+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest Loser (in a kind sort of way)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsmcc
    The guy who sang in Hebrew on their first date, and kept on insisting that it was a fabuluous date...he said he could feel the connection he made. Kudos to Melana for not laughing in his face. To make matters worse, he presents her with the lyrics to that song the night he was eliminated.
    I wonder how much of an "act" his dorkiness is. On Queer Eye, you've got contestants pooping up on "The Restaurant", so really folks, how REAL is reality TV?

Are you sure he sang in Hebrew? You are talking about besides the campfire right? He must of been a worse singer then I thought if he was singing in Hebrew and I didn't catch it oh and I speak Hebrew fluently thats why I am asking

I think it's german not hebrew.... i could be wrong tho.

FORT Newbie
    The guy who sang and the guy who sold Zach out.

FORT Newbie
    Just a quick comment on the "being overweight is the same as being a heavy smoker or an alcoholic". There are a couple of huge difference. First, you can quit drinking or smoking cold turkey. Becoming "not overweight" is a long process. Also, we talk about being addicted to cigarettes, we talk about the disease of alcoholism, but being fat is just a lifestyle choice?

I've known plenty of fat people who ate the exact same amount of food, got the exact same amount of exercise, and still were twice as heavy as people who didn't do anything different. Life isn't fair that way.

Pretty sure John sang in German, since he was in the Vienna Boy's Choir.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman1231
    Just a quick comment on the "being overweight is the same as being a heavy smoker or an alcoholic". There are a couple of huge difference. First, you can quit drinking or smoking cold turkey. Becoming "not overweight" is a long process. Also, we talk about being addicted to cigarettes, we talk about the disease of alcoholism, but being fat is just a lifestyle choice?

I've known plenty of fat people who ate the exact same amount of food, got the exact same amount of exercise, and still were twice as heavy as people who didn't do anything different. Life isn't fair that way.
    Well--you are right that smoking addiction, alcoholism and obesity are medical conditions. I know that I've never thought anything else. I don't think I'd date anyone who was a smoker, a true alcoholic (drinks alone, hides drinking, drinks to excess, etc), or truly obese (again, not just a bit overweight, but someone who is at least say 50% over a healthy body weight). Even if the person's obesity is completely no fault of their own, they will die younger than people whose weight is closer to a healthy weight.

The biggest loser, hands down, is Brad. (Including Zach) Aside from being completely delusional, all he ever did was try to tear down the competition. He didn't have a good sense of humour, was always insincere and focused only on Melana's physical attributes. He was more shallow than Melana ever could be. Not a single redeeming quality about him.

At least with the heavier guys, they had pretty good personalities.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fanatic
    Zach had been at the top of my list for biggest loser until last night and now Melana wins the award for 'most shallow' hands down! She HATED the way she was treated on the street as "fat Danielle" yet wouldn't even return a handshake upon meeting Adam..... how rude!

Although she admits to feeling a "connection" with the guys who have been there a long time, she brushes them away so she can "try out" the hunky new guys. That tells me she truly does NOT feel a 'connection' with any of the guys.

Adam has taken notice and seemingly doesn't like the type of person she is, stating that he doesn't think she's the type of girl he would date outside of this scenario. Good for him! I hope she chooses him and he dumps her.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman1231

Well I agree there are a small percentage of obese people who truely can not loose the weight. But I have to disagree about quitting drinking and smoking. Yes you can quit cold turkey, but it is a life long process to stay off of it. And yes loosing weight is a long process but not impossible. I was never obese but I did loose 60 lbs. It was tough, and I had to change my whole life style, but it worked. When you say you have known plenty of fat people who ate the same and exercise the same as other people, let me ask you were you in their houses 24 hrs a day? I used to be the queen of excuses, eating well when other people were arond, and saying I just can't loose, I try. but when no one was around was when the real eating happened. That was what I needed to cut out to really loose weight. My point is life is not fair, but if you want to not be obese, you can make a plan with your doctor and a dietician, you can excercise extra hard, you can make real life stlye changes and you can loose weight. Sure it's not fair that obese people need to work harder to loose weight then those with not as much weight to loose. But life is not fair in a lot of ways, you can spend your life complaining how it's not fair or accept it and make the most out of what you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12