+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did they know?

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakersnake
    >> As far as I'm concerned these Average Joe's have shown more class than the Paradise Hotel guests, and I have more respect for them simply because of their behaviors.

Word!
    May be so.. But the real question that you got to ask yourself is... Will you date them ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Why do I hafta ask that? I'm in a long-term happy relationship..but if I wasn't...no, I wouldn't. I wouldn't date anyone from PHo either.
    I wouldn't even hang around PHo guests...well, the originals anyway..the Fab 4 I would. But I wouldn't mind hanging around any of these guys on Average Joe. That's very truthful.

I don't understand what that has to do with anything.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    Y'know what? Yeah, there are a couple of guys who, if they all of a sudden realized they wanted to kiss boys, could feel totally free to call my number. Though, that's really neither here nor there.

The 'real question', as you put it, RubenFan, is whether Melana would date them.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    May be so.. But the real question that you got to ask yourself is... Will you date them ?
    From what I've seen in the show, and especially what I've seen on these and other forums, many of these guys will have women throwing themselves at them. If reality TV has taught us anything, then Clay Aiken should be a shining testement that a dorky guy can rise to be one of the most beloved figures in entertainment, and be viewed as a true sex symbol, despite being pidgeonholed early on as a "geek". I have already viewed similar sentiments for some of the guys on this show, and it has only been one episode in. As peple learn more about these guys, I believe that they will become much more attractive to the female audience, and women are very capable of looking beyond initial geeky tendencies, as has already been shown within these forums.

Would Melana actually date them after the show? Really, I don't care. The guys are the stars of this show, and whether or not they really get the "prize" is not the point. They are riding the emotional rollercoaster of reality TV with us along for the ride. I think the most endearing send off of the guys who were eliminated on the first show was from Wally. He didn't even mention Melana. He just said he was having a lot of fun with a bunch of cool guys and wished he could stay longer. That's pretty telling. He wasn't in it for the girl or the 15 minutes of fame. He was in it to have a fun experience, and that's much more real than most any reality TV star today. You can't go wrong with that.

FORT Regular
    >> If reality TV has taught us anything, then Clay Aiken should be a shining testement that a dorky guy can rise to be one of the most beloved figures in entertainment, and be viewed as a true sex symbol, despite being pidgeonholed early on as a "geek".

It's true, even if I personally just can't bring myself to ride the ClayTrain.

And, I think you're right. I bet these guys won't have to worry bout getting a date again for a WHILE, except for The ZachAss. And, over time, as people see that this is a GREAT group of guys, and more dynamic and colorful than probably ANY other group of suitors on these dating shows (let's face it, the Bachelorette Boys, the FLOM2 boys, the Mr. Personality Boys... They were there to look nice by a hot tub, not to have 'sparkling personalities'... C'mon... Ryan Sutter, anyone?), they're going to gain quite the following. If these boards are any indication, it might already be happening... That John Baumgaertner thread is already pages long...

Go, Joes!

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avg John's Bro
    From what I've seen in the show, and especially what I've seen on these and other forums, many of these guys will have women throwing themselves at them. If reality TV has taught us anything, then Clay Aiken should be a shining testement that a dorky guy can rise to be one of the most beloved figures in entertainment, and be viewed as a true sex symbol, despite being pidgeonholed early on as a "geek". .

Clay Aiken, a sex symbol ? I didn't realize today is April fool day.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

You'd be surprised, Rubenfan, you'd be surprised.

IMHO many average or "geeky" guys have better-developed personalities because, of course, they don't have the Adonis looks to rely on. Get 'em a better haircut and a nice outfit, and women will swoon!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    Of course they are average! they can't even get on Survivor.
    And you can?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12