+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New Guys

I'm sorry but this show is a FRAUD! It looked like it had good intentions in the beginning but the new "twist" is just too much..... I mean why bother calling this stupiod show "Average Joe" when all the folks know the suitors are eventually going to be perfect 10 models! Coupled with a babe like Mel... It doesn't take much to know the outcome... and of course she's going to dump all the nerds, fatties and plain looking fellas......

I'm with alot of you here, I think Mel herself is better off going on other match making reality shows like "blind date" or even "joe (jane) millionaire" than this crap NBC calls a show.

I was disappointed mainly because this new twist was so predictable. How many people on this board predicted that the limo guy would be coming through that tunnel of light??? I watched only because I had hoped that someone at NBC was actually a little creative and would really come up with a twist. Instead, it's like we have THE MOST SHOCKING ROSE CEREMONY EVER. What a joke.

I must comment on the irony, however, of how much the original average joes (OAJ's) don't want to be judged on appearance, yet all they seem to find attractive about Melana is just that--her appearance. They get what they deserve if Melana ends up with one of the new guys (NAJ's).

And, must agree with all fellow posters here--that third guy was SO creepy. He was what smarmy male television producers think that women think is attractive. Don't these guys realize that those SNL Roxbury guys are a joke, not a dream???

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Speaking of SNL Roxbury, I don't think the new guys are anything special either, but I cracked up at the background music they were playing when they walked in.

FORT Fogey
    who knows, maybe the third guy has the most attractive quality in melina's eyes. He is a casting agent.

They are up on the website now:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Average_Joe/mike.shtml

FORT Fogey
    they are either waiter or models or both in the case of one, all living in California, talk about your matches made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Morrow
    And for all the posters out there who will say, "Maybe she'll pick a regular guy over the shiny ones," don't believe it for a second.
    I don't think it so bad, although you may be right...my comment from another thread:

I think that the pretty boys are actually good news for Adam, although bad for John and Zach.

Zach's advantage was that he was the best looking of the lot. Now he is #4 in looks and thanks to Brad, he is likely viewed as #5 or #6 in personality.

John really has nothing going for him.

Adam, however, is in great shape because he is the "safe bet" if Melena has any concern about how her motives will appear on national TV. She can easily pick Adam, date him a few months after the show (or drop him immediatey), and use her good looks and new found fame to get a "pretty boy" if she really wants one.

The only problem with this scenerio would be if she actually develops a "connection" w/ one of the pretty boys.

I too am disappointed in the twist. I with many had seen it coming, but had hoped the creators were more creative than that.

Rab
    Wow. Jason does not look like he's 27. I thought he was still in his early 20's. And LOL he's not a model but a waiter/student. I don't hate him after all.

Alex is a vet tech? I'm impressed... I think.

The third guy doesn't look quite as ugly in the shot above as he did on the show.

I don't liek the first guys hair either and I'm a sucker for curls as witnessed by my mad crush on Ethan Zohn.

I hate this twist with a passion.
    Complete cop out.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast