+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did the averages come off as too desperate?

FORT Newbie

Did the averages come off as too desperate?

It seemed like the averages were so grateful to be in her presence it turned her off. The model-boys didn't seem that way.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxguy
    It seemed like the averages were so grateful to be in her presence it turned her off. The model-boys didn't seem that way.
    I think a lot of guys can get that way, especially if they have not had much dating success. I dont know if they think it comes off as charming and endearing??? Maybe some girls want their very own puppy dog, but most do not.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    That's why Zach and Adam were the last ones standing of the "averages" - they had a lot more confidence. Confidence is sexy! John... he freaked her out with his level of emotions, which is why he got the axe. If he was less emotionally needy, he might have beat Jason! Erm, yeah, we know that's not the truth, but we can all wish!

The guys came of as desperate as a lost man in the desert, looking for water.

I cringed at some of the truly needy: Brad and John in particular. If any man that I ever dated did a back flip over a peck on the cheek, I would have crawled out the bathroom window to escape him.

Moxy wins out, especially for someone with Melana's dating experience. This is NOT a slam against Melana, but a girl with her looks, working in a male-dominated field such as sports, is used to playing the game. Zach and Adam had the stones to play at Melana's leve.

The geeks were just that: Geeks. I would have tossed them back into the pond, too!

Then, I would have sued the show for breach of promise.

I think that the show wanted us to think that they were desperate for Melania... They heavily edited the show so that the men on the show acted like they were in 7th grade. I am sure that in the men were lead to act the way that they did. Most of them didn't even want to be on a dating show, they signed up for Life of the Party! I bet that they know better then to do the things that they did, but the producers edged them into it, then the editors made it look 1000 times worse.
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    This is NOT a slam against Melana, but a girl with her looks, working in a male-dominated field such as sports, is used to playing the game.
    I wonder why all these former NFL cheerleaders like Melana, Trista, Mary, and Karin can not land a sports millionaire and have resorted to becoming dating reality show heroines.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I wonder why all these former NFL cheerleaders like Melana, Trista, Mary, and Karin can not land a sports millionaire and have resorted to becoming dating reality show heroines.
    Simply because they aren't ready to settle down, and like any contestant on American Idol knows, any exposure to lead to greater exposure.

You simply can NOT be in the public eye, like any of these girls have been, and be a shrinking violet. They are used to being in the spot light and the spot light adores them. If being on a reality show leads to another role or a spot somewhere, like Tamara on Boston Public, then why not? They get more exposure than an agent could drum up in a life time.

The people that aren't interested in being famous are posting on this board...about the publicity hounds!

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Simply because they aren't ready to settle down, and like any contestant on American Idol knows, any exposure to lead to greater exposure.
    Justin is the American Idol poster boy that proves that TV exposure does not always make a star. I actually think that Adam will gain more from a business, social, and career basis from The Average Joe series than Melana.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    I think that the show wanted us to think that they were desperate for Melania... They heavily edited the show so that the men on the show acted like they were in 7th grade. I am sure that in the men were lead to act the way that they did. Most of them didn't even want to be on a dating show, they signed up for Life of the Party! I bet that they know better then to do the things that they did, but the producers edged them into it, then the editors made it look 1000 times worse.

They should take croftchrism's quote, blow it up 1000 times and plaster it on the side of Times Square.

If you are ever watching a reality program and question why one of the participants did something, read the above.....

+ Reply to Thread