+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Average Guys Who Want Beautiful Girls

I believe I saw a survey, or some such thing, that said men over-rate themselves and women under-rate themselves. It sure is my experience that guys most women would rate a 6 consider themselves more like a 9 or 10. We women are much more critical of ourselves.

I also find it interesting how many of the guys picked up "vibes" that Melana was really interested in them, when there didn't seem to be any such "vibe" apparent to me (could have been edited though). Still, I think guys overestimate their attractive quotient and often read "vibes" where there are none. I noticed this same thing occurring in "For Love or Money" and "Joe Millionaire 2" (or whatever it was called).

FORT Newbie
    All the points made here are so true. With that said. I'm just an average guy looking for an average girl.

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    I believe I saw a survey, or some such thing, that said men over-rate themselves and women under-rate themselves. It sure is my experience that guys most women would rate a 6 consider themselves more like a 9 or 10. We women are much more critical of ourselves.
    I think that's true.

Look at the Bachelor series.
    The women get cut and their question seems to be "what's wrong with me?"
    The men getting cut on The Bachelorette were more like "what's wrong with her?"

I that respect I think it's healthy to overestimate yourself.
    I can't stand that women got so emotional at being dumped by Blob.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think that's true.

Look at the Bachelor series.
    The women get cut and their question seems to be "what's wrong with me?"
    The men getting cut on The Bachelorette were more like "what's wrong with her?"

I that respect I think it's healthy to overestimate yourself.
    I can't stand that women got so emotional at being dumped by Blob.
    But if he says "her loss" after getting cut, we think nothing of it. If she says "his loss" after getting cut, we think she's an egomaniac. What does it say about us?

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    But if he says "her loss" after getting cut, we think nothing of it. If she says "his loss" after getting cut, we think she's an egomaniac. What does it say about us?
    Not all of us. When Brad said it, I thought he was a total idiot. When Zach implied that she was making a mistake last night, I also thought he was an idiot.

I found it pretty telling last night that the two guys cutting down Danielle the most were Adam and Zach. You'd think they'd be more sensitive.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I don't think that Melana is a gold digger. (She's not meeting people worth a lot of money at all.) I think she probably wants personal fame and fortune, regardless if she gets a boyfriend out of the deal.
    After that "Adam may be a millionnaire" preview hint, I revise my opinion. She went weeks without a date with Adam but couldn't let one opportunity with Jason go by. (Even if she really, really likes Adam, she's hardly burning for him.) If she picks him next week, we'll all know why. (ching, ching.)

Quote Originally Posted by arabela
    How about the less atractive, who is really intelligent and can make the partner laugh his/her heart off ? I still believe in that, sentimental me...
    (Don't missunderstand me, I don't think that's the case with any of the guys at A.J.)
    I am one of those less atractive spouses..been married to a beautiful man for 25 years now. It is so funny to see other women size me up and you can just see the thought bubble above their heads saying '" how did SHE get HIM?" Just so happens that not all pretty people think they are so pretty. Some ACTUALLY do love you for who you are inside. And, we make beautiful children too!

FORT Regular
    Average looking guys look decent by society's standards because male beauty is so hard to define and there is no one ideal. Older guys like Harrison Ford or 41 year old Tom Cruise look good or even young. But all women are judged by how thin and young they look. Women look for different things especially when they're young and hot and not jaded and golddigging, personality, looks, intelligence, sense of humor, even common interests or taste in music. All men look for beautiful young women and women look for rich men, that's always been true in every society around the world that has ever existed. It's no coincidence that Hayley ended up with the one millionnaire out of 25+ on Mr. Personality or Melana will probably end up with millionnaire Adam, just because they didn't show them talking about his job on the air doesn't mean it never happened. So the real average guys are the ones who aren't millionnaires. Average looking size 14+ women who are 5'3" just aren't up to the same level as even an average looking guy. Maybe it's the media's fault, probably not, but there are more decent looking men than acceptable looking women, a lot more. Men will always look for beauty that is way too rare and have zero choice in the matter.

The advantage for women is they can be happy with a wide range of guys, they haven't been programmed by the media to be hyperselective for male beauty. Beautiful women can get whatever they want, and even decent looking women can get laid whenever they want. The advantage for men is they can look good for more than 20 years and date well into middle age or old age if they're rich enough. The big disadvantage for both men and women is that there are very few truly beautiful women out there. I mean come on, 5'3 and a size 14 or fatter is average?? The beauty ideal will continue to evolve further away from fat with birthing hips when people were trying to keep from starving to death in the first few million years of human existence, to thin 16-18 year old girls who look like they'll live forever and the last thing on their minds is having kids. We now know thinner people/rats/worms who eat 50% less live 50% longer, it's really not that difficult to eat in moderation, in fact it's easy and saves time and money and health. So for people of America and developed nations and especially women, let's stop killing ourselves and our looks by shoveling food into our faces and do what's in ALL our best interests.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    Begs the question, why are they doing this show in the first place?
    They were duped. Read the article at RealityNewsOnline, the interview with Adam.

He didn't sign up to do a dating show; he responded to a casting call for a show that supposedly would be about reliving his fraternity years. Think - by the time you find out that you're a contestant, would you back out on national tv?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123