+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Larissa Meek - Object of Affection

As to the intelligence issue, it's too early to tell. But I found her question whether the producers actually "dorked up" the guys to actually be a good one--a sign that maybe she realizes that she's in a totally manipulated scenario. I'm not sure I completely believe the answer they gave her ("no"), because I'm sure at a minimum they asked the guys to come in ordinary clothes, to not do anything special like they might preparing for a special date, to not change bizarre facial hair if they had it, etc.
    I think her reaction to the Joes actually showed her to be-- if not intelligent-- then at least cunning. She seems to know how the reality game is played-- things happen for shock and entertainment value, not to bring two people together for better or for worse. And I found her comment about "shocks being expected" to be one of the more canny things I've heard come out of a dating-show contestant. If nothing else, the woman is very meta-aware.

As for her looks, we've seen her in a lot of makeup and I think we need to see her without makeup to make a true determination, but she definitely has a very nice and tight body. High, yet unaugmented breasts, reasonable hair, etc.
    I think she's rather beautiful, but even with make-up, she ain't no supermodel like Adriana Lima or Megan Ewing (pic of the 2: http://members.fortunecity.com/ales/adri/guess13.jpg). She's maybe a 4 out of a scale of 1 to 5.

Another funny thing... she seems to be very camera-genic, but not especially photogenic. That is, she comes off looking rather dull when just photographed, but she's really quite lovely when she's shown in motion. Her photographs were fairly plain looking, but she looked lovely on the actual show. Does anybody else think that?
    Last edited by mariagoner; 01-12-2004 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mariagoner
    I think her reaction to the Joes actually showed her to be-- if not intelligent-- then at least cunning. She seems to know how the reality game is played-- things happen for shock and entertainment value, not to bring two people together for better or for worse. And I found her comment about "shocks being expected" to be one of the more canny things I've heard come out of a dating-show contestant. If nothing else, the woman is very meta-aware.

I think she's rather beautiful, but even with make-up, she ain't no supermodel like Adriana Lima or Megan Ewing (pic of the 2: http://members.fortunecity.com/ales/adri/guess13.jpg). She's maybe a 4 out of a scale of 1 to 5.

Another funny thing... she seems to be very camera-genic, but not especially photogenic. That is, she comes off looking rather dull when just photographed, but she's really quite lovely when she's shown in motion. Her photographs were fairly plain looking, but she looked lovely on the actual show. Does anybody else think that?

I AGREE!! The pictures I've seen of her she looks like all the other beach models you might look at but on TV OMG wow she's beautiful!...

I think she is being really honest in her interviews which is really good. Melana would lie constantly and you could tell. Larissa tells what she is thinking but doesn't go into too much detail to hurt the guys feelings. Its been two episodes and I still like her personality. Not bad so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    I think she is being really honest in her interviews which is really good. Melana would lie constantly and you could tell. Larissa tells what she is thinking but doesn't go into too much detail to hurt the guys feelings. Its been two episodes and I still like her personality. Not bad so far.
    I know. And I enjoy the fact that I finally found a reality contestant that would do... pretty much everything I would do if I were crazy enough to go on Average Joe. I agree with pretty much every decision after thinking about how much information she herself would know.

If only she would get rid of Daaaaaaaaaavid Daaaaaskal. Though again, I'm sure the producers (and her overwhelming pity for him) had something to do with keeping him on the show and in an individual date.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think she's as good an actor as her fellow SAG member Daaavid. She's been coached redeemed enough to realize how this will play out on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I think she's as good an actor as her fellow SAG member Daaavid. She's been coached redeemed enough to realize how this will play out on TV.
    If that were the case, I'd like her even more. After all, there's nothing more exciting to watch than a devious, under-handed woman.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I'm sure that NBC had a lot to do with her decisions to go on the date and keep David - but in his defense (I can't believe I'm going to defend the little twit) ...all of the crazy furniture hoppin', watermelon tossin', screamin' at the sky stuff was done outside of Larissa's presence. When he was with Larissa - he was respectful and sort of nice. I personally would have a pretty difficult time getting past the hair cut, but maybe Larissa thought "what the heck...might as well figure out what is with this clown-like mopped topped guy"
    David really was a lot easier to like the second episode. He is soooo on the wrong show though...the Fab Five would love this challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    "
    [David] He is soooo on the wrong show though...the Fab Five would love this challenge.
    Oh yeah, exactly what I told my husband.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    The one thing I will say in Larissa's favor is that I really like her no-nonsense dismissals. No agonizing over "this was such a hard decision" or long convoluted speeches. When they get the can, they get the can.

I gained a little respect for her with her reaction when she let Donato go. However, I'm wondering if her sadness/regret/tears are because she's connecting with this guys and doesn't want to see them leave, or if it's because she had a decent heart and feels SORRY for the guys she's letting go.

For instance - her reaction to DAVIDDASKAL's (aka Jack Russell) kiss was "Wow, he had the guts to try to kiss me, good for him." Would she react this way if he was good looking and tried to kiss her? I don't think so.

+ Reply to Thread