+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: 12/8 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was watching the finale last night with my girlfriend and when Adam was given a gift during their date, the first thing I said was "And, here is your consolation prize... A picture to remember me by!". Seemed doomed for Adam at that point.

And, without TiVo, I would not have been able to put up with all the drama AJ tried to create with forced pauses. Oh, and I got to fast forward through the suckyface.

Stesmo

FORT Newbie
    I just get tired of people calling Melena shallow... It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If she picks Adam, she's a gold-digger seducing a vulnerable guy; if she picks Jason she's superficial...All in all, isn't the latter the lesser of two evils? Isn't it worse to continue to lead on the guy she doesn't have strong feelings for? I think she showed herself brave and honest.

"Do Be" or not "Do Be"? hanksmyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katiov
    I just get tired of people calling Melena shallow... It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If she picks Adam, she's a gold-digger seducing a vulnerable guy; if she picks Jason she's superficial...All in all, isn't the latter the lesser of two evils? Isn't it worse to continue to lead on the guy she doesn't have strong feelings for? I think she showed herself brave and honest.

Just curious if you still feel this way after seeing her on Leno last night?

FORT Newbie
    Guys why does everybody keep going on and on about how Adam is good looking -- to me, my girlfriend, her friend, and a few other people (women) he looks like a retarded guy from high school who's outgrown his size. It doesn't matter the money level or the fact that he is smarter (or maybe opportunistic?) than many people. But I cringe every time somebody comes and says how amazing he looks.

Also let me tell you from the perspective of somebody who has done it -- 'artificial' chemistry (created over time, and based on very little initial mutual attraction) only leads to frustration. It's much better to start off with somebody you're compatible already...

/Dan

Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    based on the comments Adam made about the obese cousin, what makes you think he is only into her for her personality and it has nothign to do with how marlena looks? if she was in fact obese, would he give her the time of day? i doubt it. i bet he's just as superficial as marlena (if wanting someone you like on the inside and outside is considered superficial). you obviously have to picka person you are attracted to, this is part looks and personality, but looks are an important part of it. no one wants to be with someone they're not attracted to
    yeah, i do agree about having to be attracted to someone, but Adam could have just been trying to fit in. but u never know about these reality shows b/c they choose exactly what they wanna edit & make ppl appear in different lights, then in REAL life. Oh well...show's over, lol, and the second Average Joe looks ridiculously stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Starby
    While it was mostly fun to watch, the whole show was a social demonstration in hypocrisy. The Average Joes complaining that they never get a fair shake because girls can't get past their looks (although quite a few of them had some disturbing personality traits. As Melana would say: Red Flag!) Yet the Average Joes were all impressed by Melana's physical appearance. Would they have fallen all over themselves to win someone who looked like, well let's say Kathy Griffith. She isn't ugly, but she's not as physically impressive as Melana. Remind me, who's judging whose looks?

And when the cute guys are on scene (except for the guy with the long hair wasn't all that cute) everyone assumes that they will be arrogant, and stuck up. Which turned out not to be true.

On to Average Man Ho 2 -- please tell the producers there's a difference between average and downright freakin' ugly. Now, I'm not saying the ugly people shouldn't find love too, but this is turning too cruel. In previews, ya got an Average Man Ho crying 'cause the big bullies are being mean, and it's embarrassing him in front of the other guys and the pretty girl -- is this high school again? Can we keep a row of lockers in the big house, just big enough to shove the short Joe into it? Seems like we got loads of 'special twists' coming our way. Will the testosterone levels give us a few good fist fights to watch? Maybe some good ol' wet towel whipping on someone's skinny lil arse, near the lockers in the living room? Will the pretty girl recover from her initial bout of terrible rage and disappointment? Will all the fat guys be gone by the third show?

Is that a lei in your pocket or are you happy to see me? Oh, it's a lei.

LMFGDAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG that was great... tearing up here..... lollllllllllllll
    Before I became a mother I was such a free spirit. I used to say, 'No man will ever dominate me.' Now I have a 3 year old master.
    ~Sully Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Excellent post! The twist was absolutely horrible. Why call the show Average Joe if he's not going to win? Why bother? Had they not introduced the new guys, this finale could have been much better: Zach vs. Adam.

By 'following her heart' Melana looked incredibly shallow and I don't think that's fair. I doubt that the new girl will be as open to dating an average joe like Melana was. I do give her credit for giving the guys a chance. I think she really cared about both Zach and Adam, especially.

Adam will be just fine. I'd love to see him on another show. When I first heard of AJ2, I thought he might be the bachelor.
    TYVM :santagrin
    Before I became a mother I was such a free spirit. I used to say, 'No man will ever dominate me.' Now I have a 3 year old master.
    ~Sully Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by Quasi23
    There were many posts complaining about the Adam/Rocky analogy and how disapointing it was to see Jason win last night. You all need to rent the movie and watch it again..... ROCKY LOSES THE FIGHT!

He goes the distance, but loses a split decision. As the decision is being read, Rocky is alone in the middle of the ring calling for his girlfriend ("ADRIAN!!!!") unaware of chaos around him. It isn't until the sequel that Rocky wins the title.

Hell I don't remember the first one.. they made like 60 Rocky's for cryin out loud!!! I remember the more recent ones in which he did win, sorry for not being "technically correct".

~Sully Diaz

+ Reply to Thread