...It's Hansen!!!! Sorry to disappoint you!!
    You should easily be Bill's publicist.

I think that might be strategy though. I mean, for instance, when Bill stated that he didn't want to come off like a "drunk idiot" and wanted to show that he had feelings, do you think he really meant that for real or only for strategic purposes? Claiming to be someone in touch with their feelings could be viewed as a mechanism for lasting on a show. So in that instance, maybe it does really go to their heads. People who want to survive will do anything.
    On any other show, Gargamel, I would have to agree with you. But the entire premise of this show is that these guys are the NICE guys - no objectives, no thinly-veiled agendas.
    Having said that, Bill is not the most aggressive player. I would have to give that honor to David Dashel (spelling?).

HA! here's another thought. you think they could parlay their appearances on the show to commercials? i think that botti could do orthodontist adds...for instance. even a low budget, gary's ribs type of commercial. if bill's an accountant, couldn't he do a commercial for his firm? like "hi, i'm bill hansen (honson, hensen, henson, etc.). and i'm good with figures. and with accounting, i'm ABOVE average."
    You are on a flight of fancy my friend. Time to get back to the mother ship.
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but wasn't the last reality show celeb to endorse a product that Colleen from Survivor 1. I think she had a chapstick commercial.

FORT Newbie
    HA! here's another thought. you think they could parlay their appearances on the show to commercials? i think that botti could do orthodontist adds...for instance. even a low budget, gary's ribs type of commercial. if bill's an accountant, couldn't he do a commercial for his firm? like "hi, i'm bill hansen (honson, hensen, henson, etc.). and i'm good with figures. and with accounting, i'm ABOVE average."
    or Bill could do something like, "I may play an average guy on tv, but I calculate averages in real life..." like a public service announcement for accounting firms or something.

Closed Thread