+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Jason

Quote Originally Posted by arabela
    2 !). He reminds me of some men I know, that are quiet, dependable and get things done. I don't know if he is really that way, but has that vibe for me.
    I would never describe a man with out a stable career, permanent home, or completed education goals that is almost 30 dependable. His track record indicates that he is very non-reliable and not even the norm for the Average Joe. But hey, even Jason deserves two fans. The vacant look that says nobody is home may appeal to some people.

I happen to enjoy a cocky, confident, ambitious man with wit. If he occasionally wavers, I enjoy putting the wind back in his sails.
    Last edited by sugarlady; 12-12-2003 at 09:24 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I would never describe a man with out a stable career, permanent home, or completed education goals that is almost 30 dependable. His track record indicates that he is very non-reliable and not even the norm for the Average Joe. But hey, even Jason deserves two fans. The vacant look that says nobody is home may appeal to some people.

I happen to enjoy a cocky, confident, ambitious man with wit. If he occasionally wavers, I enjoy putting the wind back in his sails.
    It's just me and my background. I am the same age as Jason and also have not my education goal complete. OK, I am trying to get my PHD, so it's different. I don't know what exactly Jason studies are and his track record. Probably I should check it up, once I decided to defend him ;o). I have some good friends with "delayed" education, for various reasons, and they are OK. Living with parents at that age is also not a problem in my country, so I can't relate to that fuss about it. To me it is more a "conservation of resources". I also live with my mother, when I am back home. And, as my fave Jason says, I recommend it ;o).

FORT Newbie
    ...I must admit though, I am dissapointed to hear that Jason has a bad grammar. If I were a native English speaker, it would probably turn me off like the rest of you.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    I think Jason is probably a decent guy. He seems to be a bit shy -- which can make him seem less intelligent or interesting than he really is. The problem is that NBC chose not to show any personality Jason might have on AJ. Then we all watch the interviews hoping to get an answer to "what made him better than Adam?" (because NBC AJ did not show us ANY reason). During the interviews - not only is Jason a bit quiet...but even when he does try to say something, Melana outshines him with her chatty personality. Poor Jason doesn't have a chance...NBC chose to portray him as a pretty-boy nitwit and Melana isn't sensitive enough to let him have the lime light in post-show interviews.

I'm sure he is a good guy. Adam would have been my choice...but I was not doing the choosing. As for Jason being a live-with-parents student at 27 -- I don't see that as a problem at all. I live in Orange County, CA (where Irvine is located)...a lot of CA kids from this area are still getting their education at 27. From what I saw of Jason's parent's home...my guess is that they are a well off couple. They can afford to let Jason live at home...he probably took a little down-time after high school to figure out what he wanted to do with his life. CA is pretty laid back and unless you have a goal to become a doctor or something...it wouldn't be uncommon to take a few years off to enjoy the beach before beginning college.

But I still would have picked Adam =o) Not that Jason is bad...I just liked Adam's sense of humor....and heck...I am totally shallow. I would have let the millions of dollars influence my choice

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Then we all watch the interviews hoping to get an answer to "what made him better than Adam?" (because NBC AJ did not show us ANY reason).
    We are trying to determine if Melana truly was shallow enough to pick Jason soley on physical appearance. Jason has not shown any depth or proven us wrong to think that Melana is truly shallow and dense.

Several people have compared Jason to Ryan which is very unfair to Ryan. Jason is not half the man that Ryan is.

FORT Newbie
    Jason is a tool. Enough said!

FORT Fanatic

Average Hunk's Post-TV Life

by Daniel R. Coleridge with Craig Tomashoff

Fans of NBC's first installment of Average Joe knew Jason Peoples as the handsome, occasionally employed student who lived with his parents and still managed to win Melana Scantlin's heart. "I'm disappointed it didn't work out," he says. "At the same time, it's cool we met the way we did. I wanted more. I think we both did."

Peoples is currently dating a woman he had met before going on Average Joe. Was that an obstacle for him and Scantlin? "My girlfriend now wasn't in the picture," he insists. "We started dating after I did the show."

No doubt his main squeeze disapproved of those make-out scenes. "She watched the show, and I gave her a heads up before each one," he recalls. "She had a tough time with the last episode. Melana and I looked so happily in love, and she had to turn it off. She was great through the whole thing, but I'm sure it was a little tough."

It's safe to say fame hasn't gone to his head. "I'm still bartending and waiting tables," Peoples says, adding that fans "remember me as The Struggling Student Who Lives with His Parents. Or sometimes they think I was on The Bachelorette. I have to say no."

What, no man-crazy female fans are chasing this cutie? "My life is pretty much the same. The only thing that's changed is you lose your anonymity," Peoples says. "I have no crazy stalkers, but I heard about a few people who tried to find out where I lived. But everybody's been pretty nice."

Well, except for those Average Joe fans who rooted for underdog Adam Mesh over the pretty boy. "She picked me," he shrugs. "Some people had a bad impression of me from the show. I read stuff on message boards so negative. My feelings got involved."

On the bright side, Peoples and Scantlin did make a guest appearance as themselves on Days of Our Lives. He also recently landed himself a Crest White Strips commercial. Oh, and for the record, he lives in Costa Mesa, Calif., with a couple of roommates (who are not his parents). "I'm pretty happy," he says. "I had no offers for steady work after the show, but I still have some things that I want to do. I'll take acting classes, maybe do some commercials and try some auditions for fun."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567