+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser (in a kind sort of way)

FORT Fan

Biggest Loser (in a kind sort of way)

I am interested in knowing who each feel is the biggest loser (not meant as nasty) of all the men. By loser I mean least likely to get a girl other than his sister to kiss him. My no brainer choice is Wally who had the light hair and huge sideburns and was eliminated in the first episode. He just strikes me as the type who no woman would ever find attractive other that as a friend. In fact he seems the perfect friend for a guy since he will always be a big boost to the ego when you compare your dating life to his.

If Wally shaved off the sideburns, I think he really would be average and would do fine. My vote is for Joe, Craig or Marc because the extremeness of physical appearance is really hard to get past. Extreme obesity isn't attractive AND it does say something about the person and the way they manage their lives. (Sorry--it does.) Marc--realistically, most women are going to feel big with him, so they won't like that. He might do fine among 5 feet, 100 pound (or smaller) girls.

I think that a bit overweight, as many of the Joes are, is fine. I think that Adam's attitude (eat a bit less pizza, work out a bit) seems rational and indicates that he cares about his physical self. That seems like a great attitude in a mate. But when someone is 100 pounds overweight--something like that--either they have a medical condition explaining it (in which case, no fault--but perhaps go visit the doctor), or their body/health isn't very important to them. And, who wants to be a widow?

to overthetop's comment

People who are severely overweight are also limited when it comes to many physical activities. I have an acquaintance who was obese (she has since had gastric bypass surgery and lost a great deal of weight - she is still overweight but healthy). Just before she had the surgery she told me how embarrassed she was when she was swimming at the lake and she wasn't able to pull herself up on a raft due to her size. In fact, she was often out of breath just climbing the stairs in her own house. I noticed a lot of the dates on AJ are physical. I know the producers set these things up, but it is very possible that Melana enjoys physical activity herself (judging from the shape she is in, it's very likely - God I hate her).

Could you see one of the very overweight guys playing polo? Or even playing basketball? Didn't one of the big guys manage a "cigar lounge" (ick)? You can have the best personality in the world, but there has to be some common ground.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I LOVED Wally! I'm so mad we didn't get to know him better, I thought he was cool!

Hmmmm. On one hand I'd say Dennis, but his exposure now will doubtless get him MANY proposals. I suppose I'd have to go with Joe. I liked him at times, but he didn't have the sweetness of Craig's youth, and was heading towards "big sweaty fat man" territory. Plus, his "ass" comment was really gross, and will earn him no favors now, I'm sure.

yeah i liked wally and dennis s-wish they could have been around more.

i'd have to go with joe-he just seemed like a pig, and i kinda think zach is a loser too even though melana seems to like him.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    My vote is for Joe, Craig or Marc because the extremeness of physical appearance is really hard to get past. Extreme obesity isn't attractive AND it does say something about the person and the way they manage their lives. (Sorry--it does.) Marc--realistically, most women are going to feel big with him, so they won't like that. He might do fine among 5 feet, 100 pound (or smaller) girls.
    Overthetop, I am glad somebody finally spelled out for me the fat-guys-think. Letting yourself get so obese is as bad as, let's say, being a heavy smoker or alcoholic. (I appologize to big people minority, who really have a medical condition which is impossible to manage).

I don't agree on Marc, though. A lot of women have had baldheaded fathers and some women (like me) don't care about whether the guy is small.

FORT Newbie

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    If Wally shaved off the sideburns, I think he really would be average and would do fine. My vote is for Joe, Craig or Marc because the extremeness of physical appearance is really hard to get past. Extreme obesity isn't attractive AND it does say something about the person and the way they manage their lives. (Sorry--it does.) Marc--realistically, most women are going to feel big with him, so they won't like that. He might do fine among 5 feet, 100 pound (or smaller) girls.

I think that a bit overweight, as many of the Joes are, is fine. I think that Adam's attitude (eat a bit less pizza, work out a bit) seems rational and indicates that he cares about his physical self. That seems like a great attitude in a mate. But when someone is 100 pounds overweight--something like that--either they have a medical condition explaining it (in which case, no fault--but perhaps go visit the doctor), or their body/health isn't very important to them. And, who wants to be a widow?

There was an earlier thread about the sour grapes syndrome. And I posted about how I don't date obese men, but that should not make me conceited. I got a little bit of flack for that, but I think I did not explain myself well. But you said exactly what I was trying to convey. It's not about personality, but lifestyle and health issues. Obesity is as life threating as smoking a pack a day. Which by the way I don't date smokers either. Being a little overweight is fine. But I want someone who cares about their life and wants to do everything possible to ensure a long healthy life. While we can't control when we leave this earth or what will happen tommorow, we can control today. Be the best you can be today. And I just don't think a lot of those guys are being the best they can be.

I just wonder how you can call anything "kind" when you are rating the "biggest loser".
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie
    The guy who sang in Hebrew on their first date, and kept on insisting that it was a fabuluous date...he said he could feel the connection he made. Kudos to Melana for not laughing in his face. To make matters worse, he presents her with the lyrics to that song the night he was eliminated.
    I wonder how much of an "act" his dorkiness is. On Queer Eye, you've got contestants pooping up on "The Restaurant", so really folks, how REAL is reality TV?

Biggest loser- Melana (hands down)

Second biggest- a tie between Alex and Zach, one's a crying baby and the other's just an assh*le

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast