+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most Redeeming Quality of AJ

Escaping my own reality!

Most Redeeming Quality of AJ

I saw bits of this show here and there and watched the finale in it's entirety, filler and all. I have to say this show has one quality that its "find your soulmate on TV" kin would do well to emulate: the was no mention or implication of marriage/engagements/weddings/etc. at the end. The prize was a trip to a nice resort for a week. That seems sooooo much more appropriate for this scenario than picking out an engagement ring. Spend a few weeks whittling down a field of suitors to one that you are gonna have a nice time on the beach with. Very reasonable and much more plausible. If I were in the market, I'm not sure I could find my soulmate out of some group of men, but I'm pretty sure I could find someone to spend a week with.

I have to say that I enjoyed that as well. No need to go shoving every reality show contestant into marriage at the end of a questionable attempt to get to know one another.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

It just proves something we know for a fact: average joes can't compete with handsome hunks for a hot girl, even if joe is a millionnaire and the hunk is broke. Other than that, there is no redeeming quality whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima
    It just proves something we know for a fact: average joes can't compete with handsome hunks for a hot girl, even if joe is a millionnaire and the hunk is broke. Other than that, there is no redeeming quality whatsoever.
    Oh Maxima, don't be like that. I too was very disappointed when they brought on the hunks; however, when I thought about it further, it dawned on me that she was heading straight into the arms of Zach because she was BS-ing us all with her "personality means more to me than looks" shtick!. I do agree that the final outcome is a week away from the cameras alone, but why do they have to go to some "resort". Why not send them to a Ho Jo's in Hoboken? I mean television needs to be the "real" back in "reality television" don't you think.

Hug me!
    Average Joes should stick with their own kinds.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I concur with the statement that there was no push for an engagement or wedding or any kind of long-term commitment and that made this worth watching. It's light weight fluff for the sole purpose of entertaining people.

And Average Joes should mingle with anyone they want. Who's to say who's average anyway?

+ Reply to Thread