Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The New Guys

On the website, Alex says
    "I'm attracted to simple women, who do not use a lot of make up."

haha

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerinejoy
    I think this new twist is so retarded -_-

The third guy scares me, he looks like the criptcreeper, the second guy looked smug, but I must admitt I found him very attractive

The first guy I remembered from the beggining. No real opinion on him.
    It seemed to me that when choosing the new guys NBC was thinking to themselves "We need to put three good looking guys out there as the twisit...hmmm what types should we get?" So they decided to cast three guys that they "feel" covered three different genres of "man-candy".

1. The preppy-smug-old money-Ivy League business school type, the kind of guy who would greet with with an air of "arent you lucky to be in my sphere" complete with a wink and too firm of a handshake.

2. The Evan Marriott look-alike, somewhat dishevled bohemian type of scruffy boy with the poodle haircut. The type of guy who likely has a cutely messy appartment, less than great job but just needs someone like Melana to give him some mothering, direction and ambition.

3. The mysterious olive complected tall dark stranger with the look of a New York Euro-fashion runway model, complete with herion-chic ugly good looks and Alfalfa hair cut that looks like it hasnt been washed in a week.

They wanted to give Melana three totally different choices - a full-buffet if you will - to chose from.

I don't know the new guy's names yet. What a switch and bait they used on us, huh? Not to mention on the poor "Average Joe's."

Gypsy Rose, I think you are on to something, just hope you are wrong. I just hope that whoever posted that Zach's "bully mentality" may be exposed, is right on the money here.

Has anybody drawn a correlation with new guy #3 and Rob from For Love Or Money? Same smarmy type. At least he kinda gives off that aura so far and maybe that is why we all find him somewhat distasteful as one of the "beautiful guys." Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiesleg
    Has anybody drawn a correlation with new guy #3 and Rob from For Love Or Money? Same smarmy type. At least he kinda gives off that aura so far and maybe that is why we all find him somewhat distasteful as one of the "beautiful guys." Just a thought.
    Rob was a shady grabby guy but it is a real low blow to compare him to this guy. Initially on a paper Rob sounded good. He has a law degree and is a member of the Texas Bar Association. He even got accepted into the Marine Judges Advocate position until he got drunk and grabbed a co-workers boobs at midnight before throwing up in her apartment.

I am not sure what a vet tech is maybe Alex cleans the cages for a vet.
    Even though these guys say they are models for some reason I don't think that they are male super models. I don't think Tyson has anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    It seemed to me that when choosing the new guys NBC was thinking to themselves "We need to put three good looking guys out there as the twisit...hmmm what types should we get?" So they decided to cast three guys that they "feel" covered three different genres of "man-candy".

1. The preppy-smug-old money-Ivy League business school type, the kind of guy who would greet with with an air of "arent you lucky to be in my sphere" complete with a wink and too firm of a handshake.

I was disappointed that none of the new guys fit this description. I like a good looking man but I do need more substance like career oriented.

I think you are referring to Jason with this description because he looks the part. But he is a 27 year old student and waiter.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I don't consider the new guys above average. It takes more than a cute face to be rated above average.
    Yes, but the "average" in the title of this show is referring to their looks...at least I sure hope so! GO ADAM!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    It will come down though to one of the average guys vs one of the super hunks in the final 2(which will be the ultiment sign that this show was scripted).
    I agree that it will come down to an average guy (I guess Adam) versus a pretty boy, I don't think this means it is scripted.

In the real world, she would dump the 3 average guys immediately. But to save face on national TV, and not appear too worldly, she will keep at least one average guy until the end.

It wouldn't surprise me (as I said above) if she actually picks an average guy (Adam) to win just to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick
    In the real world, she would dump the 3 average guys immediately. But to save face on national TV, and not appear too worldly, she will keep at least one average guy until the end.

It wouldn't surprise me (as I said above) if she actually picks an average guy (Adam) to win just to save face.

I saw the previews today for Monday's show. Alex looked very below average and unshaven with greasy hair. I don't think that Melana's choice of men was improved. I agree with an earlier post that some of the men rejected on the first night are more desirable.

Adam founded a trading company on Wall Street. It is so funny to have him described as a regular average man. Even if average is supposed to
    only describe looks that are alot of lesser attractive men out there without his smarts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345