+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will happen after this show's over?

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar

What will happen after this show's over?

Do you actually think Melana and (fill in the blank) will last? What happens after reality "dating" shows end, anyway?

I do think that reality dating shows tend to end in disaster. All the "Bachelors" (with the exception for Andrew) and their "picks" have parted ways since the show ended. The bachelorette is an exception as well, since women have a tendancy to know what they want, (ie. Ryan ) whereas men, tend to be blinded by "superficial" feelings. And... it's only some major TV time, so I think we're all blinded by that as well...
    and I think Melana and Jason won't work in the long run, i'm sure all the "ooh you're soo pretty, oooh you're soo beautiful" will wear off soon
    Melana and Adam, there's a slight chance, if Melshallowana doesn't follow her old ways and fall for another "beautiful" man... (again: )

anyone get my drift

acclyaimed4
    Last edited by acclyaimed4; 12-03-2003 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by velveteenidol
    Do you actually think Melana and (fill in the blank) will last? What happens after reality "dating" shows end, anyway?

I think after this show is over, that there will be another reality t.v. show to watch and the "Average Joe" threads will be archived.

As for Melana lasting in a relationship with someone from the show.... Eh, I doubt it, but they BETTER keep the show entertaining!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

all these broads just need to go on Elimidate...

basically this is what probably happened...

Melena picks Adam (his bank account got him over the hump)

She dates him for a while, in the meanwhile she's sneaking off daily to Jason's mama house for a latenite booty call...

Melena is screaming out "oh Jason!" "your so pretty!" "your so beautiful"

Jason is screaming out "oh Jason!" "your so pretty!" "your so beautiful"

Adam is at his home checking his recent credit card statements looking pissed :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by acclyaimed4
    I do think that reality dating shows tend to end in disaster. All the "Bachelors" (with the exception for Andrew) and their "picks" have parted ways since the show ended. The bachelorette is an exception as well, since women have a tendancy to know what they want, (ie. Ryan ) whereas men, tend to be blinded by "superficial" feelings. And... it's only some major TV time, so I think we're all blinded by that as well...
    and I think Melana and Jason won't work in the long run, i'm sure all the "ooh you're soo pretty, oooh you're soo beautiful" will wear off soon
    Melana and Adam, there's a slight chance, if Melshallowana doesn't follow her old ways and fall for another "beautiful" man... (again: )

anyone get my drift

acclyaimed4
    hummm i tend to think you're right but for discussion sake, i'll be the devil's advocate here..... while you're might be right about andrew (but remember him and the girl (forgot her name) are still in the dating mode only, marriage is still in question) ....i think there is something seriously flawed in trista and ryan's relationship..... just to say briefly that the more i look at the couple on interviews (larry king, the wedding show, oprah) more closely, the more i think ryan is getting "tried" of the relationship... seems he's losing interest in his future wife.... and i can't help but think of the recent news about the 911 firefighter scandal and how that ties in with the relationship with trista and ryan. i think ryan could very well cheat on his "wife" just as those 911 firefighters cheat on their own wifes with the widows.

i think we're looking at failure.

But just to answer your original question. No our bacholerette will not last. Mel will have her 15 minutes like evan and she'll simply fade away.

Melena is screaming out "oh Jason!" "your so pretty!" "your so beautiful"

Jason is screaming out "oh Jason!" "your so pretty!" "your so beautiful"

Adam is at his home checking his recent credit card statements looking pissed
    OMG..that is so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    hummm i tend to think you're right but for discussion sake, i'll be the devil's advocate here..... while you're might be right about andrew (but remember him and the girl (forgot her name) are still in the dating mode only, marriage is still in question) ....i think there is something seriously flawed in trista and ryan's relationship..... just to say briefly that the more i look at the couple on interviews (larry king, the wedding show, oprah) more closely, the more i think ryan is getting "tried" of the relationship... seems he's losing interest in his future wife.... and i can't help but think of the recent news about the 911 firefighter scandal and how that ties in with the relationship with trista and ryan. i think ryan could very well cheat on his "wife" just as those 911 firefighters cheat on their own wifes with the widows.

But just to answer your original question. No our bacholerette will not last. Mel will have her 15 minutes like evan and she'll simply fade away.

I still hope the best for T and R... They're the best!! And I do hope you're wrong about Ryan cheating... I mean, c'mon, Ryan cheating!! The episode last night proved that Ryan wouldn't cheat on his one true love!!

Call me, naive, deillusional or whatever, but i still have big hopes for them!! their , makes me feel

Quote Originally Posted by k1w1

I got the impression that Ryan was fed up with all the exposure and hype, not necessarily fed up with Trista. He just seems irritated with all the cameras, but he still looks like he's in love.

As far as the firefighter thing, I have no idea what happened with the 911 scandal you mentioned, but anyone can cheat, regardless of career choice. Considering half of marriages end in failure across the board, you've got a 50/50 chance of being right about them not lasting whether they were on television or not.

Andrew and Jen (I thought that was her name) seem to be going about things the right way, taking it slowly - and privately. No romance was ever smooth, and again, regardless of whether they appeared on television, a lot of long-term relationships don't end up in marriage.

I don't think whether or not these couples will last has everything to do with these people having to "choose" from a pile of people, but I'm sure the pressure of having to fall in insta-love and do a follow-up publicity tour makes things more difficult than it has to be. My philosophical self says that we (as in the viewers) contribute because we want the happy ending with the pink wedding and I bet the couples get caught up in it too. But in the end, it has more to do with what kind of person you are, what you expect from the relationship and what you're willing to give to it that make more of a difference than the cameras, I think.

Sadly, Malena looks like an incredibly shallow person who isn't ready to commit to any long-term relationship anyway (except for the one with her hair colorist). So the odds of her being in any lasting relationship with anyone from this show were nil from the first episode, no matter who she picked. Malena's so infatuated with herself that I can't see her giving more than 10% to any guy anyway. Pretty Jason might like that, since he looks like he loves himself a lot too. I wonder how they'd divide mirror time though.

Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    I got the impression that Ryan was fed up with all the exposure and hype, not necessarily fed up with Trista. He just seems irritated with all the cameras, but he still looks like he's in love.
    Now I think more about it, you're quite correct. Tho still it's hard to tell if it's really the exposure or trista herself that he's irritated by.... but my guess is because he's willing to go thru with the wedding he's more mad at the cameras than anything. Tho it could be the pressure of not wanting to look bad on national tv by neglecting his own "true" feelings until after the marriage

Adam looked like a man about town on the Hampton party pictures that I saw on the website. You don't become a success on Wall Street by living in a vacuum.

I think Melana will pick Adam. Either way, Adam and his staff of young male employees have been discovered by the general public and will be getting social and business calls.

There are men more handsome than Jason with empty pockets. Some of them actually live in Missouri. Melana doesn't have to travel to California to give Jason an allowance at his mom's house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast