+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The second chance she gets she gets rid of the "geeks"

The second chance she gets she gets rid of the "geeks"

First week she seemed "decent" by taking off some of the less dorky guys. This week she eliminates the two fat guys and the two guys with glasses. Was it just me or was it like the producers had the picks the first week and Melena the second? It just seems very fishy.......

I didn't get the impression that the Producers did the picks the first week; I think that she had absolutley nothing to lose with the first round of eliminations, since she had just met everyone. She probably drew straws in the bathroom.

I completely agree with you that she chose to shed those "extra pounds" by ax-ing the 200 pounders and the vision-impaired. Even one of the heavier contestants pointed it out (Truth hurts!), that she dumped all the over-weight guys.

I'm just sad that the process of elimination has to be so LARGE. Six guys in one week; man, that's just brutal. If my mind serves me, with Joe Millionaire, he got rid of one per week, which is a more thorough process. I could deal with TWO being cut per week, but 6 just smacks of a slaughter of contestants.

FORT Newbie

Melena dumps the super nerds

The disclaimer on the first episode read that Melena "may" have had some help from the producers with her picks. They probably told her that if she didn't want to look shallow she had to get rid of Marc and the fat boys in the second episode.

Eat a bowl of Crag daily! Crag Antler's Avatar

Thinning The Herd

Gawd, don't be fooled by this woman! My motto is "Actions speak louder than words." And her actions speak VOLUMES, from that priceless initial reaction of hers when the first geek climbed off the bus to this episode, one need only observe what she DOES to predict her future behavior. Ignore her words. She is an experienced beauty pagent contestant and knows how to "say the right thing." She kept the porkers one extra week to avoid looking blatantly shallow, but didn't want to risk leading any of them on to the point where she'd find herself dodging their attempts to kiss her. This girl was completely closed to any possibility that she could ever find anyone worthy of her affections who also happened to be overweight.

So all you chubby guys out there, lose the fantasy right now. The beauties will never fall for the beast because they'll never allow themselves to get that close. ~ Crag

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Crag Antler
    So all you chubby guys out there, lose the fantasy right now. The beauties will never fall for the beast because they'll never allow themselves to get that close. ~ Crag
    Why should a fit girl date a fat guy? I am not as attractive as Melana but am very fit and would never date a fat person. Completely aside from any attraction issues... a fat person would not be able to participate in my active life.

Carrying a few extra pounds is fine (like Adam); my current s.o. fits that description. But fitness and an active lifestyle are an absolute must for me.

Quote Originally Posted by discochaps
    Why should a fit girl date a fat guy? I am not as attractive as Melana but am very fit and would never date a fat person. Completely aside from any attraction issues... a fat person would not be able to participate in my active life.

Carrying a few extra pounds is fine (like Adam); my current s.o. fits that description. But fitness and an active lifestyle are an absolute must for me.
    Here, Here, discochaps!!! You and I might be the only two people on this board that want to own up to being "shallow" enough to say that looks matter, but I'll gladly shout it out. Reading the majority of responses here, we must have the noblest bunch of posters on the internet: no one here has ever dated a "brown bagger", a dog, or had a pity date. Wow! Who knew this was such a politically correct crowd. I'm proud of the lot of you!!!

As for me, I have always taken great pride in my health and looks. So does every single member of the animal species. Birds, insects, and mammals take extra care with fins, fur and feathers, to groom them and present themselves as the Best and Brightest to gain the mate. Why are people any different?

For example, the current obsession with teeth whitening products: since when do WHITE teeth mean you're genetically healthier, wealthier or wise? It's just another gimmick to make people try harder to make their appearances matter.

I have a bubbly personality and am a "people person". This is a Geek magnet. If I dated every buck-toothed Nerd that wanted to touch my breasts or lock lips, I'd be on welfare. If I take the time to eat right, not smoke, exercise and improve my mental and physcial well being, I would never lower my expectations to anyone that cared less. I don't call it shallow, I call it, "Getting what you give."

Warning: Pot-bellied, sunken-chested geeks who know the listings on Pay Per View and how many seconds it takes to make nachos, keep on truckin', cause this lady ain't no Truck Stop for Nerds!

Quote Originally Posted by discochaps

I agree with this statement. I would never date such obese men. It may sound mean, but that is the truth. Chubby is one thing, but obesity can limit so many fun activities.
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    I agree with this statement. I would never date such obese men. It may sound mean, but that is the truth. Chubby is one thing, but obesity can limit so many fun activities.
    Yeah...like sex!

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Yeah...like sex!
    Wasn't going to come right out and say that, but am glad that you did!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

The Master
    she took off all of the fat people in one episode, which was pretty harsh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast