+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

OH YEAH! soo...Jason is "pretty" in Melana's eyes...she's stated this MANY times...pretty...does she wanna be as PRETTY as Jason? do they want PRETTY little sons that take ballet? i don't understand...why a "pretty" guy? couldn't she have said "hot " or "handsome"? lol...NO PEOPLE! Jason is a PRETTY LITTLE GIRL!!!

based on the comments Adam made about the obese cousin, what makes you think he is only into her for her personality and it has nothign to do with how marlena looks? if she was in fact obese, would he give her the time of day? i doubt it. i bet he's just as superficial as marlena (if wanting someone you like on the inside and outside is considered superficial). you obviously have to picka person you are attracted to, this is part looks and personality, but looks are an important part of it. no one wants to be with someone they're not attracted to

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Did she fall from the top of the cheerleader pyramid one too many times? .....Well, hubby pointed out that she and waiter boy will be content sitting beside each other gazing into their respective pocket mirrors. ...

AverageJane, you are so funny!! I busted up when I read that...made me spit all over my computer (gross, huh?).

Adam is so cute...didn't he exit with class? I am sure his dance card is full back home in NY. I would have picked him because he had all of those friends cheering him on in NY. Having a lot of friends says something about a guy...it's even more important than the money (although a career does not hurt the total package).

I want to fix Adam up with my daughter....sigh

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    based on the comments Adam made about the obese cousin, what makes you think he is only into her for her personality and it has nothign to do with how marlena looks? if she was in fact obese, would he give her the time of day? i doubt it. i bet he's just as superficial as marlena (if wanting someone you like on the inside and outside is considered superficial). you obviously have to picka person you are attracted to, this is part looks and personality, but looks are an important part of it. no one wants to be with someone they're not attracted to
    THANK YOU! Everybody's whining about how "shallow" and "superficial" Melena is... Hello? She chose based on feelings (and, yes, maybe those feelings came from her loin, but feelings nonetheless); that is not shallow at all! "Shallow" would have been to choose Adam for his money, while she wasn't attracted to him physically. You can't MAKE yourself be attracted to someone. It's either there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by katiov
    THANK YOU! Everybody's whining about how "shallow" and "superficial" Melena is... Hello? She chose based on feelings (and, yes, maybe those feelings came from her loin, but feelings nonetheless); that is not shallow at all! "Shallow" would have been to choose Adam for his money, while she wasn't attracted to him physically. You can't MAKE yourself be attracted to someone. It's either there or not.
    No, she picked on looks.

She and Jason did nothing but make out and have some very brief, superficial conversations- mostly about how gorgeous Jason was.

Stop trying to justify it.

Its ok because it is a happy ending. Adam will do sooooooooooo much better.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Well, I want to date them both!! Men do it . . .

Really, Adam has a great personality, funny, sweet . . .
    but Jason is nice too! I always expect good looking guys to be stuck up -- but Jason never seemed to be. He didn't even make fun of the DUFF (and Adam did.) When all is said and done, I probably would have picked Adam, but it was clear that Melana and Jason had a "connection."

Adam made a gracious speech after being told he wasn't chosen and I thought everybody was handling it well -- but it was very, very wrong of the producers to have Jason seated in the plane when Adam came on the scene. (Unless it was just dramatic editing) His pretty little face peeking out of the window . . .

Back when I was in Junior High, if a girl wanted to break up with her boyfriend, you just got your best friend to do it. Maybe Jason should have gone to Adam: "Yeah, my friend thinks you're sweet but she wants to break up, ok?"

And THEN he could have turned and stuck his quivering lips all over Melana's as poor Adam watched from the Loser bus, while Melana narrates, "I'm just all broken up about it." (Kiss, tongue, kiss.)

I have to wonder . . . are Zach, Tareq, John, and all the other average Joe's watching?
    I got chills; they're multiplying . . .and I'm losing control, 'cuz the power you're supplying -- it's electrifying!

Ugh. I have never been so angry with a conclusion to a reality show since Rich Hatch won Survivor 1. I really can't believe that happened. My mouth was wide open and stayed that way.

Jason must mean A LOT to her for her to pick him. The majority of the audience was most likely cheering for Adam, and will view her as shallow.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Threshold
    No, she picked on looks.

She and Jason did nothing but make out and have some very brief, superficial conversations- mostly about how gorgeous Jason was.

Stop trying to justify it.

Its ok because it is a happy ending. Adam will do sooooooooooo much better.
    Justify? You don't make a romantic decision to be "justified", you make it because it's what your heart leads you to do. Isn't choosing Jason (even for the butterflies his cute face made her feel) not better than picking the rich guy you don't feel attracted to? Now that would be truly shallow.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    i am actually glad she picked jason. adam is more into beating the pretty boy. this is evident when he checks out his hair, makes sure he smells nice, starts working out at the very end, in the limo calling it a "championship fight". a fight? a game? Jason is a good guy too, he's sweet AND he's good looking? why can't she have both in one package? people jsut like to root for the underdog... she obviously can't win the whole public. if she picks the millionaire she's a gold digger, if she picks the good lookin guy she's superficial. I can actually see the major chemistry between the two. I actually think its funny that on the show with the fake obese cousin, it turns out that the AVERAGE guys are the ones cracking all the jokes. The average joes are just as superficial as you problaim marlena to be.

jason was saying how at first he was attracted to her, but its just looks, and he's glad he got teh chance to get to know her. yada yada yada. I think she's happy with her decision.
    Adam seemed to face the final decision like he probably faces everything (being a Wall Street Trader)...nothing is over until the stocks close for the day. Keep on fighting with all you have until then. And if you lose that day....there is always tomorrow. I bet Adam will do fine tomorrow.

Melana was damned if she did and damned if she didn't -- there was no good choice for her. Kind of feel sorry for her.

Jason is probably a nice guy. The show didn't really expand much on his personality.

FORT Newbie
    And everyone's all annoyed about Melena picking based on looks. Why isn't Adam (that everyone was rooting for) held to your same standards... what about his "shallowness" in judging Danielle that he would "f*** to get to the next round"? Jason may not have been much of a conversationalist, but at least he wasn't so blatantly disrespectful to Danielle.

+ Reply to Thread