+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sour grapes syndrome

Sour grapes syndrome

What cracked me up royally was when the rejected "Joe's" took on the sour grapes attitude. Some of them were grumbling that Melena made a big mistake by letting them go and how she really doesn't prefer personality to looks (big surprise there, eh?).
    But, realistically (as realistic as this show is) did some of those jokers actually think they had a snowball's chance in hell with Melena??????
    Good Lord, even I would reject 3/4th's of those guys!!!!!

Well, there you have it, folks. I guess when you are new to the forum nobody replies. Too bad, so sad. Your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by JiffyBear
    Well, there you have it, folks. I guess when you are new to the forum nobody replies. Too bad, so sad. Your loss.
    JiffyBear

Thank you, Noreen!

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyBear
    Yes they/we do. It's just that your thread was started on a Friday night. So most members of the FORT probably haven't seen it yet.

From one relative FORT newbie to another....

Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    Yes they/we do. It's just that your thread was started on a Friday night. So most members of the FORT probably haven't seen it yet.

From one relative FORT newbie to another....
    That's no excuse. They should have stayed home to read my post.

Just kidding. Hey, thanks for the nice welcomes, people! You all seem like a nice bunch!

FORT Newbie

This will probablly make some people mad...

I agree totally with you. Some of the guys it was just too obvious they had no chance. I thought it was funny how she kept the larger guys the first cut, but the second cut they were all gone. Wonder if the producers had something to do with that, hmm... But my point that I think might upset some people is that I knew none of the really large guys would make it. Not that they are not great guys. I weigh 120 lbs. I have been out with lots of Average Joe's, in fact I have never had a serious relationship with anyone that would not be considered an average joe. I have never even gone out though with an obese person. Once again this is nothing against obese people, but I am just have not met anyone that was obese that I was attracted to. But really more then that I feel like it would be a clash of lifestyles. I eat very healthy and try to stay very fit. I have gone out with larger guys, but they could keep up with me on my daily walks and did not mind eating a salad at lunch. I just can not see myself with a 350 lb man. Does that make me conceited I don't think so. I think it is just reality. There is someone out there for everyone. I don't look down on Melena for booting some of the guys. I think them complaining that she is just into looks is sour grapes on their part. Be happy with who you are, and accept that some people may not like you. Some people don't like me, do I give a damn? No, I will not waste my time worrying what anyone else but myself thinks about me. I love me and I am sure one day I will find someone who thinks the same. And you know what if I don't I'd be happy tp spend the rest of my life with just me. I'm tired of people confusing pride, self esteem and self respect with being conceited!! Ok I'm done with another rant

Some girls actually prefer "too big" guys over "too small" ones, and there was the possibility that Melana would, what with all the football players she's used to being around.

me!me!me!

and if you found a big guy with a winning personality there is no reason that you can't still have your salad while he has his cheeseburger and fries.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    me!me!me!

and if you found a big guy with a winning personality there is no reason that you can't still have your salad while he has his cheeseburger and fries.
    Hell yeah .... one of the greatest guys I ever dated probably weighed at least 150 pounds more than I do. And the funny thing was, we'd go out to eat and he'd always order fish ... and I'm a red meat eater. His size never stopped us from doing things and his personality, intelligence and wit made him cuter in my eyes than a lot of the good looking men I dated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast