+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Miss Match" on 12/15 will guest-star Tareq Kabir

"Miss Match" on 12/15 will guest-star Tareq Kabir

A SPECIAL MONDAY EDITION OF 'MISS MATCH' GIVES 'AVERAGE JOE' TAREQ KABIR A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE

NBC Presents a Special Edition of “Miss Match” Monday, December 15 at 10:00 pm ET

BURBANK, Calif. -- November 25, 2003 -- Although he didn’t get the girl on NBC’s hit reality series “Average Joe,” Tareq Kabir is getting a second chance at love when he makes television acting debut in a special edition of NBC’s new dramedy “Miss Match” on Monday, December 15 at 10:00 p.m.(ET/PT). Kabir will portray Sanjay, a doctor from a traditional Indian family who is betrothed to a young lady with slightly more modern beliefs.

While audiences know him best as the eccentric twenty-one year old college professor from the hit reality series “Average Joe,” Kabir is also a thespian. In addition to his Ph. D. in Computer Science, Tareq also earned a B.A. in Theater from City University in New York and over the last twelve years has performed in several theater productions including “The Tempest” at the Gramercy West Theater and “Godspell” and “Guys and Dolls” for the Zrada Reparatory. Additionally, he has appeared in a collection of independent films including “Final Countdown” for BBC Outreach, “The Pugalist” and “Two by Two.”

“The offer to appear on ‘Miss Match’ was an unexpected but wonderful surprise,” said Tareq of making his television acting debut on NBC. “It may be my chance to even the score, or perhaps I will succumb to a missed match and face the indignity of an 0-2 record on prime time television . . . either way, it should be a most interesting experience."

In the episode, titled “Who’s Sari Now?,” Kate Fox (Alicia Silverstone) is hired by Rashmi (guest star Sunita Param), a young Indian woman, to find her a viable suitor so that she can avoid having to marry Sanjay (Kabir), the man to whom she has been promised to by her parents since the age of six. Kate makes a valiant effort despite the interference of the overbearing Indian matchmaker and the challenge that any suitor must be deemed astrologically compatible, but Rashmi ultimately resigns herself to the arrangement. However, on their wedding day, the perfect candidate presents himself and Kate can’t help but intervene. Meanwhile, Kate and Nick (James Roday) begin the divorce proceedings for Lauren (guest star Dina Meyer), Michael’s (David Conrad) ex, only to be blind sided in court with evidence that Lauren’s unrequited feelings for Michael may have been behind the break-up.

“Miss Match” stars Alicia Silverstone (“Love’s Labor Lost,” “Clueless”) as Kate Fox, a divorce attorney in her father’s law firm who has a knack for matchmaking, which she considers nothing more than a hobby until word of her talent spreads to the press. Soon, to the dismay of her father, Jerrold (Ryan O’Neal, “Malibu’s Most Wanted”) and her reluctant legal partner, Nick (James Roday, “Rolling Kansas”), Kate is juggling the conflicting worlds of divorce and true love. With her best friend Victoria (Lake Bell, NBC’s “War Stories”) at her side, Kate is determined to bring a little romance into the world, perhaps finding her own true love in the process. Rounding out the cast are David Conrad (“Men of Honor”), as Michael, a potential client and or love interest for Kate and Jodi Long (“Celebrity”), starring as meddling office receptionist Claire.

“Miss Match” is produced by 20th Television with Imagine Entertainment and Darren Star Productions. Brian Grazer (“24”) and David Nevins (“Double Deception”) also serve as executive producers.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “The offer to appear on ‘Miss Match’ was an unexpected but wonderful surprise,” said Tareq of making his television acting debut on NBC. “It may be my chance to even the score, or perhaps I will succumb to a missed match and face the indignity of an 0-2 record on prime time television . . . either way, it should be a most interesting experience."
    Ok...this clinches it. Tareq is a funny guy! I enjoy Miss Match, it is great Friday tv-fluff that doesn't require any thinking!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Article about Tariq/Dennis:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...3_004044.shtml

Pic of Dennis the actor? :

That's great news. I'm happy for Tareq.

Dennis looks pretty good when he's all styled up.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Wouldn't be surprised to Kabir in Bend it Like Beckham 2 ..his resume grows rapidly and doubts about his age come to mind....21 and having six months to make a movie for the BBC....but he was the best actor of the bunch of the great pretenders...

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    The web site link didn't mention it...but was that from his role on the Discovery Chanel as the Alphabet Killer....he has a period look to him

Hurray for Tareq! I don't know why anybody who watches reality shows is surprised when a contestant or two is noticed by the media and given more than their 15 minutes of fame. In comparison to the humiliation that they suffer from the Simon's, Melana's, Tribesmen...or the WORST judges and critics...The Message Boards...if they get a chance to shine a little longer, I give a big TWO thumbs up!

I know that quite a lot has been said about the 'actors' on this seasons AJ, especially the ones that didn't list acting as their vocation. But, I feel less duped and led by the nose by Tareq and Dennis than by several of the other men that stayed longer on the series.

My teen daughters like Miss Match; I'll have to join them that Monday for Tareq.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Tareq reminds me so much of Fisher Stevens' character, Ben, in Short Curcuit. I'll be expecting him to say...

"Did she steek her toong down yourr troat?"
    "Ooh, herr pants are blazing forr you!"
    "I enjoyed repeatedly trowing you to the grround."
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

It is kind of funny that he turns out to be the guy that the girl doesn't want. I wonder if they will go the route of making him a total jerk, or just have the girl be against it simply because its arranged.

I'm a huge fan of comptempory Indian movies and traditionally, despite twists, turns and false starts, the "Suitable Boy"...Surprise!!! almost always turns out to be the one that was arranged, a zillion years ago.

I think that for a society so steeped in tradition, the very fact that the girl or guy can even question parents and match makers on not going through with the marriage is 'spicy' enough for the usual audience.

Look at Bend It Like Beckham; the marriage of the older sister was called off, because, alledgedly, the younger daughter was seen 'kissing' a white boy.

Turned out to be a white "girl", so the wedding went on, as planned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast