+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sour grapes syndrome

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar

In real life...

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    It's also possible the heavier guys had rotten attitudes about their weight and it was the attitude she didn't care for..
    In real life...a lot of people who are overweight lack self confidence. People who look like Melana have been approached by men with a lot of self confidence her entire life. So, she is more accustomed to self confident men...and thusly more comfortable and can relate better them. This would explain why the two AJ's she has kept in the running are Zach (his self confidence may be annoying...but the guy loves himself, lets face it) and Adam (who is very witty and probably rich...money would bring self confidence). Anyway, that's my two cents. The New Joes are probably dripping with self-confidence...so if she picks one of them - it doesn't make her shallow. She is in a tough spot though...even though this is only TV, she has to live her life after the season ends. If she picks a New Joe...she gets labelled as shallow. Limits her freedom of choice somewhat. My guess is she might pick an AJ....and get the gorgeous hunks phone number for later use. KC

I just want to point out - everyone is trashing Zack, (with good reason IMO) - Zack acts entirely different when he is with Melana. I believe one or two of the other Joes have also mentioned this, and somebody MUST have said it somewhere on these boards. We've seen him as a total jerk but Melana really hasn't. Her choosing Zack is not shallow - more shallow is her keeping that dopey curly-haired guy. She didn't seem too enamoured of his personality when she spoke with him in the pool. If she was so concerned with giving guys a "chance" before she dumped them she would've kept Dennis S., the guy from the first show she never even spoke to.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I agree with you Jane. I cannot stand Zach, but he really is much different around her. I'm hoping that this cousin thing will expose him.

Unfortunately, Zach is typical of most guys. They act one way around you and another way around everyone else.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I just want to point out - everyone is trashing Zack, (with good reason IMO) - Zack acts entirely different when he is with Melana. I believe one or two of the other Joes have also mentioned this, and somebody MUST have said it somewhere on these boards. We've seen him as a total jerk but Melana really hasn't.
    True. But she does seem to be getting an inkling of Zach's inner asshole; she keeps asking the other guys if Zach's really untrustworthy; they keep telling her yes, yet she keeps ignoring them...
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    True. But she does seem to be getting an inkling of Zach's inner asshole; she keeps asking the other guys if Zach's really untrustworthy; they keep telling her yes, yet she keeps ignoring them...
    Yes, but remember, we are G.O.D.S. on this reality show and get to see all, know all, hear all that Melana doesn't. So, when we see eggs smashed on heads and his Nerd chant on the bus, she has not seen any of this.

Think it doesn't happen in real life? I was married to a Zach for 12 years; it was only the 11th year, that his inability to hide his Assitude made it apparent to me what he had become.

BECOME!!!??? My life long friends screamed! After the divorce, they told me things that went back to Zach and my dating days, which had I known, like Melana, I probably would have never ended up marrying him. When I confronted friend after friend, male and female, and asked them just WHY they didn't say anything to me, their response was, "Cause he was always different when he was with you. We thought that you'd change him." So, I don't know if my Ex-Ass faked it for 11 years until he was ready to pop or he got tired of not being an ass full time.

Funniest line that one of my male friends said in trying to describe what it was like meeting John, my ex, " When you first met him, you knew that there was something off like a bad smell---feet, farts, old fish---but, John was too good with the Air Freshner and sprayed it in front of himself when he saw your doubt. After that, you couldn't remember if you had imagined his defects or not; all you could detect was 'cover-up' ".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Exacto that's why I think Mel wouldn't get any sympathies from me personally for being so stupid and ignorant.

FORT Newbie
    Yes but no matter the personality I would never marry someone I don't like looking at every day! So what if people think I am shallow, it's what a person can live with that matters.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I agree with you Jane. I cannot stand Zach, but he really is much different around her. I'm hoping that this cousin thing will expose him.

Unfortunately, Zach is typical of most guys. They act one way around you and another way around everyone else.
    From earlier in the series, it is obvious that Zach is playing the game. He pretty much admitted that Melana is not his type. It has become a 'macho' thing for him. He's there, playing the game because he wants to win, not because he wants the girl....or at lest not this particular girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritman
    Yes but no matter the personality I would never marry someone I don't like looking at every day! So what if people think I am shallow, it's what a person can live with that matters.
    Then the show should never have been made in the first place.... the moment those original pool of average joes arrived from the bus to greet Melana, she should just say.... ok that's it, cancel the show, i'm done!

Don't let on these poor folks when she knows darn well what the outcome's going to be. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritman
    You sound quite young, which is a good thing, so don't take it the wrong way.

One of the wonderful things you'll find about being in love is that it makes all those little flaws you might have noticed just melt away. Fall in love with the right person, and 20 extra pounds, brown eyes instead of blonde or tighty whiteys with skids instead of fishnet G-strings just don't matter as much.

I agree that we have a natural instinct to mate with who we think is attractive (one of those survival of the fittest things where the most attractive is considered the best at procreation and protection), which makes it damn hard to fall in love with anyone you're not immediately attracted to. But I think there still are times when you can find yourself suddenly head over heels in love with someone you wouldn't have given the time of day to.

My long rambling point is that you're in no danger of marrying someone you can't look at, because if you loved them, you'd want to look at them no matter what. So unless you're marrying for reasons other than love...of course you're going to be attracted to whom you spend your life with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast