Closed Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bill H.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Here's the answer:

The Bill fans that were new to this site brought in a rapid worshipfulness to Bill that was ad nauseaum. The regular posters on this site, such as stargazer
    and Texicana reserve their passions for a participant until there is ACTUAL SCREEN TIME. At that time, we can see the contestant interact, act and can decide for ourselves if we like him or not.

Having a wholesale CramFest of Sugary-Sweet BillyBoy goodness is enough to send you into diabetic shock. It made it mandatory to dislike him, to counter the overbalance of fawning emotions by the Bill-natics.

Had Bill stayed on, or done ONE thing other than a trained seal, i.e. slap his jiggly belly and move his feet fast, people would have been able to warm up to him.

But, the zealous nature and personal attacks that the new posters launched against venerated members soured all of us toward him.

Enough explanation?
    Wow, if that doesn't make The Collective see the light, nothing will
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Ya think, Texicana?!

Somehow, though, I think they'll counter with:

"Resistance is futile!"

Nicely said lambikins
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

Just to let everyone know (so you don't wonder) I deleted a post, then deleted posts that quoted that post

Carry on.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Thank you, Cali
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Dang. My explanation was a casualty. Oh well. If anyone still cares why I wanted Bill out, lambikins summed it up in her (his?) posts.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

fair enough.....i realize our enthusiasm may have been a little silly, but i also think some people take this waaaaaaay too seriously.

OK, I wasn't going to touch this, but what the heck - to me, the tone of the "Billiever" posts is suspiciously so over-the-top as to seem that Bill is not their object of affection, but rather their object of ridicule. Kinda like what John Travolta was to Sissy Spacek in "Carrie".

Sorry, Cali, if this post steps over the line.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Lambikins checks the front of her shirt and says, "Yup, still a girl.[/i]

Although I understand how easy it is to NOT know what gender a poster is on the Internet.

Bill's Number One Fan roxycarmichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Here's the answer:

Having a wholesale CramFest of Sugary-Sweet BillyBoy goodness is enough to send you into diabetic shock. It made it mandatory to dislike him, to counter the overbalance of fawning emotions by the Bill-natics.

But, the zealous nature and personal attacks that the new posters launched against venerated members soured all of us toward him.

Enough explanation?
    I think I understand...it's the reason I don't like Julia Roberts...however, I have seen some overly negative attitudes on this board...it makes me wonder if some of the more outspoken members of this site are as forthcoming with their criticism in "real life," per se.

Closed Thread