+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is with the HORRIFIC grammar?

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    Don't forget "process".
    chemistry and surreal were the two words used (tongue in cheek) at our Thanksgiving table this year. These reality romance shows need to pick up the pace. Does this type of thing happen on Survivor? I'm not a watcher, but I cannot believe that these catch-phrases are overused on that show as well.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    chemistry and surreal were the two words used (tongue in cheek) at our Thanksgiving table this year. These reality romance shows need to pick up the pace. Does this type of thing happen on Survivor? I'm not a watcher, but I cannot believe that these catch-phrases are overused on that show as well.
    I think all shows have overused words. Survivour has alliance, threat, etc... I think the problem with romance shows is that we know that the romances don't last, so it gets annoying when they say "connection"... Just come out and say I may not be in love, but she is the best of the bunch!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    Just come out and say I may not be in love, but she is the best of the bunch!
    You're too funny today. I wonder if they could come up with a show where they are not aware they are being secretly videotaped like on the episode with Danielle. The only way we're going to know anything is to get a glimpse at these folks as their true selves. Not how they would like us to see them.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by RushVB
    Also, did anyone notice how badly through the whole series she needed a thesaurus? She said "amazing" enough times to make a good drinking game out of it...
    The word I kept hearing coming out of her mouth was "however". Every thing she said was followed up by a long pause and a "however".

BTW I noticed that exact thing about "... and I's date"

FORT Newbie
    Don't forget 'special'. I lost track of how many times I heard Melana say "I think what we have is special'. /yack

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    You're too funny today. I wonder if they could come up with a show where they are not aware they are being secretly videotaped like on the episode with Danielle. The only way we're going to know anything is to get a glimpse at these folks as their true selves. Not how they would like us to see them.
    The producers would still edit it like crazy and it would be the washed out trash that we always watch.... Oh how I long for Paradise Hotel!!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    While watching last night I commented to my husband on a couple of other grammar mistakes Melana and Jason made. I forget what it was, but they did it more than once. We all make mistakes in contemporaneous speech that we don't when we write, but I was thinking that if Jason wants to be a TV weatherman, he needs to work on his grammar.

What did you say, Simon? krstlfethr's Avatar
    Now, now, don't forget "connection"
    "[t]he soul is the effect and instrument of political anatomy: the soul is the prison of the body."
    -Foucault

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    While watching last night I commented to my husband on a couple of other grammar mistakes Melana and Jason made. I forget what it was, but they did it more than once. We all make mistakes in contemporaneous speech that we don't when we write, but I was thinking that if Jason wants to be a TV weatherman, he needs to work on his grammar.
    If you watch the Weather Channel at all, you'll know that all he has to do is read the teleprompter, like Marshall Seese and Jennifer Lopez. And they make a bloody fortune "forecasting" the future.

Nothing wrong with being a weather person in my book; at least it's less geeky than a sports announcer who wears yellow plaid jackets and has comb overs. At least a weather announcer isn't going to bore me to death, talking about their "glory days" in college pro-ball until they blew out their knee.

Besides, I like Storm Stories!

FORT Fogey
    Did I miss something? Did Jason ever speak? Melana and I were so enthralled by his smile, his eyes, his face, I don't think either of us noticed...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast