+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Witness for the Defense: Why Melana chose Jason

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    :
    Additionally, since the show was called 'Average Joe' not 'Models v. Geeks' its clearly tilted against those that are not blessed with genetics.
    But, this is NOT Melana's fault, which so many people want to blame her for in chosing someone that society deems "good-looking." She didn't slip the producer a C-note and say, "Can ya bring in some Hotties?" If we should be pissed at anyone, it's the Switch and Bait tactics of NBC, who hyped the show as Average and than brought in Above-Average!

To discriminate against Jason just because of his looks is just as bad as discriminating against Melana because she didn't chose a Jelly Belly.

And regarding AJ-2, we can see that they raised the bar: bringing in "torpedo-chested" hunks by the boat load. Apparently, someone should sue NBC for false advertising! It's 4 weeks until the premeire and already it isn't about "average" anybody; it's Geeks vs. Greeks.

FORT Newbie
    Great post, with a lot of interesting points...

Question, why does Adam have a roommate if he's supposed to be rich?

Btw, shouldn't there have been a spoiler tag around the paragraph on Sweet Home Alabama? Some people haven't seen it yet.

"Jelly Belly"? The Average Joes weren't all fat...

Oh wait, she could have chosen a "Bean Pole".
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Adam introduced her to his roommate. Her looking around the apartment is how she found out about his riches. She even said "I never thought to ask". Because she was never interested in Adam to begin with. Adam introduced her to his friends. The warm reception he received was very endearing and she was looking at him as if he took her to a WWF match. The fact that she had the audacity to talk about being confused, etc. on their date just showed her lack of caring about Adam's feelings.

She had obviously made up her mind the night she first kissed Jason and he made her knees buckle. Why not just come clean and be honest. It would have still made the show memorable.
    I saw a replay of when the three guys including Jason walked in. The expression on her face spoke volumes. She had made a decision to pick one of the three even before the kiss.

I thought it was odd that Jason did not show his family, friends, work, or school but thought maybe some of this was left on the editing floor.

I think Adam's roommate saw through Melana when he expressed concern about her selection process and Adam getting hurt.

Matt mentioned during the Today interview that Adam should have removed the information on his finances from the apartment. Adam said that he had been gone for eight weeks before they returned to his room. So, this was not planned.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    What it boils down to is, is the poster looking to attack Jason or not. You can twist the case either way.[/b]
    I am not trying to attact Jason, but I do believe that the fact that he is 26 and living at home is a negative attribute. If he had a winning personity, he could easily overcome, but he was as wooden as Pinocchio when he talked to Melana....
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

ak90210:Great post, with a lot of interesting points...Thank you! I like to take an Atticus Fitch approach to life.

Question, why does Adam have a roommate if he's supposed to be rich?Probably to save mo' money and buy another restaurant.

Btw, shouldn't there have been a spoiler tag around the paragraph on Sweet Home Alabama? Some people haven't seen it yet. Oops! Spoiler tag indeed was in order! Just look at this shiney watch, ak90210: you are getting sleepy, very sleepy...you will forget all about Sweet Home Alabama...

I don't think Adam was trying to impress Melana. He obviously had that framed in his bedroom a long time ago and didn't do it just to impress her. Plus the naming the drinks was just a menu for her, not the entire restaurant. Adam is smart and creative and thats what he did, I don't see it being him trying to impress her. He never gave her endless presents he gave her two. I don't think Adam was trying to impress her or buy her affection, I think he was being Adam, a genuine and nice guy. Your looking at a lot of this the wrong way.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    1) Childhood similarities: She remarked over and over again about the similar childhood experiences that she and Jason had: bronzed baby shoes, living in the same home from 3 years old on, etc.
    Oh my God!! I'm a perfect match for BOTH of them!! My mother had my baby shoes bronzed and I now have them!! AND I lived in the same house from the time I was 3 until I was 24 (I did go to college, but I also returned home for $ purposes, but I did it after college, but it's close enough, isn't it?) I feel like Jason, Melana and I would have a strong connection...

FORT Newbie

Melana and Jason- is this for real?!

So, what are the odd's these two are together after the 5 days? Any information on this?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jwking
    So, what are the odd's these two are together after the 5 days? Any information on this?
    They were giggling about wanting to kiss in the middle of Times Square on the TODAY show, so if you live in NYC, stay inside for the next few days!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast