+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Larissa Meek - Object of Affection

I really like her. She didn't have to grab Donato's hand as he was trying to walk out, and she certainly didn't have to say anything. I can't remember who it was, but didn't one of the guys just walk out without saying anything to her? Donato going off about how it's "not fair for the heavy guys"..and how she's superficial was wrong imho.
    If I was in her position, I'm sure the Fort would be going on and on about what a b*tch I am for pointing to the door and saying thier names. j/k-sorta
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    DAVIDDASKAL's (aka Jack Russell)
    Perfect! About spit out my coffee on that one.

Larissa is a bigger woman than I could ever aspire to be. After seeing this unattrative and downright fugly lot, I would have two words for the producers, SUE ME! What has this poor lady done to deserve this? I can't begin to imagine having to get intimate with any of these guys. eeeyouuuu!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Larissa is a bigger woman than I could ever aspire to be. After seeing this unattrative and downright fugly lot, I would have two words for the producers, SUE ME! What has this poor lady done to deserve this? I can't begin to imagine having to get intimate with any of these guys. eeeyouuuu!

And thus the reason for the show. The only bad part about the show is that I doubt all of the hunks are going to be huge assholes. In the last one they weren't too cocky, and actually seemed to be decent guys. Given the choice between a nice guy who looks great, and a nice guy who looks average, it's not difficult to guess who most women would choose.

Maybe she'll realize beauty is only skin deep, or maybe she won't. I guess thats what keeps us sitting here waiting for more.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marvolomaven
    The one thing I will say in Larissa's favor is that I really like her no-nonsense dismissals. No agonizing over "this was such a hard decision" or long convoluted speeches. When they get the can, they get the can.
    Yeah, and so far...not one of the guys axed "made her a better person"...I do like Larissa's no-nonsense style. She didn't even lecture Tim as he exited (the way Melana lectured Zach in AJ1)

Just one small point.

Why are so many people*** unhappy that Larissa might actually choose a hottie over an average Joe? The average Joes (with the exception of Tony) have shown themselves to be largely uninteresting and awkward men. They're not particularly compelling people in and of themselves. So why shouldn't she go chase hot guys and look for some action? Why is she said to be "betraying" the Joes-- men she doesn't even like very much-- by doing that?

In other words, why is she being asked to repress her natural desire for sexy men? Why is she being asked to be "sexy" but not have sexual desires of her own? It's almost like they want her to be some sort of neutered Barbie doll. It just seems sort of sick and wrong to me, once I started to view it in that sense.

**I'm not talking about the people here specifically. I'm talking mostly about my friends and neighbors and family in real life and people on other message boards as well who have expressed the opinion that Larissa must choose an Average Joe, because she's automatically a shallow bitch if she doesn't.

Thats just the way it will work. If she chooses a "hot" guy then she will be shallow in the majority of peoples minds. I personally hope she picks an Average Joe but if she picks a hot guy because they actually are right for each other and she isn't just looking to wash her clothes on some guys abs I would be fine with that. But you have a very good point maria.

FORT Fogey
    mariagoner, because it's a double standard that we hold for reality show contestants

JR.
    She'd be ok if she was real about it. If she came out and said "I'm not attracted to these guys, there's just no spark. They are nice guys, but there's no physical feelings", I think people would be easier on her. Looks do matter somewhat, there's no denying that. It's almost like she's leading them on.

When she was talking to the producers after seeing all the Average Joe's, she said something to the effect of not being attracted to any of them. Then she said, "Well, I might as well have fun with this...I can't go 4 weeks being mad the whole time...".. (NOT verbatim) So, yeah..she did say something, but I'm sure the producers quickly reminded her of her contract.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread