+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

While it was mostly fun to watch, the whole show was a social demonstration in hypocrisy. The Average Joes complaining that they never get a fair shake because girls can't get past their looks (although quite a few of them had some disturbing personality traits. As Melana would say: Red Flag!) Yet the Average Joes were all impressed by Melana's physical appearance. Would they have fallen all over themselves to win someone who looked like, well let's say Kathy Griffith. She isn't ugly, but she's not as physically impressive as Melana. Remind me, who's judging whose looks?

And when the cute guys are on scene (except for the guy with the long hair wasn't all that cute) everyone assumes that they will be arrogant, and stuck up. Which turned out not to be true.

On to Average Man Ho 2 -- please tell the producers there's a difference between average and downright freakin' ugly. Now, I'm not saying the ugly people shouldn't find love too, but this is turning too cruel. In previews, ya got an Average Man Ho crying 'cause the big bullies are being mean, and it's embarrassing him in front of the other guys and the pretty girl -- is this high school again? Can we keep a row of lockers in the big house, just big enough to shove the short Joe into it? Seems like we got loads of 'special twists' coming our way. Will the testosterone levels give us a few good fist fights to watch? Maybe some good ol' wet towel whipping on someone's skinny lil arse, near the lockers in the living room? Will the pretty girl recover from her initial bout of terrible rage and disappointment? Will all the fat guys be gone by the third show?

Is that a lei in your pocket or are you happy to see me? Oh, it's a lei.
    I got chills; they're multiplying . . .and I'm losing control, 'cuz the power you're supplying -- it's electrifying!

FORT Newbie
    My husband said the show should be called "Average Ho".
    I agree...

MPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I'd have less of a problem with her choice if she spent half as much time actually TALKING to Jason as she did with Adam. At one point I got really tired of watching her kiss Jason over and over and over again.
    I am glad that I had the show on tape for that reason. Fast Forwarding is a wonderful thing. (And in the case of this show, a requirement.)

Quote Originally Posted by katiov
    Justify? You don't make a romantic decision to be "justified", you make it because it's what your heart leads you to do. Isn't choosing Jason (even for the butterflies his cute face made her feel) not better than picking the rich guy you don't feel attracted to? Now that would be truly shallow.
    Hello..... All Melana ever had to say about Jason was he was gorgeous..... And she said it about 10 times a minute.

That is shallow. That is not picking with your heart. That is picking with your eyes and your loins.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

And everyone's all annoyed about Melena picking based on looks. Why isn't Adam (that everyone was rooting for) held to your same standards... what about his "shallowness" in judging Danielle that he would "f*** to get to the next round"? Jason may not have been much of a conversationalist, but at least he wasn't so blatantly disrespectful to Danielle.
    Um......

Danielle was a humongous, disgusting pig. They invented her to be as repulsive as possible.

She was not average or above average. She was grossly obese.

Furthermore, when guys are hanging out among just guys all they do is talk sh*t. That is what guys do. And the longer they talk, the worse it gets because the RULE is that you have to one up the guy who spoke before you. If you don't know this then you don't know jack squat about guys and the way they act when they think it is just a bunch of guys hanging out goofing off.
    Last edited by Threshold; 12-09-2003 at 04:17 AM.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

FORT Newbie

The last kissing scene

In regards to the debate about the kissing scene in front of the bus, it could have and probablly was edited. That kiss could have been from before Adam even got there. Then they had the great shot of Adam staring off into the window and presto you have the scene. Did anyone notice that when Adam was looking out the window it did not seem like he was watching them kiss. I would not think he could stare that long without some signs of being upset at seeing them kiss. And the editing goes for when Jason was looking out the window, they have him do that before Adam get there. People need to realize that reality shows are soooo edited. I still beleive that most of the time even with the editing people's character is protrayed with some accuracy even while the scenes are edited. Producers can take clips and merge them together. They often use voice overs in scenes. This is perhaps the biggest form of editing because you may only be hearing 1 minute of 1 or 2 hour long conversation the contestant had with producers. There are hours and hours of footage and hours of interviews. If we saw it all, maybe it would be reality, but the facts are they clip together different scenes then clip together different voice clips and you can make a good scene in no time. We NEVER see the full story . People say Jason was nice when talking about the cousin. Again we saw only a few minutes of conversation. What we did see was Jason not being able to look at the fat girl and ignoring the "cousin" completly and just staring at the hot friend. For a girl who eliminated so many guys because of "flags" she saw, she sure choose to miss that red flag. But my point is we can judge to an extent people's personality but not based on specific scenes that are edited to show people in certain ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab

Although, of course, Jason could have said something degrading but it wasn't shown and we'll never know. Melana isn't shallow b/c Adam had the financial stability and she could've chosen him for his money. It wasn't just about looks she was thinking ahead of what could happen if she had a family with Jason. Adam didn't seem family-oriented at all. So yeah I do agree with you, Katiov.
    I clearly remember Melana commenting about how family oriented Adam was. Adam talked about can't wait to be a Little League Coach like his dad was for him. Melana met Adam's friends and co-workers. Where were Jason's family and friends?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

And everyone's all annoyed about Melena picking based on looks. Why isn't Adam (that everyone was rooting for) held to your same standards... what about his "shallowness" in judging Danielle that he would "f*** to get to the next round"? Jason may not have been much of a conversationalist, but at least he wasn't so blatantly disrespectful to Danielle.
    As I remember, if Adam was blatantly disrespectful of Danielle it involved the comments made in the poolhouse. When interviewed by "Danielle" and friend Adam was the only one who seemed to pay attention to both women. Adam tried to shake hands and was rebuffed. Even Jason keyed his conversations to the prettier friend.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Threshold
    No. They specifically said they were flying off that night to the resort.

Any plane shots with sunlight were probably taken later.
    I think what they were referring to was the shot of the plane on the runway during the day, not shots from inside the plane. Who cares when they left...they left!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by SaweetMomma
    I dunno about u but NBC sure f@#$@#@ up with this one...

1. They shouldn't have added the "hot guys" because it deterred the whole reason for the show.

2. They just made Melana look absolutely horrible for having to put her in this position to pick the hot guy over the "Average Joe", as well as themselves. Their ratings r going to blow goats for AG2. I for one won't watch it.

3. Whomever said that Rocky was the underdog and won was right.... them playing the Rocky theme totally spat on the heart of the movie. NBC should stick to ER and Friends and leave the Reality TV Romance shows to ABC with The Bachelor.

I dunno about any of u, but I hope Melana and Jason's jet crashes and Adam gets onto the plane back to NY and meets the woman of his dreams. If not, HEY ADAM, GIVE ABC A CALL!!! I'm sure they'll most CERTAINLY have u on The Bachelor as I'm sure the fan base for him will be most profitable in order for ABC execs to give him a call. God help me I hope it wasn't written into any contract he wrote that he can't do another show on any other network.
    Excellent post! The twist was absolutely horrible. Why call the show Average Joe if he's not going to win? Why bother? Had they not introduced the new guys, this finale could have been much better: Zach vs. Adam.

By 'following her heart' Melana looked incredibly shallow and I don't think that's fair. I doubt that the new girl will be as open to dating an average joe like Melana was. I do give her credit for giving the guys a chance. I think she really cared about both Zach and Adam, especially.

Adam will be just fine. I'd love to see him on another show. When I first heard of AJ2, I thought he might be the bachelor.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread