+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about the AJ2 promo

FORT Fan

What do you guys think about the AJ2 promo

This gal is a b*tch; already using four-letter obsceneties on national TV on week 1. I mean, she has a right to be upset by looking at those pot-barrel bellies, but come on, you can show a little dignity if just for TV. I wonder how she almost became Miss America with such a lack of grace.

Why do these people keep doing these shows, when they don't get any money from NBC at the end (except some "compensation for living expenses" they showed in small print at the end of AJ1). Just for the airtime? Does it really help since we have so many actress/model wannabes?

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    This gal is a b*tch; already using four-letter obsceneties on national TV on week 1. I mean, she has a right to be upset by looking at those pot-barrel bellies, but come on, you can show a little dignity if just for TV. I wonder how she almost became Miss America with such a lack of grace.

Why do these people keep doing these shows, when they don't get any money from NBC at the end (except some "compensation for living expenses" they showed in small print at the end of AJ1). Just for the airtime? Does it really help since we have so many actress/model wannabes?
    Although I myself would never go on one of these shows, I know quite a few people that would. They are all the sort of people who love being the center of attention, and what better way to do that then to go on national television. And in a few rare instances, it can further your media career, so the contestants really have nothing to lose, except a little pride!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde

Sorry, I swear all the time and consider myself neither a bitch or a skank. And you can bet the bank that if I looked like her, had been sold the 'pitch' that she was on a dating show and these mooks showed up, there'd be more than one swear word coming from my lips! Think "Jerry Springer" if you need a visual.

As to why these people keep showing up: the world is filled with people that lack personal pride and also want their 15 minutes, never being able to garner it in a normal way. Perhaps they're drones in cube offices or the pizza delivery guy and they want to be in the spotlight...for anything short of America's Most Wanted.

I get a lot of attention and noteriety in my profession so I've eclipsed my 15 minutes of fame, but I could see that this would drive "Average" Joe's to do this. After all, look at all the hours that we spend here, talking about them: they're FAMOUS, which is more than they were before the show aired.

since we all know how it'll turn out, why bother watching it all?
    I agree, watching this season will not make me watch the next one!! This one ruined all the romance reality shows for me!!

FORT Regular
    I'll be watching I think. While this group is a less desirable group on the whole looks wise there seemed to be a couple of guys that have some pontential. The carrot top looking guy with the glasses was a little much though.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by acclyaimed4
    since we all know how it'll turn out, why bother watching it all?
    I agree, watching this season will not make me watch the next one!! This one ruined all the romance reality shows for me!!
    I actually agree and I was one of the few saying that I liked Jason. Until last night and then he seemed to be reciting lines from The Young and The Restless and I felt like I was watching an audition. The hunk twist was too much and it turned out the way all the AJs seemed to know it would. But they should all consider themselves lucky and I'm feeling lucky. I have a lot of other options and I'll be tuning into something other than AJ2!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Sure, I'll watch it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'll watch... I think the new 'victim's' reaction was what producers were expecting from Melena. I want to see how she handles things. It looks like they bring in the pretty boys alot sooner on this incarnation of the show.
    The 'hottie' that considers himself better than the 'joe' got my back up so I want to see him go DOWN lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The girl is a complete knock-out, much more attractive than Melana (who is nevertheless very pretty and outgoing).

The men seemed way, way below average, however (ones that I would never have dated and I was not even close looks-wise to Melana). Melana's crew was below average generally, too, but this new girl seemed to be on the end of an even shorter stick. I didn't blame her for being upset with the producers -- she should have called them on being deceitful.

Looks like alot more hot guys will be added on and probably earlier in the show. Since I have Tivo, I will probably watch some.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I think I'll just watch the fat suit episode and the finale, or just the finale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast