+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about the AJ2 promo

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I thought it was the girl who was the butt of the joke...
    I thought it was the guys, since they are called average, and would never get this type of girl, yada yada yada..... At least the girl is praised throughout the show (by the people on the show, not the audience!!!)
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    So are you supporting the girl for being dupped, or the men for being the butt of the joke?
    Good point! I'm supporting the girl for having to put up with Carrot Tops and John Candy's and the guys for being told that it's a Life of the Party show rather than the dating show it is.

By the way, does anyone remember Mr. Personality where some of the men actually walked off rather than being part of the winnowing process?

Are they under strict rules to NOT leave when the going gets tough?

I think the girl here is the butt of the joke...

The women say that Looks DON'T matter and this show tells them to put their money where their mouth is.

So the girl in this series reacts in a way that may or may not be worse than Melana did. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Good point! I'm supporting the girl for having to put up with Carrot Tops and John Candy's and the guys for being told that it's a Life of the Party show rather than the dating show it is.

By the way, does anyone remember Mr. Personality where some of the men actually walked off rather than being part of the winnowing process?

Are they under strict rules to NOT leave when the going gets tough?
    I doubt it, but I bet that they are finacially rewarded for staying!!!
    Reality TV

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    I only saw a couple of episodes but the one that I saw walked off was a total cop-out. He knew he was being kicked off for having sex with the stripper, and was trying to save face by saying he wanted out. What a coward.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica
    The women say that Looks DON'T matter and this show tells them to put their money where their mouth is.
    Yes, for Melana it wasn't supposed to be high on the list -- but it's still on the list.

Adam mentioned during one elimination ceremony that Melana had a total right to do the eliminating and that it would be disrespectful for one of the guys to eliminate himself.

Since there were some disclaimers about money apparently some participants were being paid. Since the three so called hunks seem to be aspiring models and actors, I would assume that they may have been legitimately hired through agents instead of duped on the show with The Life of the Party ad.

Does everything on TV have to be so mean-spirited? Melana thought she was on the standard dating-type show, then gets screwed over when she sees the bus unloading. The guys think they're on Life of the Party and then get screwed over: 1) by being on "Average" Joe, and 2) by having the pretty boys appear half way through the show. What would be so bad about putting out an honest casting call for pretty girls and average guys and just letting it play out? People will sign up for anything these days.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    This gal is a b*tch; already using four-letter obsceneties on national TV on week 1. I mean, she has a right to be upset by looking at those pot-barrel bellies, but come on, you can show a little dignity if just for TV. I wonder how she almost became Miss America with such a lack of grace.

Why do these people keep doing these shows, when they don't get any money from NBC at the end (except some "compensation for living expenses" they showed in small print at the end of AJ1). Just for the airtime? Does it really help since we have so many actress/model wannabes?

Hey just to let you know she was in Miss USa not Miss America (there is a BIG difference) Miss USA is a BEAUTY pageant and Miss AMerica tries to be anythiung but a beauty pageant...they'd sue or soemthing if you just called her Miss Missouri, its Missouri USA...anyway this girl is the girl that crowned Melena so go figure...just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Does everything on TV have to be so mean-spirited? Melana thought she was on the standard dating-type show, then gets screwed over when she sees the bus unloading. The guys think they're on Life of the Party and then get screwed over: 1) by being on "Average" Joe, and 2) by having the pretty boys appear half way through the show. What would be so bad about putting out an honest casting call for pretty girls and average guys and just letting it play out? People will sign up for anything these days.
    I think the people are just dying to be on TV, so they don't walk out when the twists come...
    Reality TV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast