+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melana and Jason on Ellen

They were holding hands as they were walking in. Well, it kinda looked like she was leading him around by the hand
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Ellen pulled up a picture of Zach and asked about the egg incident with Marcus and how mean it was of Zach. Melena told Ellen that the "egg prank" on Marcus was actually Adam's idea although Zach pulled it off. She said Zach and Adam were really good friends and still are. So Ellen said she didn't like Adam anymore because he was mean.
    Is that true??

Quote Originally Posted by discochaps
    Is that true??

There was another interview with Adam (someone post a link if they remember, cause I don't), where Adam said that he showed the guys how to poke a hole in an egg and blow out the yolk. Then you smash it on someone's head and they think they are going to get splattered, but it's just shell. He suggested Zach do it to Marcus, cause I guess he was getting on people's nerves. He did it, but didn't remove the yolk.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Adam got a bad rap on the egg incident on Ellen by Melana. I have listed the quotes and links to separate interviews of Adam and Zach which questioned them each separately on the incident. Ellen was quick to place blame and dislike on Adam for the joke in response to Melana's explanation. I think Melana was just relieved to not always look like the bad one so she did not give the full details of the incident.

I preferred the Jay Leno interview because he poked fun of the whole concept and everyone involved. He laughed in Jason's face for being 27 and living at home and grilled Melana for a reason for not picking Adam which she did not answer. The audience and John Mayer were also non-responsive to her. In the current TV Guide online interview with Adam, he mentions Jay poking fun of his big teeth. But Jay prefaced that by saying that Adam was a good looking guy. Being the comedian that Jay is he could not pass up a good laugh and had to comment on Adam's big smile.

Compared to Jay constantly laughing in Melana's face, she got off very easily with Ellen. She didn't ask tough questions and told Melana that she liked her and didn't think that she was a bad person. Ellen said that it was very obvious that Jason and Melana had an intense attraction from the beginning. Ellen said that when you bring two beautiful people together they find away to be together.

After Melana and Jason first came out on the stage to applause, Melana made a comment about how it was more shallow for someone to say that Jason doesn't have a personality. I found this comment especially amusing because I have posted several times in this forum that Jason has no personality. She said that people think she picked the wrong guy. Ellen asked the audience if they had watched the show and they applauded again. She held up Adam's picture and the audience applauded louder. Then Meleana took Adam's picture and kissed it. Ellen held up Zach's picture which elicited no applause but a few groans. This is when Ellen brought up the whole egg incident. At one point Ellen mentioned the whole DUFF incident with Zach. For once Melana turned to Jason and gave him a chance to elaborate on what happened. Jason was his usual non-personality self and gave some short and dry response that we saw a short edited scene and Zach was much worser.

RNO: The egg that was smashed on Marc's head... where the heck did it come from? It appeared to come from nowhere. And why on Earth did Zach decide to do it?

Adam: It came from the refrigerator – we had them there. His action wasn’t out of nowhere – he knew he was doing it.

RNO: But where did he get the idea?

Adam: Well, back in high school or earlier I learned a trick where you put a pinhole in an egg and drain it. I did it to someone earlier – Brad. Zach decided to do it with a real egg and he wanted to do it to Marc because Marc was annoying him. I don’t know the whole story because I wasn’t really hanging out with him at the time – we were at different ends of the house then.
    http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...878.art&page=1

*Why in the world did you toss an egg at Marc?
    Zach: The egg was a joke. It was a practical joke started by Adam. It wasn't done out of spite or malice, but to get some laughs out of people. It is funny to me that people in the house can say or do things and it comes off like a joke, but when it is me, I am just a villain. That being said, I did target Marc because he got on my nerves and I would say a few other people's as well.
    http://www.tvrules.net/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=3377

Jason actually made one other response when Ellen asked how did they find out about the reality show. Jason said that he was told it was a Life of the Party reality show which involved some traveling and romance. Other than that he maintained his Ken doll with blank stare facade. Melana said that she was told that there was no pressure to get engaged or married and all she had to do was date. She said that they are not Trista and Ryan. A comment was posted in this forum describing her as the poor man's Trista.

I got caught up in this series because Adam put a redeeming humane face on Reality Dating TV shows after watching Bob slurp his way through The Bachelor 4. I was relieved when he stated that he does not aspire to follow in Bob's footsteps for primetime dating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12