+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Average Joe Finale - How Do You Solve A Problem Like Melana?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    No mud slinging from me Zeus.

Actually, the title sucks. I couldn't think of ANYTHING at the time, so I just used it as a play on words from Sound of Music. (How do you solve a problem like Melana)

I like Melana and I think the new AJ2 girl won't be able to measure up. Melana gave the guys a chance, but in the end, she was more interested in Jason. I don't fault her for that.

She really was screwed. If she picked Adam, she's a gold-digger. If she picks Jason, she's shallow. What's a girl to do?

I'm glad people enjoy the recaps and I understand if not everyone appreciates my sense of humour. I thank everyone for reading them. It's been fun.
    Exactly!!! She was open to being judged regardless of how she chose. She went for the guy she had chemistry with. Besides, if Zach had not been such a jerk to the fat Melana, he would have been in the final two instead of Adam. I never felt she was that into Adam.

Adam appeared to me to really want to WIN her. Not, because he wanted Melana, but because he wanted to WIN the contest. Jason seemed to be more interested in her, rather than merely wanting to win her. I think the best man (for her) won.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    No mud slinging from me Zeus.

Actually, the title sucks. I couldn't think of ANYTHING at the time, so I just used it as a play on words from Sound of Music. (How do you solve a problem like Melana)

I like Melana and I think the new AJ2 girl won't be able to measure up. Melana gave the guys a chance, but in the end, she was more interested in Jason. I don't fault her for that.

She really was screwed. If she picked Adam, she's a gold-digger. If she picks Jason, she's shallow. What's a girl to do?

I'm glad people enjoy the recaps and I understand if not everyone appreciates my sense of humour. I thank everyone for reading them. It's been fun.
    Miss F,
    I am right there with you. When you play a game someone is going to be happy and someone is going to be not so happy. So no matter what choice Melana was going to make she was not going to be able to please everyone. I just hope she pleased herself and no I do not dislike her. Let's all get on on a reality show and see how we act!!

By the way I love your recaps.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I wouldn't really consider either of these guys "Average Joes". On the one hand, you have the pretty boy, and on the other, you have the rich guy. An "average Joe" wouldn't have striking good looks or a ton of cash. The whole thing was misleading if you ask me (which I know nobody did, but too bad. )
    Yep, I'm with you. I thought very few of them were "average Joes." Maybe the chiropractor she let go on the first episode and a couple of others. I was expecting guys like so many I know, work with and respect... not bad looking, not model glamorous, not nerdy, not too fat, not too skinny, not too short not rich, not poor. AVERAGE. The kind of guy who, when you fall in love with him, he's the most handsome man alive to you.

dg

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I also thought that Adam was so much better than being put back on that tacky bus.
    Was it just editing, or did they really make Adam sit there on the bus and wait while the jet taxied out of the hanger? If so, that's a low blow.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    She went for the guy she had chemistry with.
    Right, she clearly had chemistry with Jason from the very beginning. She practically melted when she was around him. To tell the truth, I would have been disappointed in her had she chosen Adam because it would have seemed she was betraying her heart. That doesn't make her shallow. Who can explain chemistry? People do tend to be attracted to a certain type and, usually, to people who mirror themselves somehow.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by Dakini Girl
    Was it just editing, or did they really make Adam sit there on the bus and wait while the jet taxied out of the hanger? If so, that's a low blow.
    This post seems to indicate that the cruelty of it all was not an act.

Adam Mesh on Squawk Box (CNBC)

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Great recap, Miss F. This was the first episode I watched, and I was relieved to see others were are disturbed by it as I was.

An aside: anyone else know what melena means in the medical sense? I couldn't help thinking about it with how nasty she seemed to be treating both of them (playing them both). I just thought it was appropriate
    I did not think that Melana had mistreated Jason until I saw how she interacted with him on The Tonight Show. She said that she still had to do some work on him like shaping his eyebrows and using some whitestrips on his teeth. After watching her in action on the finale, I still was taken a back by how shallow and dense this woman truly is. Melana is no prize. Adam should be counting his blessings for losing this one.

Regarding the shaving... when we saw Adam break out the previously-never-used razor, I looked at my wife and said, "Holy @#*$ - he's finally going to shave!!!!" Two seconds later we see him again - unshaven. My wife says, deadpan, "Apparently he missed.".

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Adam appeared to me to really want to WIN her. Not, because he wanted Melana, but because he wanted to WIN the contest. Jason seemed to be more interested in her, rather than merely wanting to win her. I think the best man (for her) won.
    I disagree. The opposite is actually true. Adam wanted Melana whereas Jason just wanted to win the contest.

In a recent interview, Melana expressed interest in a long term relationship with Jason, but Jason's answer was much more guarded. He said it's still too early to tell whether their dating will evolved further into something long term. It seems obvious that Melana is more attracted to Jason than he to her.

On the other hand, Adam was more attracted to Melana than she to him.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    I disagree. On the other hand, Adam was more attracted to Melana than she to him.
    Yes, Adam did seem to get caught up in the moment and be swept away by Melana. He expressed interest in a long term commitment before he was rejected. Even at the end while he was sitting on the bus, he expressed concern about some of his friends being at a different point in their personal life with a wife and children. I sat through a whole series of The Bachelor 4 and never heard the same level of maturity from Bob the 32 year old bachelor even after he conquered 25 beautiful women.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast