+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: False Advertising

I think the problem is holding this show up to any expectations at all. If you let them go, you won't be disappointed.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    This show was advertized as "Average Joe", implying guys with average looks and average jobs were going to have a chance to win over a beauty with their charm. Yet, the very first episode, the producers themselves defined the show as "Beauty and the Geeks".
    I think Beauty and the Beasts is more accurate. I don't think it was false advertising just an incorrect show title. They did show some of the more fat and unattractive men in the ads along with her looking shocked, uncomfortable, and pissed.

The title of the show should be Below Average Joe. These guys did a bigger job of ridiculing each other on the premiere than anyone ever did in their first grade class.

I think that everyone's idea of average is subjective. These are guys who could be your co-workers, neighbors, friends or people you see on the street. I think that is the average that the producer's were aiming for, not the "model" types. I thought that most were portrayed as nice guys (with the exception of Zach).

This is the most cruel, manipulatiave, nasty, demeaning and sick reality show ever. Shame on NBC. They're licking the bottom of the toilet bowl now. What's next? A show featuring the disabled so we can all laugh at them?[/QUOTE]

Hey, we do live in America, so what do you expect.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

I think the more recent reality shows with the twists were not out there for people to even be aware of possible twists before applying. BMB, Joe Schmo and now Average Joe.

For certain shows, I have to cut them slack because they went in with certain hopes and open minds. Who knows how convincing and manipulative producers were in order to hook them. Good luck to the sincere ones.

I guess I was expecting a show where they guys would have average looks but great personalities and this is just not the case with "Average Joe." There did seem to be a few nice guys in the group, but some of them seem like out and out jerks...no winning qualities at all. Joe and Zach both are seriously lacking in the personality department.

I thoughtsomeof the guys were OK looking! Of course she bounced one or two that I liked.

Did anyonecatch the fine print saying something to the effectthat the producers coached someoftheparticipants ontheir decisions or actions????

Carly, sorry about mybrokenspacebar!!!!
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

FORT Newbie

not average?

You say your upset because they are not average and nice guys. How could you possibly determine that from one episode? So they partied a lot and it was like a frat house....still you got to see one guy clean the egg-stained shirt of his friend. Some of them seem like pretty nice guys to me. A little silly to call it false advertising.

Good thing they didn't cast you as the woman.
    Last edited by tricks; 11-05-2003 at 01:25 AM.

That's interesting about being coached. Maybe a producer suggested Zach do the egg thing? I mean, come on, where did he get the egg in the first place?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    That's interesting about being coached. Maybe a producer suggested Zach do the egg thing? I mean, come on, where did he get the egg in the first place?
    I thought the same as you about the coaching and the egg, But, I don't care I'm getting used to the games the producers play, this show will be fun, I love it already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast