+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Average Guys Who Want Beautiful Girls

FORT Fogey

Average Guys Who Want Beautiful Girls

Is anyone else bothered by these guys whining that beautiful women look right past them when a hunk comes along? John was on the TODAY show whining that he can be talking to a beautiful woman in a bar and a hunk walks in and the girl is suddenly looking right through him. What's wrong with these guys that they aren't looking for an "average Jane" and willing to look past her outward appearances? They think they deserve a beautiful woman who is the whole package while admitting that they may not be the most attractive one of the group, but give them a group of women and apparently they all think they deserve the best looking one of the bunch.

Dumb jerks, the reason they can't attract a woman has nothing to do with how they look - but has everything to do with how shallow they truly are!

I didn't see that interview. I can only guess that he was using it as an example of how hunks and beauties attract each other and leave out the average Janes and Joes out. It's just my guess, but I do understand what you mean and you make a good point. I also don't believe there should be a double standard.

k?

You could make a self help book,

Average Guys Who Want Beautiful Girls, and the Average Girls Who Love Them.

When will the average and below average learn they cannot step "out of their League" and not get their feelings hurt (a lot) they will continue to ask the hottest girl at the table to dance and work their way down........ getting more no's because of the second choice sequence. No wonder as the years have gone by more women dance with each other. IMHO and experience. They also will send a drink to the hottie even if she has 5 in front of her. It does make me smile.

the funny thing is, he totally didn't "get" it, but Melana didn't ditch him b/c of his looks. Whether or not the good-looking guys came in anyway, he was the next to go, based on how needy and desperate he came across.

All you have to do is read a single week's worth of ads in the Personal Column to find out that every Average Guy is deemed self-worthy of a Melana!

In Women's ads, it will read, "46 y.o. WDF, looking for Friendship/Companionship/and more? No smoker, occasional drinker. If you are between 40-50 y.o., enjoy cycling, dinners out, movies and can accept two felines, call...."

In Men's Ads: "46 y.o. Divorced Prince of a Man, Looking for his Cinderella. Me: 6', brown eyes, chunky, looking for 20-36 y.o. lady who will light my fire, feed my ego (and dog) and dance the tango til dawn. Photo appreciated."

I call it the Homer Simpson Syndrome, he of Bald Head and GIANT Beer Gut. My best friend, a blonde, size 2 can't walk down the sidewalk without ALL men, of every age and discription try to convince her that HE'S "THE ONE". One guy wouldn't quit hassling her at a bus stop and she turned to him and said, "You're a pig! What makes you think that I'd go out with you?!" He pointed to his crotch and said, "Once you see my crook, you're hooked!"

Vanity, thy name is MALE.

I call it the Homer Simpson Syndrome, he of Bald Head and GIANT Beer Gut. My best friend, a blonde, size 2 can't walk down the sidewalk without ALL men, of every age and discription try to convince her that HE'S "THE ONE". One guy wouldn't quit hassling her at a bus stop and she turned to him and said, "You're a pig! What makes you think that I'd go out with you?!" He pointed to his crotch and said, "Once you see my crook, you're hooked!"

Vanity, thy name is MALE.
    The irony seems to be that a man with little to no self respect or self esteem
    who is always putting himself down or even just self-deprecating would likely be rejected as a wimp just as quickly.

Confidence is almost always attractive in both sexes.

1. I agree that confidence is critical.

2. That 46 yo guy is only getting responses from girls who make no money and are looking for a free ride.

3. I like this show, and it is fun to root for the little/average guy, but it is a totally unrealistic premise. In real life, when a couple has a real disparity in looks, something else is going on--usually, the less attractive one is rich and/or powerful and the better looking one wants to benefit from that. Frankly, if it works for them, so be it. But in the vast majority of coupling, people of about equal attractiveness end up together. There are sociological studies on this.

3. If you were at a holiday party and met Melana and then later she introduced you to her husband Adam, wouldn't you think, "Hmmm . . . that's a bit of a surprise. He got lucky." Consider all of your coupled friends--their spouse/partner/friend is about as good looking as them (give or take). I hope that Melana doesn't pick Adam because I'd bet that he gets dumped after the show.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    1. I agree that confidence is critical.

2. That 46 yo guy is only getting responses from girls who make no money and are looking for a free ride.

3. I like this show, and it is fun to root for the little/average guy, but it is a totally unrealistic premise. In real life, when a couple has a real disparity in looks, something else is going on--usually, the less attractive one is rich and/or powerful and the better looking one wants to benefit from that. Frankly, if it works for them, so be it. But in the vast majority of coupling, people of about equal attractiveness end up together. There are sociological studies on this.

3. If you were at a holiday party and met Melana and then later she introduced you to her husband Adam, wouldn't you think, "Hmmm . . . that's a bit of a surprise. He got lucky." Consider all of your coupled friends--their spouse/partner/friend is about as good looking as them (give or take). I hope that Melana doesn't pick Adam because I'd bet that he gets dumped after the show.

That is a very good point and one that we all know to be true. It is almost like when you have to deny knowing a person's race by hearing thier voice. Any logical person knows this is true but political correctness literally forces us to lie in plain sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojado71
    That is a very good point and one that we all know to be true. It is almost like when you have to deny knowing a person's race by hearing thier voice. Any logical person knows this is true but political correctness literally forces us to lie in plain sight.

Hmmm . . . I get your point, but I don't get how it's an analogy regarding looks. Regarding the phone thing, I think that there are times when you can guess the person's race, and it may even seem obvious, but you might guess wrong. (Ever heard a Rickie Lee Jones song??) Personally, when I've interviewed people over the phone, that sort of thing, I've tried not to speculate about race because it isn't a factor for almost any job and I don't want to look like a complete idiot when I'm wrong.

Was your parallel based on the idea that we see guys with trophy wives but say nothing out of social correctness but it's obvious to anyone looking at the two of them what's going on with that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast