+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alex

When we're watching the Bachelor, and a girl sobs after being eliminated on the first date - we rip her to shreds.
    I ripped him to shreds when I saw that. It's ridiculous, whether you're a man or a woman.

He totally creeped me out. I don't mind religion in someone's life at all, but like Christine said- it was excessive.

Glad she got rid of him (I thought she would anyway).

FORT Fan
    I was reading People magazine today (12-1-03) and they had an interesting "blurb" about Alex. They describe him as "an old fashioned kind of guy who refers to his mother as "my angel." "Sabatini, who had his first kiss at 19 and lost his virginity two days before turning 23 likes women who are just as traditional." "I won't go out with a woman who makes the first move," he says. "Special love: His six-year-old daughter (he's never been married)."

This surprises me for several reasons. First, I think the rule on The Bachelor is that the contestants could not be parents. Apparently the rule is different on Average Joe... Second, although I'm not saying there's something wrong with fathering a child without marrying the mother, it doesn't strike me as being very "traditional." I guess he likes traditional women without being totally "traditional" himself. Or maybe the woman didn't want to get married -- who knows. Also, he didn't seem to ever mention his daughter to Melana. That would seem like a huge factor in the overall decision-making process. I do remember though when my friend was a single Mom, she used to wait until the time was "right" until mentioning to a new guy that she has 2 kids.

I was also a bit surprised that no-one appears to have brought up this topic on this board yet.

Lynne

Lynne! Welcome to the FORT and the AJ forum. I don't know about anyone else, but the first time I heard about Alex being a father was in another thread only moments ago. So maybe there is the answer to your last question!

As far as his whole "traditional" comments, I totally see your point. First off, sounds like Alex may be a bit of a hipocrit. I want my woman to be "traditional"...oh, and by the way, I had a child out of wedlock. I believe there is nothing wrong with having a child out of wedlock. Each person is different and there are numerous circumstances that would end in this result. But for him to go on and on about his ideal woman being "tradional" is a bit hipocritcal to me.

Really not sure about the rules with contestants being parents on AJ, it obviously wasn't a factor! But man, if Melana had kept him, I am sure that that little fact would have been quite a doozie for him to drop on her!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

I would not be happy if I were Melana and he didn't tell me before I made my decision.
    "That's Numberwang!"

oh yeah i dont think she would have liked the having a kid part-but who knows. i've only dated one person who has kids so far-and he told me on the night we met that he had kids-i prefer them being honest in the beginning rather than waiting and telling u later.

And, according to John on the Today Show, Alex was crying about his love for his daughter and it was edited to appear that he was crying about Melana.

That's very sneaky, yet oh so typical.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I find it strange that he wasn't questioned on his stalking habits!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123