+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the winner was adam.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Adam will probably get closer to what he wanted from the show, both before and after the reveal that the Life of the Party was actually a dating show....Hey that they didn't know is there story and no one has given them a vigorous cross examination about it yet...

Adam had and has alot..plus the exposure on Tv may lead to additional spots and or a new girlfriend...

Jason and Mel have each other...Soon as there lips part and they actually look at what they have in common..as they try to talk..as Jason's lips move as he reads the cereal box....as they find they need to have other interests than bronze baby shoes....something will give and I wish we capture on camera...the look Mel has one she first spots a wrinkle...or gains gasp five pounds....

Looks fade...character is forever...only adam has character..

FORT Newbie
    Psshhh.... Adam was so not a winner. Personality? He's obviously going to be the insecure type in any relationship that will always be paranoid over whether or not his GF is cheating on him. The entire final dates all he thought about was Jason. Jason this and Jason that. Quit worrying about the other guy and just hope for the best on your own. He's not Jason, and Jason isn't him.. they have to be their own people.

And as for the people who said Jason has no personality... congratulations. You just judged someone COMPLETELY based on what you saw on TV (atleast with the thing I said above, it's clearly there). As I have learned in film class, the director can cut and rearrange shots as they please to make the audience think what they want them to. You didn't see everything that went on. You saw what the director wanted you to see. Adam could have very well made the same "stupid mistakes" (like checkers), but they chose to try and make him look like the audience-favorite. If there were any "mistakes", they would have obviously cut it out. Same thing with Jason. Any good stuff could have been editted and hover over some of his personality traits while heavily focusing on all of his mistakes.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    She was cheating on him..she told him..she proved it in so many ways..by talking about Jason while on a date with Adam..by picking the new guys with the lamest excuses once they showed up...worked the first time...failed miserably when she did it twice...

I agree that there was editing...but you can cut out things which would make them more complex...what they showed

His reaction to her are you gay? ...His just smiling when she called him pretty..The lack of comment by either of them on the date when the leapord came to say hi...I heard wind whistling through both there ears....and the general sterility of the parents home also suggested alot to me..

Not saying his isn't a nice guy and that the TV did make him more flat than he would be in real life..but Tall handsome Doctor he isnt going to be...

Quote Originally Posted by ginger23
    Psshhh.... Adam was so not a winner. Personality? He's obviously going to be the insecure type in any relationship that will always be paranoid over whether or not his GF is cheating on him. The entire final dates all he thought about was Jason. Jason this and Jason that. Quit worrying about the other guy and just hope for the best on your own. He's not Jason, and Jason isn't him.. they have to be their own people.

And as for the people who said Jason has no personality... congratulations. You just judged someone COMPLETELY based on what you saw on TV (atleast with the thing I said above, it's clearly there). As I have learned in film class, the director can cut and rearrange shots as they please to make the audience think what they want them to. You didn't see everything that went on. You saw what the director wanted you to see. Adam could have very well made the same "stupid mistakes" (like checkers), but they chose to try and make him look like the audience-favorite. If there were any "mistakes", they would have obviously cut it out. Same thing with Jason. Any good stuff could have been editted and hover over some of his personality traits while heavily focusing on all of his mistakes.
    Numerous people on this forum have noted the possibility that editing could have given the audience an erroneous impression. Please don't insult their intelligence by pointing out the obvious that has already been noted anyway. People have also given him the benefit of the doubt by saying that maybe he's very shy which gives an impression of shallowness or stupidity. And, Melana was the one who brought in the specter of Jason ("there were three of us on this date so it was a bit crowded" to paraphrase some one else). That doesn't make Adam overly insecure nor does it make him a loser.

FORT Newbie
    Everyone seems completely against Jason. I don't understand why. I didn't think any of the guys were particularly attractive...from the average joes to the supposedly great-looking ones, but the personalities of the average joes were disgusting in general. These men were not average; they were well below average. They acted like three year olds and were completely unintelligent (with one or two exceptions). The only one I personally liked (even though he wasn't handsome) was the Indian philosophy professor, but I would have rejected him too when he showed his anger on the golf course.

Adam seemed better than most of the them, but he did bad-mouth the fat Melena a bit. Jason did not; unless the producers edited it. Jason got points for this in my book, and Adam lost points.

If Melena had chosen Adam, we would all be saying she picked him for the money. I also think Adam was trying to use his financial status to win her in the end. I didn't like this either.

I think it is great that she picked Jason. I think she was never attracted to Adam, except she liked his personality. I think she liked Jason's personality plus felt attraction.

I think she made the right decision. I would have picked Jason too.

I like Jason better. Though I thought Adam was a sweetheart in a way.

Adam was sooo much the winner than all the reality TV shows combined!!

Quote Originally Posted by drlaws
    If Melena had chosen Adam, we would all be saying she picked him for the money. I also think Adam was trying to use his financial status to win her in the end. I didn't like this either.

I think it is great that she picked Jason. I think she was never attracted to Adam, except she liked his personality. I think she liked Jason's personality plus felt attraction.

I think she made the right decision. I would have picked Jason too.
    Adam only did the normal things like showing a woman that he wanted a relationship with where he lived and worked and introducing her to his friends including worker's at business establishments that he co-owned. This is a normal way for someone to get to know a person better. It is also normal for a man to buy gifts and really make an effort to win someone that he is attracted to and thinks is wife material. Of course this was not your normal day-to-day situation and there was some embellishment due to the taping of a reality series. I didn't think the gifts at the resort were overboard because Adam was getting a free luxurious vacation. He was just being creative. This was a TV show afterall that was supposed to show some type of imagination and entertain viewers.

I really like pretty men but I would take brains and romance over just a pretty face any day. I also did not think Jason was a hunk or that Adam was unattractive.

Most viewers that liked Adam have the common sense to realize now that Melana was not the right woman for him and he was better off losing her. Melana and Jason deserve each other.

It is very obvious when viewing replays that Melana knew that she was going to pick Jason. She was just playing Adam for ratings. Adam is a smart man and was insecure because he had a gut feeling that Melana
    was more attracted to Jason. So, there were three occasions when he showed his insecurities. But overall he handled himself well even at the most critical time when most reality TV stars lose it during the rejection
    ceremony.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    It is very obvious when viewing replays that Melana knew that she was going to pick Jason. She was just playing Adam for ratings. Adam is a smart man and was insecure because he had a gut feeling that Melana
    was more attracted to Jason. So, there were three occasions when he showed his insecurities. But overall he handled himself well even at the most critical time when most reality TV stars lose it during the rejection
    ceremony.
    I so hate that I got suckered into being addicted to this show! Someone posted that it was painful to watch...and it was. Melana obviously knew from the time the hunks walked in she was going to pick one of them...yet she strung the AJ's along for ratings. I know, I know...this is the whole point of the show...so NBC beats out in the ratings...but it's really cruel.

Cruel or not though...NBC got their wish. I started watching it...became totally addicted to it. I don't even watch reality TV!!

Adam was humiliated on TV...but the end result was that he got positive exposure and he now has a girlfriend. She works in the financial field like he does...so they have a lot in common. Far better match than he and Melana would have been. I'm not sure Jason and Melana were such a great match either though....everything I have read or seen since AJ was on sort of side steps the whole issue of Jason and Melana still dating. I don't think they are.... they just show up together for the publicity things (which was probably part of the contract they signed).

Did anyone see the People Magazine? It had Trista and Ryan on the front...and an article about AJ, Melana and Adam...there is a pic of Adam and his new lady. They look happy.

FORT Newbie
    Well, I'm happy for Adam that he was able to move on. However I will NOT be watching AJ2. I was so disappointed with the ending of this one why would I want be set up for another let down. This show only reenforces that nice guys finish last. Melana had proved that she is shallow. In a link that had an interview with Adam, he stated that after he was told by Melana that he lost, he was on the bus and he looked over at the plane and saw Melana and Jason " laughing it up". Now does that sound like a girl that had done some real soul searching and had to make a gut wrenching decision. I don't think so. Do you think that she would be a little upset or depressed that she kicked a really nice guy to the curb, nope! Therefore, she's shallow! People have mentioned that the show is edited, well of course it is, but body lanuage and the eyes never lie. She was gonna pick one of the pretty boys as soon as they walk through the door. Remember the eyes, when she first saw the average Joes, she looked devastated, when the pretty boys showed up she was darn near drooling. I'm an average guy, and this show isn't worth watching again. If I want to see and Average Joe show, all I have to do is go to a night club and see the show unfold in a matter of 15 mintues. I'm watching hockey!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast