+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about the AJ2 promo

I am still unsure if I will watch it or not. There is nothing else on Monday that I would rather watch, so maybe..... Most likely, I will wait to see what y'all think!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Eat a bowl of Crag daily! Crag Antler's Avatar
    I will NOT be watching.. NBC totally pulled a fast one on us, causing us to believe that a gorgeous woman would be forced to get to know the "man behind the geek" if you will, and then perhaps even find romance. Once we were hooked by this scenario and all these very interesting and entertaining guys, they pull the old "bait and switch" on us by trotting in three hunks to "save" poor Melana from the horrors of having to date such "losers." The producers edited the show to make us think she may just have a soul and choose Adam, clearly a guy who has everything a woman SHOULD want in a man, except model looks, of course. But predictable, phony Melana has been fooling us about how she thinks personality is more important, and gladly chooses 90210 reject pretty-yet-dull boy Jason, 26 and still in college, lives at home waiter over funny, well-to-do, creative, romantic, charming, everybody's best friend Adam. I give up. I guess she's afraid their kids would have big teeth. Go figure. No, I'm not interested in being NBC's sap twice over, nor do I care to watch another gaggle of great guys be humiliated and demoralized by trotting in twice as many hunks next time around. Nothing against Jason. He seems like a nice enough kid, but he DID NOT BELONG on this show. It was supposed to be AVERAGE Joe, not Hunks vs. Nerds. Jeez, did you really expect a beauty contestant/NFL cheerleader to choose a geek over a god? Why couldn't you at least have found a gorgeous woman with BRAINS and SUBSTANCE? Such a woman as that might ACTUALLY go for a geek over hunks. ~ Crag

This GIRL is WAAAAY Hotter Than Melana

I will be watching just to see the girl in Hawaii in a bathing suit. The show itself looked like there is some great action and great dates. I wish i were in Hawaii right now.

So they taped this thing before the 1st one even aired??? That's ballsy.

Did i mention the girl is HOT!!!

Being that I don't take these shows to heart, heck yeah I'll be watching! I was entertained the first time around, so why not?

FORT Newbie
    I think it is pretty mean. I think the whole set up is cruel. I hope they don't have anything happen like on the Jenny Jones show (Embarassed guest kills gay crush) How harsh is it to say over and over basically that these are unattractive geeks....this cast is MUCH different than the first one, and I don't think this girl is nearly as charitable as Melana pretended to be. I just have a bad feeling about it...it seems to be a set up to make fun of these guys..if they don't have any idea gong in, it isn't right

I think Melana was genuinely attracted to Adam but not in a sexual way. No amount of affection and money or charm could make her do the nasty with Adam. He doesn't get her horny. Adam's looks is average although the way he talks is a turn off to girls which obviously could not be remedied by a romantic poem. He also has quite above average lifestyle. A millionaire is not someone's idea of an average Joe so he was chosen for his average looks. Jason was chosen, although above average looks, for his average background. Melana was definitely smitten by Jason...remember she said "I'm already swept away". I think Melana would put more effort into working the relationship with Jason than if she ended up with Adam. If Jason looked like the guy with the frizzy hair in AJ2, i don't think Melana would even give it a thought and boot him out the first time she sees him. Melana definitely prefers looks over personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot
    I think it is pretty mean. I think the whole set up is cruel. I hope they don't have anything happen like on the Jenny Jones show (Embarassed guest kills gay crush) How harsh is it to say over and over basically that these are unattractive geeks....this cast is MUCH different than the first one, and I don't think this girl is nearly as charitable as Melana pretended to be. I just have a bad feeling about it...it seems to be a set up to make fun of these guys..if they don't have any idea gong in, it isn't right
    My saying that I'm NOT going to watch AJ2 is like saying, "I will not look at the road kill on the side of the road."

It's just an unnatural attraction we humans have for spilled guts.

I do find the next show very mean spirited and question the use of the title Average Joes. I feel that the contestants AND the girl have a right to be as angry as they wanna be. It reminds me of set ups stories where the popular girls tell the shy girl that they're having a 'costume' party, only to laugh at her when she shows up and finds out that there is none.

Laughing at people's differences honestly is one thing; bringing people together under one premise and than making them the butt of a joke, is just cruel.

I'll probably watch the first show, just to support the girl with her outraged reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    My saying that I'm NOT going to watch AJ2 is like saying, "I will not look at the road kill on the side of the road."

It's just an unnatural attraction we humans have for spilled guts.

I do find the next show very mean spirited and question the use of the title Average Joes. I feel that the contestants AND the girl have a right to be as angry as they wanna be. It reminds me of set ups stories where the popular girls tell the shy girl that they're having a 'costume' party, only to laugh at her when she shows up and finds out that there is none.

Laughing at people's differences honestly is one thing; bringing people together under one premise and than making them the butt of a joke, is just cruel.

I'll probably watch the first show, just to support the girl with her outraged reactions.
    So are you supporting the girl for being dupped, or the men for being the butt of the joke?
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

I thought it was the girl who was the butt of the joke...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, I accept that this show has no redeeming value, but I'll watch it anyway.
    I see from the promo they're bringing hunks in again, which I hated the first time. I hope at least this time they'll bring them in earlier in the "process." Make it more fair, or whatever.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast