+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never judge a book by it's cover

Never judge a book by it's cover

I thought that model (the christian guy) who also went off about his ex-girlfriend seemed like a genuinley good guy...we saw a lot of the unattractive people at the beginning of the show also act like the worst people in the world...if it's not obvious already to everyone looks are a bonus feature and ugly,fat,goodlooking whatever you can never judge a persons real character by the way they look...

I do think many attractive people are almost automatically judged as people who are snobby, snottish and conceided ....

Sherman
    That is a valid point. Although, I did not find him attractive, I did like his personality but, didn't care for that girlfriend story. It worked against him. (I think if he had short hair, it would give his face a different look).

I don't care what else he's got going for him... once he told Melana that he sat outside his girlfriend's house for 6 hours, she was thinking (perhaps rightfully so) "STALKER!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    I don't care what else he's got going for him... once he told Melana that he sat outside his girlfriend's house for 6 hours, she was thinking (perhaps rightfully so) "STALKER!!!!"
    That's the first thing that came to my mind.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I don't know; when I heard him talk about a former girlfriend cheating on him, one of the 'Chosen' because he has good looks, my first thought was, "So, you are an Average Joe, after all![/i]

When there are TV programs out there that send camera crews after Cheatin' Hearts, and you see the inevitable confrontation between Spurned and Spurnee, at least this guy was willing to find out for himself if his suspicions were true or not. I give him credit for that; the fact that it was 6 hours and not one only emphasises the fact that his 'sick' girlfriend was obviously using an alternative form of healing to get better.

I think that it took a great deal of courageous on his part to tell Melana that a woman could cheat on a hunk, and also that it was confirmed by his own actions. I saw nothing 'stalker' about it.

I thought he was suffering from a big case of vanity. He kept saying how he doesn't liked to be judged by his looks. Yet, most people on here would agree he's kinda skeezy. Took a lot of cajones to keep saying how pretty people think he is.

I agree with lambikins, but only to a certain point. First dates have a sort of unspoken etiquette. No matter how much you want to show yourself, prove yourself, etc., you need to know where to draw the line. I think him telling Melana about his ex-girlfriend cheating was humbling, but he should have left out how long he waited for her. He gave too much and hopefully he can keep the reins on his mouth on his future dates (and hope they didn't watch the show!)
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

It is odd that someone would casually reveal so much negative information to a complete stranger on national television. I doubt that he would be much fun to have around on a daily basis. I found his looks and smarts lacking in many areas. I also did not think his body was all that great. Sure he had some muscles but his legs were covered in large veins. He did not look like a model at all to me. I also wondered why if these guys were brought in as the "pretty boys" were they unshaven. The producers have gone overboard with the rumpled unshaven look.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Maybe he wanted to embarrass the ex on national television by revealing all of that. lol
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwin
    I thought that model (the christian guy) who also went off about his ex-girlfriend seemed like a genuinley good guy...

I do think many attractive people are almost automatically judged as people who are snobby, snottish and conceided ....

I think she rejected him for the evidence of his obsessive personality (sitting outside the girlfriend's place for 6 hrs) and bad judge of character (dating a girl with a drug problem--wasn't she also a felon? can't remember), not because she presumed him to be snobby or conceited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast