+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Melana's Cousin

Exactly. If it confused us, it will mystify them.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Could the web cams they have set-up be the reason? Maybe they don't get close enough to her to touch or get a good view. What about the voice?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Seriously... BEFORE we saw the "big cousin" ripping her face off, I KNEW that she wasn't truly that big. I'm sitting in my lazygirl even, watching a t.v... if these guys don't catch a clue, and fall for this.....I'm going to frickin' laugh my ass off.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Well, if they've been told it's Melana's cousin, that will explain to them the resemblance the "fat" girl bears to Melana....and do we really think these are guys who take good, hard looks at "unattractive" girls in the first place? I suspect they'll get a general impression of a "fat" girl and write her off....
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Well, if they've been told it's Melana's cousin, that will explain to them the resemblance the "fat" girl bears to Melana....and do we really think these are guys who take good, hard looks at "unattractive" girls in the first place? I suspect they'll get a general impression of a "fat" girl and write her off....
    I couldn't agree more. The second that their brain registered 'fat', they stopped seeing her, like Adam kept complaining that he felt invisible once the AboveAverage Joes came into the pool.

It really does show you that beauty, to most guys, is skin deep.

Yeah, the reason they wouldn't 'see' her is the same reason this show would have even less chance of working if the genders were reversed. Average Joes have a better chance in the world than the Average Janes.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

What's the cousin there for? Is she going to ask them questions? Is she going to ask them out for a date and try to kiss them.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Yeah, the reason they wouldn't 'see' her is the same reason this show would have even less chance of working if the genders were reversed. Average Joes have a better chance in the world than the Average Janes.

*Sigh* Sad but true.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Seriously... BEFORE we saw the "big cousin" ripping her face off, I KNEW that she wasn't truly that big. I'm sitting in my lazygirl even, watching a t.v... if these guys don't catch a clue, and fall for this.....I'm going to frickin' laugh my ass off.
    lazygirl? You so funny Maveno!
    I agree with you and others, it was so obvious that it is someone in a fat suit. In another thread, Krom called her "Fat-lena". I think that is how we should refer to "Melana's Cousin" from now on!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I think they did a double exposure side by side thing so we would absolutley get...heck they had no confidence they said so on their web site too...that Mel and the cousin are the same person....I have to agree with Star....these guys are on the whole just dumb enough to fall for it....though she said she said she was attracted to a couple of guys intellect they are long gone....I don't think she really likes bright guys.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast