+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So many actors

FORT Newbie

So many actors

Anyone with AOL- you will see on their Joe Average message board a bunch of links - not just to Dennis's site, but others. MOST of the guys are all actors, playing parts. Thats why at the end of the show, you see the little disclaimer about how some have been paid for their appearance.
    God forbid they could have done anything legitimate and had real fellows on there. Instead they just try to put one over on the audience. C'mon, didn't Dennis seem a little extreme??
    And the first guy she sent home, the first night - he was so hot. He made no sense being there.
    it just spoils it too much for me knowing they all are acting. takes away the fun. Shame.

Will you share which hot guy was sent home from the first night? I already don't remember the order in which they left.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hmm..well, lets see. 10 p.m. in California, I would have been stuck watching old repeats of Reno 911...althought those repeats aren't bad. (psssttt...watch Reno 911 people!!)

I really don't care if they are ALL actors. I also don't understand why everyone takes these shows so personal.

Now if there were "actors" in Survivor or TAR...now THEN I'd be upset...cause they're suppose to be about strength, will, guts, starvation, backstabbing.. lol
    If you're "into" reality shows (like me), what I found that helps me enjoy these shows is a sense of "straining" out the serious ones from the others. There are simply TOO many reality shows that air, and I certainly am NOT going to look at every single show as if it's unadulterated.

Even if they are stupid, I watch'm. But I know which ones I should be upset about and which ones I'd look the fool to be upset about.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

That is very true and you have a good point. I guess I let myself get into it and root for the underdog.

Whew, I'm so glad you've pulled back the veil on this show, and revealed that everyone's acting. It would have been awful for me to go on thinking it was a reality show.

*skips off happily, knowing this happens every time*

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    That is very true and you have a good point. I guess I let myself get into it and root for the underdog.

For sure. I do too.

But I'm not going to go on whatever site I find and post that I "WAS SCAMMED" or..."THEY'RE ALL ACTORS, FOR SHAME...".. It just seems a bit "over the top" as to be a regular viewer and get so upset about it.

Besides, struggling actors can participate on reality shows, and struggling actors can also be AVERAGE JOES.
    Last edited by Maveno; 11-18-2003 at 04:41 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'm still envisioning John, a big man over 6 feet, happily skipping away. It just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by its cover. He's probably light on his feet as a feather. *insert feather with feet skipping*

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    For sure. I do too.

But I'm not going to go on whatever site I find and post that I "WAS SCAMMED" or..."THEY'RE ALL ACTORS, FOR SHAME...".. It just seems a bit "over the top" as to be a regular viewer and get so upset about it.

Besides, struggling actors can participate on reality shows, and struggling actors can also be AVERAGE JOES.
    I know what you mean. On another site they want to ban an episode because the same person was on another reality show and might be an actor. On a thread from that other show, someone was upset that she/he saw the same guy and had a hissy when I questioned if that broke any rules. I've read the same thing on many threads and that is a controversy that will not deter people from watching no matter how much they complain.

FORT Newbie
    Um, Ok you probably don't care but can I ask that person with the tagline that shows all the Survivors who have been voted off already's names to PLEASE PLEASE delete it as I live in New Zealand and we have only seen the first episode. I averted my eyes quickly but I couldn't help seeing that Ryan S and Andrew have now been voted off.
    New Zealand TV sucks so much that they've only just started playing it now.
    I really don't want to know so please have pity on me. They were playing average Joe in time with the states but now they have taken it off for a week for Australian Idol final.
    I don't mind spoiling average Joe but I DO mind spoiling Survivor Pearl Islands. I'd like JUST ONCE to not know the winner b4 the end alas I fear it is very unlikely that I will achieve that objective. :*(
    I kind of wish I hadn't come here because I was enjoying thinking Average Joe was at least semi real. But what really gave it away for me was Brad! Noone could possibly be that delusional in real life. Could they?

What is bothersome about having actors playing roles is that it is no longer Reality TV when they do so. It's one thing to list the guy's profession as actor - no big deal there. But to list a guy's profession as "Professor, PhD" when he has no PhD, and is not a professor, and has been in 30 plays and 7 or 8 films - where clearly this Professor persona is simply another role, that's where they cross a line. It's Joe Schmo, not Average Joe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast