+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Average Joe 12/01 - DUFF, Not Just for Homer Simpson Anymore

I find this show so painful to watch that I now just read the recaps and posts. So thanks for the recap.

When the pretty boys showed up, many said the average guys were sunk. But I thought it was a good sign for Adam, which seems to be the case. So now the question is just whether Mel is the shallow type that wants to save face or national tv or the shallow type that picks looks over personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Threshold
    I told my wife a week ago that Melana did not impress me. Every week she has affirmed that evaluation.

This last week was just atrocious. Her pathetic naive revelation that fat girls get less attention than pretty girls struck me as both idiotic and untimely. How can you be in your mid to late 20s and just be learning this lesson?
    No one really knows until they have been on both sides of the fence what it FEELS like to be attractive and unattractive. Everyone thinks they know what it might feel like. I used to be heavy but I lost weight and I was surprised how differently I was treated after I was "fit". You wouldn't believe how many guys fell over themselves to open a door for me when they never made eye contact with me when I was heavy. It is a different world. You'd be surprised how different it is. Fortunately, my husband of 14 years loved me no matter what size I was.

Honey, how do you think you got to be on not one, but TWO reality tv shows?
    What other reality show was she on?

It is a shame that this excellent idea for a show is ruined by terrible implementation. Once it was down to 8 or so each guy should have gotten at least 1 date on their own.?
    This whole thing where you have to win some competition or perform some fancy parlor trick to stay on the date is just idiotic. The only time I feel bad for Melana is when she has to invent some contrived excuse for why she makes her decision.
    I totally agree! I call "foul"! The original guys should have gotten more one on one time with her. They didn't get time with her for weeks, it seems. No wonder Adam's feelings started to fizzle or he questioned his feelings. I think that the guy who gets picked will realize over time that his feelings were fueled by the games on the show and the testosterone level that was invoked. I don't think we'll be seeing Adam and Melena's wedding on TV any time soon.

"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I as a suspect." Steven Wright
    VA Tech Hokies Rule!

Yeah, I got more attention when I was a size 6. Ah well, time (and pregnancies) has a way of catching up with us.

This morning my friend emailed me a bunch of pictures of celebrities without their makeup, and dayum, would I be hot if I had Goldie Hawn's makeup artist! Be warned, Melana...

and great recap, as usual.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Yeah, I got more attention when I was a size 6. Ah well, time (and pregnancies) has a way of catching up with us.

This morning my friend emailed me a bunch of pictures of celebrities without their makeup, and dayum, would I be hot if I had Goldie Hawn's makeup artist! Be warned, Melana...

You too, AJ?

Give me a couple million bucks to spend on myself, a hairstylist, a plastic surgeon, a dermatologist, unlimited facials, massages and treatments, manicures and pedicures every two days, Louis Licari to add my glowing blonde highlights and touch up my roots every month, some Jimmy Choo boots and a wardrobe from Dolce & Gabbana and I'm a hot mama too. Oh, and don't forget the $120 shampoo, hand-milled French soap, caviar facial treatments and my own personal makeup artist.

Anyone can have movie star looks if you pay the right people, but looking good at 6 in the morning when you roll out of bed to head off to a low-paying job after being up all night with a crying baby and laundry that had to get done is a major achievement!

DUFF

I thought it was all about the beer. Now I am going to have to write the brewery and let them know what their beer stands for. After all these years of being in my own reality show, with Marge and the kids (but for those of you interested, Apu is really in costume), I hereby state that I would not call a woman DUFF.

I would possibly call her other things but I would never compare a women to beer.

hhhmmmmmmm bbeeeeeeerrrr....

Homer

btw, good post Miss Filangi

Homer

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Next Week: Melana selects the winner; the other has to keep dating her
    So true. I like Adam a lot and am hoping he won't get chosen because he can do a whole lot better.

Loved the recap!

I missed the show, but was surprised at Adam's comments in the recap. Nobody is really commenting on that, only Zach's comments. I really liked Adam from what little I have seen on the show, but given Adam and Zach's comments, it seems that being average looking does not necessarily mean a guy has a good heart.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane

Hey, you don't even need extra weight to have the attention of the opposite sex dwindle! You just have to age. I weigh about the same as I did in my 20's, but no cute buffed out sick-pack clad men are knocking themselves over to check me out. Oh well...I guess I shouldn't complain about aging...considering the alternative.

Oh the bright side...age does bring wisdom and grandkids...so it all balances out somehow. KC

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Next Week: Melana selects the winner; the other has to keep dating her
    Best line, right there. The one about the "barroom approach" was good too, but this one is the truest of all.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that a woman as attractive as Melana has such a hard time finding a boyfriend that she has to go on a "reality" TV show to get one. She either has no personality at all or she's just plain pyscho. I've never seen the show so I don't know which it is.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast