+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: False Advertising

False Advertising

This show was advertized as "Average Joe", implying guys with average looks and average jobs were going to have a chance to win over a beauty with their charm. Yet, the very first episode, the producers themselves defined the show as "Beauty and the Geeks". They played around with her by bringing out a handsome guy first, then telling her he wasn't part of the show. What was THAT about? Bet we never see him again as he was nothing but a prop to pour salt in an already festering wound.

I feel sorry for some of these guys. (Some, because most have lousy personalities). Among the group are some that seem like nice guys who don't have classic handsome features, less than perfect bodies (the ideal I THOUGHT this show would be about), they look like they've probably been picked on since second grade and here they are being ridiculed once again.

This is the most cruel, manipulatiave, nasty, demeaning and sick reality show ever. Shame on NBC. They're licking the bottom of the toilet bowl now. What's next? A show featuring the disabled so we can all laugh at them?

plenty of clips of her making out with various guys (or all the same guy, we can't tell) and there is some shocking twist so maybe the hot guy comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by oddballgeek
    plenty of clips of her making out with various guys (or all the same guy, we can't tell) and there is some shocking twist so maybe the hot guy comes back.
    I doubt the hot guy comes back, but maybe Melena (I think that is her name) is really a man!! That would be a shocking twist!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    This is the most cruel, manipulatiave, nasty, demeaning and sick reality show ever. Shame on NBC. They're licking the bottom of the toilet bowl now. What's next? A show featuring the disabled so we can all laugh at them?
    :rolleyes

Then why do you spend your time watching it?

The Joes answered an ad for: Looking for guys who love to travel and romance to be (working title) The Life of the Party. No wonder they thought it was a frat show.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Anymore, I don't feel bad for any of the people who sign up for these shows.

There have been plenty of twists, turns, lies and fights amongst the entire lot that give a pretty good idea as to what one may be in for.

If these people don't have a problem being paraded around, I don't either. Granted, I expected the premise of the show to being different than what it actually was, but, oh well, it's all in fun, right?
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Im having fun with it, I agree with you realitycrazmom

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    I doubt the hot guy comes back, but maybe Melena (I think that is her name) is really a man!! That would be a shocking twist!
    OMG! They did that show in England. It was called "Something about Miriam" It was s'posed to air in mid-November, but all the guys are trying to sue, to keep it from airing. Funnily enough, I know a lot of guys that have been completely fooled by a tranny. Maybe if I got my Adam's apple augmented, I could get some action!

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    :rolleyes

Then why do you spend your time watching it?
    It was the first episode and I wanted to check it out. (I won't watch it again, though.) I was hoping they would be true to their advertising: guys who don't have the "look" but are genuinely nice guys win over the beauty. Not only wasn't that the case, they purposefully cast some buffoons and then ridiculed them all. Very disappointing.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    It was the first episode and I wanted to check it out. (I won't watch it again, though.) I was hoping they would be true to their advertising: guys who don't have the "look" but are genuinely nice guys win over the beauty. Not only wasn't that the case, they purposefully cast some buffoons and then ridiculed them all. Very disappointing.
    Funny, I didn't feel like I was ridiculing them at all, or that they were being ridiculed. I felt like all the guys who deserved it got shown in a very positive light, and other jerks like Zack didn't (although I'm sure Tareq is a nice guy... I will admit I ridiculed him as broccoli boy) but anyone who signs up for these reality shows gets exactly what they deserve imho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast