+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Larissa Meek - Object of Affection

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    When you are on TV...you are under a microscope....its hard not to see the inherent contrictictions and mistakes these people make because you can play what they say over and over on Tivo or your VCR...

I am with JR. if she said I might like some of these guys if I get to know them...but there is no attraction what so ever and that is important to me...(otherwise we look for every time she fails to live up to her statements....)

Most reality TV contestants...know they are going to be seen by lots of people and they do it for a variety of reasons....Fame, career...just for something to tell the kids and grand-kids...

and if you want fame you sometimes have to ready for the bad as well as the good

I think she's a great actress

I like her a lot. I want to see how she will treat the AJ now that the hunks with attitude of junk have arrived. How will she react if she sees a hunk bullying an AJ?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I like her a lot. I want to see how she will treat the AJ now that the hunks with attitude of junk have arrived. How will she react if she sees a hunk bullying an AJ?
    See, I wonder how the producers will go with that. Will they ALLOW her to see this? Will they even go to the extent of setting it up?

On the last show it looked like they made sure that Melena didn't see this kind of behavior, assuming it even existed (with the exception of Zach, who was bullying his OWN AJ "crowd"). On this show the fact that they either deliberately cast asses, or asked them to act ass-like, makes it seem like a setup. The "pretty boys" last time were cast with apparent flaws, to be sure, but they were different from each other (one pretty boy too effeminate, one too dull, one fairly dumb... etc.) This time the "clone" joke might be literal--they may have cast or told the guys to all act a certain way designed to repulse Larissa.

This assumes they let her in on it with video tape viewings, events designed to show up the arrogance of the Pretties in front of her, etc. The could go the other way and basically crucify her character by not letting her see any of it, showing the "Joes" being picked on, and Larissa still favoring the pretty boys.

To me, assuming she isn't simply a REALLY great actress who is getting really great editing, she's shown a great deal of character in her dealings with the Joes, most especially the way she tried to make Sean feel comfortable (contrary to what a few are saying she did NOT make weight comments in front of him--she was clearly DIRECTLY asked about his weight in a private interview and responded well I think... again, not in front of him).
    Last edited by Krom; 01-20-2004 at 03:13 PM.

I like her, I'm glad she isn't acting like a phony and pretending to be in lust for any of the AJ's they are clearly not her type. She is being nice in spite of their reactions to a pretty woman.

Now that the hunks have entered the lust part will become an issue, and why not.

At least Larissa is showing some emotion, or else she really is a great actress. It's already showed her crying over the situation two or three times, whereas I don't remember ME-lana on the last show ever doing more than crumpling her forehead in the manner of someone who wants to seem concerned or in deep thought....but really doesn't care.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Yeah I still like Larissa. Her crying over...that guy(?)...leaving showed she does care for these guys and their feelings. I seriously doubt she is acting, no one who has no acting background could do such a convincing job. If she is she deserves to be in the next Speilberg movie.

I have never known an artist, is this the mold that shows everyone how to act with sincere kindness towards others?

Her putting up with David is something I could never do for more than a few hours on my best mood days.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I have never known an artist, is this the mold that shows everyone how to act with sincere kindness towards others?

Her putting up with David is something I could never do for more than a few hours on my best mood days.
    Yes, but in her defense, she has no reason to think he's some kind of actor trying to launch a career off of cheesy moments. She thinks she's the only famewhore there (now mind you I like her, but the title still fits in an overall way with the rider that she one of the more tolerable ones).

Also, while seemingly very nice she may not be as... astute as people here.

I think she sees a big goofy guy, who gave her a laugh or two, and that's all. The worst most manic part of his behavior was out of her sight anyway--it was in the scenes with just the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    I think she sees a big goofy guy, who gave her a laugh or two, and that's all. The worst most manic part of his behavior was out of her sight anyway--it was in the scenes with just the guys.
    Very true. With the guys, David is one hyper-active, ADD-afflicted freak that can't stop jumping on the furniture. But he acts like a pretty sweet, very dedicated and incredibly syncophantic "lover" boy with Larissa. And since none of the other Average Joes are willing to tell her different, that's what she'll see him as.

Not to mention-- when you look at a guy like that, do you think actor? I certainly don't. And remember, people were suprised when they found out he was an actor in this forum. How do you expect her-- in the heat of the action, so to speak-- to suspect?

+ Reply to Thread