+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Average Joe" Goes For Round 2

I know there are nice & beautiful woman out there...for Average joe 2 ...

I'd like to see a beautiful burnette woman expecting to get attractive guys but another bunch of average joes and I'd like to actually see someone who's REAL and kind to these guys unlike the current chick...can't even remember her name.

at first i thought they woulnd't have the element of surprise if they did a sequel but obviously this was filmed before this average joe was filmed. i'll probably be watching it-i love looking at thier first reactions!!!

It was filmed before this AJoe was aired (but after it was filmed). Average Joe was originally supposed to air this past summer, but NBC had some decent hits on its hands, and decided to wait for Fall instead. During that time, they must have decided to film another series.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    The exective producer for the show says they have found the most dorky-looking bunch possible, and these guys make the others look like Adonises
    *whining* Seeeeeee, that was already what was wrong THIS time around! The guys weren't average ENOUGH! If you're going to make a show about dorks and nerds, fine, but bill it as such.

I've really enjoyed the show this time around, even though it wasn't all I'd hoped. But seriously, it sounds like it might just be a circus sideshow next time. That's just ....mean. To the guys AND to the girl.

if the current season with Mel and the gang is any indication, we're in for a reeeeeeeeeally bad ride next round!

are they doing the same thing with bringing in hot guys as the twist? they should come up with different ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Rose
    *whining* Seeeeeee, that was already what was wrong THIS time around! The guys weren't average ENOUGH! If you're going to make a show about dorks and nerds, fine, but bill it as such.

I've really enjoyed the show this time around, even though it wasn't all I'd hoped. But seriously, it sounds like it might just be a circus sideshow next time. That's just ....mean. To the guys AND to the girl.
    Yes it's pretty pointless. No confident outgoing person is going to be attracted to someone who is shy, inexperienced and dorky. There is a reason for dorky (and other physical) stereotypes - because they are partly based on the reality of the situation. People's looks are often a reflection of their personality traits. Not height, nose size, eye color, etc. But hairstyle, choice of clothes, physical fitness and many of the other things that go into a person's appearance.

Melana is a perfect example. If she had mousy hair, wore little makeup and had an extra soft 30 lbs on her frame no one would be mistaking her for a beauty queen. Why would or should Melana be attracted to someone who doesn't go out of their way to make themselves physically attractive anymore than an athlete would be attracted to a couch potato or a scholar would be attracted to a high school dropout? It would be odd if Melana did not value a quality in other people that she values so highly in herself.

Anyone want to lay odds the new 'star' is Heidi from Marry My Dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    Anyone want to lay odds the new 'star' is Heidi from Marry My Dad?

Whoa, sounds really plausible to me. Wasn't she acting in some soap opera?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12