+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a big disappointment

FORT Fan

a big disappointment

I have to admit to really liking this show in the beggining and now still do watch it and do like it, but overall feel like this was a potentially great show that got away due to one critical error. That error was in the choice of the female. As soon as I read that she was a former "Meet My Parents" cast member I lost 75% of my interest in this show. It was obvious that this dime a dozen blond was on this show for the sole purpose of furthering her acting career. Of course just about everyone who appears on these shows is an attention grubber, but to have someone who already appeared on a show designed to find her "True love" really makes it difficult to root for her this time since it seems so put on. Aside from her baggage, she was even too dumb to follow the premise of the show and after keeping most of the fat guys past the first elimination, eliminated all of them in one fell swoop. By doing this she not only proved how dense she was, but also dropped the entertainment quotient of the show tenfold since most of the fat guys were also the most interesting.

So this actress wannabe makes believe she is interested in a real relationship, the show becomes more and more formulaic and what could have been a wonderful idea becomes yet another in a long line of forgetable dating shows that are already recycling the talent.

I will absolutely watch AJ 2 in hopes that the producers learned from casting a "Pro" and instead go for a real girl who is not always "on".

I think the point was to have a girl who is always "ON" because these guys could never be in the same room with her in the "real world".

I think you're also right about her being on the show so she can further her acting career...but what's wrong with that? She's still entertaining to me and fun to make fun of. I have grown to love Adam and, dare i say, Zach. I'm rooting for them to get the girl and show the producers that the Average Joe CAN get the girl!

As far as AJ2 goes, I can't wait to see it! I read in the NY Post that the girl is an Artist. I think that this girl might be here more for the "Romantic" aspect rather than the exposure aspect. None the less, AJ2 in Hawaii!!! It's gonna be fun to see all the dudes with their shirts off...vomit!! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojado71
    I have to admit to really liking this show in the beggining and now still do watch it and do like it, but overall feel like this was a potentially great show that got away due to one critical error. That error was in the choice of the female. As soon as I read that she was a former "Meet My Parents" cast member I lost 75% of my interest in this show. It was obvious that this dime a dozen blond was on this show for the sole purpose of furthering her acting career. Of course just about everyone who appears on these shows is an attention grubber, but to have someone who already appeared on a show designed to find her "True love" really makes it difficult to root for her this time since it seems so put on. Aside from her baggage, she was even too dumb to follow the premise of the show and after keeping most of the fat guys past the first elimination, eliminated all of them in one fell swoop. By doing this she not only proved how dense she was, but also dropped the entertainment quotient of the show tenfold since most of the fat guys were also the most interesting.
    Here here!

The "one fell swoop" was also my distaste for her and this show's lack of any intelligent thought.

I am not disappointed, the show is funny and has held my interest, I look forward to Monday nights. If not taken to seriously it is great fun. The Average Joes are grateful for the chance to be on TV and maybe further their 15 min. of fame. So no one is getting hooked up or married. ( I'm dealing with it) It may not be what I expected but, I like it (a lot) and will be watching AJ2. PS: Can someone please tell me how to do paragraphs nothing I try seems to work. thanks

I have to agree with Bojado, this series has turned into a disappointment for me.
    I thought it was rather refreshing to see "average" men on a romance reality show.
    The twists have not been welcome additions to the game for me.

Of course, if Melana were to ultimately pick Adam and start a relationship with him, which I don't think she will, I'm fickle enough to suddenly think the show is great
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I have to agree with Bojado, this series has turned into a disappointment for me.
    I thought it was rather refreshing to see "average" men on a romance reality show.
    The twists have not been welcome additions to the game for me.

Of course, if Melana were to ultimately pick Adam and start a relationship with him, which I don't think she will, I'm fickle enough to suddenly think the show is great

I thought she should have kept Dennis around simply for laughs. Even the pathetic Wally would have been cool to keep around because he makes all the less than successful guys watching the show feel better about themselves simply by comparing themselves to him. Also that huge fat guy who barely fit into the photo booth would have been good to keep if only for his freakshow value. This really could have been a great show instead of the simply good show it has become.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    I might be wrong, but I think the show's producers asked Melana to do this--it's not something she sought out.

Rab
    to Bojado. She's most likely in it for the airtime so people will hire her in commercials and movies or whatnot. In the end Melana doesn't deserve any man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    to Bojado. She's most likely in it for the airtime so people will hire her in commercials and movies or whatnot. In the end Melana doesn't deserve any man.
    you darn right son

I agree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast