+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No reason to watch the finale

FORT Fan

No reason to watch the finale

Am I the only one who feels that any interest still around for this show ended with Monday's episode? Is anyone actually looking forward to watching a two hour finale with dates to the two guy's hometowns? This is basically the final confirmation that this show has become nothing more than a second rate Bachelor which is for many of us is too boring to watch as well. Many of us watched this show because we were intrigued by the idea that average guys would be featured, now we end up with a rich wall street trader who is above average looking and a model quality guy. I for one will not watch two hours of "You mean so much to me...you are so special to me...blah blah blah" just to find out who a struggling actress picks for a relationship that is as fake as she is.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojado71
    Am I the only one who feels that any interest still around for this show ended with Monday's episode? Is anyone actually looking forward to watching a two hour finale with dates to the two guy's hometowns? This is basically the final confirmation that this show has become nothing more than a second rate Bachelor which is for many of us is too boring to watch as well. Many of us watched this show because we were intrigued by the idea that average guys would be featured, now we end up with a rich wall street trader who is above average looking and a model quality guy. I for one will not watch two hours of "You mean so much to me...you are so special to me...blah blah blah" just to find out who a struggling actress picks for a relationship that is as fake as she is.
    I think home visits are usually interesting to watch, but I was surprised they're doing them on this show. On The Bachelor, the goal of the show is an engagement. The goal of this show as never been made explicit. The relationship Melana has with the final two isn't very strong, IMO. I think she's still at the maybe-we-could-date stage with both of them. And I think both Adam and Jason are at the I'd-like-to-date-Melana-and-see-where-it-goes stage, and that neither would be crushed if they're not chosen.

I dunno - not watching the finale is like turning off the hockey game with the score tied with 3 minutes to go, in midseason. The outcome might not really matter in the grand scheme of things, but if you're rooting for your team, you want to see who wins!

Besides, it will be fun to see Adam's digs and watch Melana react. What else is there to do on Monday night?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I dunno - not watching the finale is like turning off the hockey game with the score tied with 3 minutes to go, in midseason. The outcome might not really matter in the grand scheme of things, but if you're rooting for your team, you want to see who wins!

Besides, it will be fun to see Adam's digs and watch Melana react. What else is there to do on Monday night?

And you made a hockey analogy

Everybody will watch it, we'll be treated to a super-edited finale, they'll break up a week later and all will be wonderful in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Bojado71
    let's just say if i do happen to miss the finale, i won't be mad at myself

FORT Regular
    The most ironic part of the show is that now we are down to 2 guys, neither of which is Average.

Melana gets to choose between Adam, a regular-looking guy who apparently has a lot of money, or Jason, the cute, sexy guy who is a student/waiter. Its no longer a question of will the average guy 'win', but instead its a battle between money and looks!

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    The most ironic part of the show is that now we are down to 2 guys, neither of which is Average.

Melana gets to choose between Adam, a regular-looking guy who apparently has a lot of money, or Jason, the cute, sexy guy who is a student/waiter. Its no longer a question of will the average guy 'win', but instead its a battle between money and looks!

I also thought it was ironic that the producers forgot what the title of the show really means and have strayed so far from the premise of the show given on the premiere night.

Melana has actually ended up with better options and having a better time than the women on The Bachelor 4.

I have actually enjoyed the locations of the homes and dates. Even the window dinner date at the zoo was nice and different.

It will be interesting to see how the Average Joe 2 in Hawaii plays out.
    Since the men were duped it will be interesting to see what type of men answer the second ad and are the final 2. An average joe versus a hunk
    seems to be the intended standard script.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea..everybody is right. I'm not going to watch the end.

no way, nada....zip, zilch....I'll go and watch ummm... hmmm uhhhhh... errrrrrrr...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    What else is there to do on Monday night?
    You've captured reality TV's secret to success in one succinct statement, albeit inadvertently.

I dunno - not watching the finale is like turning off the hockey game with the score tied with 3 minutes to go, in midseason.
    AJ you are so frikkin Canadian!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast