+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: False Advertising

I reallllllllllly don't think the producers "coach" anyone to DO anything on the show. Especially when it can be viewed as a physical threat to another contestant. Smashing an egg on someone's head is a physical threat imho...and believe me, IF Zach WAS coached into doing it...looks to me like he didn't struggle with whether or not he would. He seemed to relish in the other guy's embarrassment.

He got the egg from the refrigerator, probably right next to the beer.

They're going to be living there....they need food. I find it highly unlikely that a producer brought an egg in hopes someone would smash it on someone's head.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    They're going to be living there....they need food. I find it highly unlikely that a producer brought an egg in hopes someone would smash it on someone's head.
    The thought of that really cracks me up. Good point!!

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    This is the most cruel, manipulatiave, nasty, demeaning and sick reality show ever. Shame on NBC. They're licking the bottom of the toilet bowl now. What's next? A show featuring the disabled so we can all laugh at them?
    So um. wendiness.. I guess we won't be hearing from you again?
    Last edited by Duxxy; 11-06-2003 at 02:39 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by tricks
    You say your upset because they are not average and nice guys. How could you possibly determine that from one episode? So they partied a lot and it was like a frat house....still you got to see one guy clean the egg-stained shirt of his friend. Some of them seem like pretty nice guys to me. A little silly to call it false advertising.

Good thing they didn't cast you as the woman.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks
    You say your upset because they are not average and nice guys. How could you possibly determine that from one episode? So they partied a lot and it was like a frat house....still you got to see one guy clean the egg-stained shirt of his friend. Some of them seem like pretty nice guys to me. A little silly to call it false advertising.

Good thing they didn't cast you as the woman.
    To each their own. Let's please not point a finger at someone for posting his/her opinion on the show. Negative opinions on the show or it's contestants are okay, if that is how someone feels (whether I agree or not). Public opinions on the negative side on other FORT members is not okay. Let's all be nice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlyNTSO
    I thoughtsomeof the guys were OK looking! Of course she bounced one or two that I liked.

Did anyonecatch the fine print saying something to the effectthat the producers coached someoftheparticipants ontheir decisions or actions????

Carly, sorry about mybrokenspacebar!!!!
    I believe that is mostly for the girl before she makes her decision on who to let go. That type of disclaimer was used in the BMB episodes.

What's next?

"What's next? A show featuring the disabled so we can all laugh at them?"

Hope not. God, that would be a new low. What I've noticed is that these shows haven't really been parodized yet except on the internet. Like SNL, you'd think this would be a wealth of comedy material for them or MADTV.

GhostWriter, wendiness was just taking things to the extreme. There is no way a show making fun of 'differently abled' people would EVER get the go-ahead on national tv.
    I will be watching SNL tonight to see if AJ made it into their 'repitoire' of hateful parodies. I hope they make me laugh and not cringe.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123