+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Witness for the Defense: Why Melana chose Jason

Good post, lambikins, very interesting.

But, I guess I'm just a romantic sucker at heart. The stuff Adam did for Melana totally melted me. Nothing wrong with a guy going all out for a girl he likes.

Adam seems like a pretty humble guy himself, anyway - many of his jokes are self-deprecating, he dresses casually, his office and co-workers were very un-pretentious, his apartment was simple (I commented to my hubby that it had the look of a place where the guys were hardly ever home) and if I made the cover of Fortune magazine, I might frame it too. Nothing wrong in taking pride in your accomplishments.

Is Adam competitive? He must be to some extent. I personally admire and respect that quality, maybe because I have a laid-back personality. I do agree that Melana appears to be the type to take charge in a relationship, and Jason seems content to be lead. In fact, Melana even said she could support him.

Melana and Jason probably are better suited to each other. But if she was looking for the "total package", I think she sent the wrong guy home on the bus.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Melana and Jason probably are better suited to each other. But if she was looking for the "total package", I think she sent the wrong guy home on the bus.

I thought that the whole point of having Melana on the show was because she was looking to settle down with the whole package. Adam has it all right now. In a few years, Jason might have it, but he missing a few key elements right now!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

FORT Newbie
    I personally was disgusted when she picked Jason. Not because he was inferior, but because I thought the show was to give the AVERAGE Joe a chance to find love with someone that gets to know them inside. Unfortunately just when a couple of them were making a small amount of headway, the SHOW brings in 3 so called hunks. I agree that the minute Melana saw Jason it was just a matter of getting the show over with, and once they played tonsil hockey we were all wasting our time. I won't watch the show again because I really want the AVERAGE JOE show to mean AVERAGE JOE.

Quote Originally Posted by moother
    I personally was disgusted when she picked Jason. Not because he was inferior, but because I thought the show was to give the AVERAGE Joe a chance to find love with someone that gets to know them inside. Unfortunately just when a couple of them were making a small amount of headway, the SHOW brings in 3 so called hunks. I agree that the minute Melana saw Jason it was just a matter of getting the show over with, and once they played tonsil hockey we were all wasting our time. I won't watch the show again because I really want the AVERAGE JOE show to mean AVERAGE JOE.
    Moother!
    I think that the producer's justification for bringing in the "hunks" was see if the Beauty would actually choose the geek.... If she did, then it had a even better story line. Also, it made the geeks actually have to work to win Melana's attention and affection.
    Reality TV

FORT Newbie
    honestly i believe no matter what choice melana picked (adam or jason) she would still be labeled as shallow. If she picked adam people would say she was after his money. if she picked Jason people would say she likes his looks. She followed her heart and thats what matters. Its not my life or anyone elses. therefore i cant understand why people get so mad and say that she's shallow. They both seemed like great guys!

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Good post, lambikins, very interesting.

But, I guess I'm just a romantic sucker at heart. The stuff Adam did for Melana totally melted me. Nothing wrong with a guy going all out for a girl he likes.

Is Adam competitive? He must be to some extent. I personally admire and respect that quality, maybe because I have a laid-back personality. I do agree that Melana appears to be the type to take charge in a relationship, and Jason seems content to be lead. In fact, Melana even said she could support him.

I personally liked both men, for different reasons, same as Melana. I liked Adam, because he reminded me of myself. I'm a Type A, over-achiever that blew past all the guide lines I could. I just like competition.

I liked Jason, because he's the laid back personality that I tend to get involved with. While Adam was filmed doing a "Rocky", Jason was relaxing in the pool. How I wish that I could be that secure in the out come (whether he won or lost) to not angst over my winning.

Melana likes to be on top. Jason afforded her a chance to lead, and have a man follow, which is quite hard to find in a dating situation. Every S.O. that I've had was the calm, stable lounger while I was the obsessed, goal-driven provider. It was a nice balance of power.

We never knew Melana's financial profile, but with all of the PR work that she's done, she probably has her own Nest Egg and didn't need to have any of Adam's. Also, she's probably so used to having men give her flowers, candy, lingerie and other girly gifts that she was neutral to the experience.

And, if Adam is as charming as he was portrayed, he'd welcome Melana as a friend, any day. They shared a common, strange experience and that alone is friend-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetgymnast
    honestly i believe no matter what choice melana picked (adam or jason) she would still be labeled as shallow. If she picked adam people would say she was after his money. if she picked Jason people would say she likes his looks. She followed her heart and thats what matters. Its not my life or anyone elses. therefore i cant understand why people get so mad and say that she's shallow. They both seemed like great guys!
    I am labeling her as shallow due to the fact that once she layed eyes on the new guys, she forgot about the old guys.

First, she gets rid of John instead of Mike, after saying that she had a stronger connection with the four remaining guys (strange considering that she only got to talk to make 1 on 1 for a few minutes). Now, I know that John was a little overbearing with his love for Melana, but she could have told him that.

Furthermore, on all of the subsequental dates, Melana always choose a new guy for the one on one time!!! That is quite off to me.

Lastly, most of her reasons for choosing Jason were based on his looks, that smile, those eyes, etc.... In her confessionals she talked about how great Adam was, and how pretty Jason was!

She is Shallow!!!
    Reality TV

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    And, if Adam is as charming as he was portrayed, he'd welcome Melana as a friend, any day. They shared a common, strange experience and that alone is friend-worthy.
    I don't know about that... After getting rejected on national television it is rather hard to be someone's friend!!!
    Reality TV

Quote Originally Posted by sweetgymnast
    Yuppers, Melana is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

What in the world would we do if we didn't have pretty, rich people to pick apart and criticize?

If she had chosen Zach, we would have howled that she was picking the ass.

If she chose Adam, she was a Gold-digger.

If she chose Jason, she was shallow and vapid for basing her decision on looks.

So, we should call in Dr. Frankenstein so that she could pick a man that looked like Zach, had the charm and money of Adam and the six pack of Jason. And the dogs.

Maybe that would untwist people's knickers.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    ak90210:Great post, with a lot of interesting points...Thank you! I like to take an Atticus Fitch approach to life.

Question, why does Adam have a roommate if he's supposed to be rich?Probably to save mo' money and buy another restaurant.

Btw, shouldn't there have been a spoiler tag around the paragraph on Sweet Home Alabama? Some people haven't seen it yet. Oops! Spoiler tag indeed was in order! Just look at this shiney watch, ak90210: you are getting sleepy, very sleepy...you will forget all about Sweet Home Alabama...
    Adam has a second home in the Hamptons. I think it is odder that Jen had to live with Andrew and a roommate. Andrew and Aaron were advertised as being very wealthy from very old money but neither one owned their own home during the tapings of The Bachelor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast