+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Melana & Jason on Leno NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky Tuscadero
    My opinion of Melana took a major nose-dive after seeing her on Leno. If anyone had any question about whether she was shallow just had to hear her say she was working Jason over to figure out her true nature. She was awfully obnoxious, and seemed to be trying tooooo hard to seem cool and normal. But alas, she not only failed but made herself seem ultra surface and annoying.
    Maybe she was drunk! She kept whipping her head back and forth between Jay and Jason and then she stood up for no reason to show off her high heels? Reminds me of me when I've been drinking!
    Oh, how we see what we want to see!

Melana's and Jason's interview with Jay is no more or less dull and boring than any other guest that he has on his show.

I've witnessed Madonna, Demi Moore, Drew Barrymore and other personalities stand up, spin around, pull down their pants, shaky their bottom and other silly things as they are illustrating a point.

So she stood to show off her heels and tell the story; I liked her animation.

Regarding her "whipping her head back and forth between Jay and Jason, what's so hard to figure out about that?! She was being polite, something that I include in my personality, and trying to establish eye contact between both people. When I'm sitting at a bar or table and in the middle of two people, I'm guilty of the same action. Rather than having her back turned to one of the men, she tried to involve them both. Bad, bad Melana!!! You should have chosen one and ignored the other.

She wasn't on the show to defend Adam and with as tense as it is being on LIVE television, she probably didn't even hear the comments that Jay said about Adam's teeth. Yet, what could she say: "Jay, I know Adam flosses regularly; he won't have gum disease." Like that would happen.

It's time to quit flogging this dead horse. Adam has a girl and great exposure; he's still in the spot light along with Zach. Melana got Jason and for the moment, they're happy. Many of the other Average Joe's are loving the continued exposure to the media that they're receiving. End of story.

Melana came off looking equally as bad during the "Today" Show interview. Jason looked like a dumb putz that got stuck with her. Thank goodness she did not chose Adam....and I'll wager NOW Adam is glad too.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

I have Leno recorded from last night and decided to try and transcribe it to end some of the questions about what was said. I will try to be as accurate as possible, but if I miss a word here or there, I apologize in advance.

Jay introduces the couple and they walk out holding hands. They go through the small talk, hello portion. Melana explains how the show works.

Melana They asked me what my type was, and I love a guy with personality, much like yourself, Jay.
    Jay *rolls eyes* Yeah

Melana laughs and makes some comment about how Jay could have been the type on the bus.
    Jay Yeah that’s gonna happen. And you’d talk to me, sure. I’d be driving the bus. I’d be the one saying “Alright, we’re here.” *said in New York bus-driver accent*

Melana makes bus driver joke I can’t make out.

Melana So anyway, they surprised me with a group of guys they called ‘Average Joes’ and Jason well Jason wasn’t exactly on that bus.

Jay Were you disappointed when the got off the bus? Cause I’ve seen the promo where it looks like you had some kind of seizure *makes faces*. Were you actually like, “Oh my god I’ve been tricked”?
    Melana-There was no epilepsy involved, actually. I was a little surprised but I wasn’t disgusted by any means. I think a lot of people thought I was going to be disgusted but I wasn’t. The guys made me laugh and smile and um..
    Jay Describe the Average Joes. What were there, 12 of them.
    Melana-There were 12 of them and the ranged in height from my height of 5’2” to 6’8” and What, 300 pounds *turns to Jason as if to confirm this*
    Jason I didn’t meet em, so…*laughs*
    Jay What kind of guy are you usually attracted to?
    Melana *looks at Jason* I like a guy that kinda looks like Jason but they have to have a good *looks at Jason, laughs, and says “what?”
    Jason Nothing. You looked at me and I thought you were going to describe me.
    Melana- He has a very dry sense of humor. And I really, um… But you know Jason, he looks good but we’re working on the whole eyebrow thing…
    *everyone laughs and talks at once for a moment*
    Jay So you wanna change him. See why are women never happy with a guy. *imitates women “we’re working on this, we’re going to change his clothes, we’re going to get him a new hat*
    Jason They’re never happy.
    Melana It’s basically, we’re doing the whole, uh, new, uh, those uh, Crest White strips that we use. Yeah, we’re doing that and the whole eyebrow plucking and we’re working on fashion.
    Jay I see why I missed the show. *audience laughs* Let me ask you this, *everyone laughs more for a minute* I heard at one point you had stormed off. Is that true?
    Melana This is the worst part. I didn’t even hear that until the show came out and it was Average Joe and all that stuff. I was actually happy to have met the guys but apparently I had ran up into the desert to regain my composure. And ladies *stands up to show heels* I was in high heels, ok. I would have literally had to dive off the cliff and roll over some cactus *demonstrating with hand motions* and go, “Oh my god, I can’t take it!” Ya know? So there was like no like but anyway.
    Jay So you got down to three Joes and what happened? You thought it would be one of those three and they brought in the three good looking ones. Is that what it was?
    Melana Yeah um, I took this process very seriously and was really excited to have whittled the 16 down to three what I thought were real connections with what they call Average Joes. Yeah, um, so we had these real connections and then Kathy Griffen (you know, the host) walks in and says, “Now the game’s about to change.” And in walks Jason, and Alex and Mike these, you know, it’s kinda like that *imitates Bow-Chica-bow-bow music and model walk*. I was very *Jason says something I don’t understand, she turns to him and says “what” but doesn’t wait for an answer* I was very frustrated at that point.
    Jay Jason, have you managed to get a word in edgewise?*mutters* What were you doing before this? On the show you are living in your parents house
    Jason Right
    *Everyone talks at once*
    Jason Which is nice, I recommend it.
    Jay and how old are you *everyone laughs*
    Jason I’m 27.
    *everyone laughs and talks at once*
    Jason I don’t live in my parent’s house.
    Melana He did.
    Jason It was temporary. I temporarily lived there, I did. It makes it hard to meet women.
    Jay It’s tough
    *everyone talks at once then Jay asks him what he thought the show was going to be about. Jason give the same, “Life of the Party” explaination we’ve heard before. They have a talk about money they earned on the show. They both state repeatedly that they didn’t receive any money at all*
    Jay Now did you feel bad for the Average Joes *melana shakes head to indicate ‘no’* Jason did you feel bad for the uh..
    Jason Well that’s not my typical role. I don’t into bars and steal women away from guys.
    Jay Now see, I would if I were you, I’d do that everyday. That’s the fun part.*everyone laughs and talks at once*
    Jay I guess most people were rooting for what was his name? Adam *audience screams and cheers when they show picture*
    Melana Adam is wonderful.
    *jay says Adam is a good looking guy but he hopes he never gets gum disease*

There is then a conversation about Adam being rich which Melana dismisses by saying she wasn’t in it for the money. Asked her if she knew Jason was the one immediately, she said the same stuff about giving him a chance just like she had given the other guys a chance.
    Jay So you all are dating for real. This isn’t a scam?
    Jason Our connection on the show was very real.

Jay wishes them luck, etc.
    Last edited by Stargazer; 12-10-2003 at 12:09 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

When Melana saw those guys get off the bus, her face dropped hard enough to generate a 6.0 earthquake. She had to go off to regain her composure. To her credit, she came out and chatted with each of the guys and was nice to them. But she was most definitely disappointed at first.

I see what you did there Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    transcript of show.......

Hey stargazer, you seem to always be the lil hero...thanks for transcribing all that.

You know, honestly...I didn't like how she was acting that much on the show either. She did seem overly excited, maybe tipsy? She did make sure to talk about her height and stood up to show the shoes, but I think that was to show off her body..really. Jason's eyebrows (thankfully) have been tampered with, although they could be done more. That was one of the things that bugged my gf and I about Jason, that damned bushy unabrow. I dunno...I'll chalk up her tipsy/ditziness to probably being really excited to finally be out in the open with Jason and being on the Leno Show.

I honestly think Melana wanted to say more (good stuff) about Adam, but Jay (as Jay usually does) kept interrupting her when she'd start to talk. She did say something to the effect that "that's not nice" (or something like that) when Jay was bagging on Adam's teeth and gums.

I actually think that they might last a long time...they seemed very "into each other"...
    Also, she explained that they didn't get any money for doing the show, they just got each other. That was cute, cause really, that was the premise of the show...to hook up with someone you're attracted to.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

You're welcome Maveno. Jason seemed to be okay with the eyebrow plucking talk but seemed a bit uncomfortable during the Crest White Strips talk. I think he would have rather that not be known.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

actually think that they might last a long time...they seemed very "into each other".
    No way...these two won't last long enough for the water to get hot.
    I don't always act like a bitch; but when I do, I'm the lead float in the bitch parade.

I didn't see Leno, so I read SG's recap. It amuses me to no end that Melana chose the pretty boy and now she's trying to smarten him up. Just think of all she'd be doing to poor Adam if he'd been the one!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I didn't see Leno, so I read SG's recap. It amuses me to no end that Melana chose the pretty boy and now she's trying to smarten him up. Just think of all she'd be doing to poor Adam if he'd been the one!

Yeah, I'm afraid she would have called the Emergency Queer Eye line to get help

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Yeah, I'm afraid she would have called the Emergency Queer Eye line to get help
    I can hear her now: Item one, shave the face. Item two, shave the back.
    Adam had a lucky escape, IMO.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast