+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Anybody notice the little Disclaimer they showed at the end?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by NL,JROTF
    I viewed that disclaimer a different way. I interpreted it as the show paid Melana to stay and get to know the average Joe's, not the other way around.

I also thought maybe they coached her to keep the most repulsive ones of those she didn't like in order to add to the drama - even though she has no intention of keeping them to the end.
    That's the way i looked at it myself. It seemed she kept all the ones who are way out there, even the a-hole zack. I was wondering why she kicked off what i considered ot be the best 3 guys.

Don't make me pop my cork shesacorker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NL,JROTF
    I viewed that disclaimer a different way. I interpreted it as the show paid Melana to stay and get to know the average Joe's, not the other way around.

I also thought maybe they coached her to keep the most repulsive ones of those she didn't like in order to add to the drama - even though she has no intention of keeping them to the end.
    She could have been saving face and trying not to seem shallow. If she had immediatley kicked off the most "repulsive ones" people might have held that against her.

Hug me!
    I like at the end, they showed that the four guys that got booted off ARE available NOW!.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilde
    the show won't have anything genuine to say about people, looks or love. It's just a spectacle.

You've pretty much capture the entire essence of every reality tv show to date. Name me one show that people went away thinking, "oh that's an interesting facet of human nature" rather than "I hate her, I hate him, etc.."

Don't make me pop my cork shesacorker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skwadim
    You've pretty much capture the entire essence of every reality tv show to date. Name me one show that people went away thinking, "oh that's an interesting facet of human nature" rather than "I hate her, I hate him, etc.."
    Joe Schmoe

Walking Contradiction PhilosophyPhile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skwadim

I think that early reality shows (the first Real World New York, the first Survivor) had something to say about real human interaction. I thought the fight between Julie and Kevin during that Real World season was an honest portrayal of the race issue from two radically different perspectives. Richard Hatch, love him or hate him, was a colorful character who tested values about how to play the game and nudity.
    "Only one man understands me, and even he does not". - G.W.F. Hegel

FORT Newbie

The real Dennis is what you're getting

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde
    Check out the photos of Dennis (the Dennis not booted last nigh) in his thread - the guy is a professional actor who can look REALLY hot or REALLY geeky. Anyone want to bet on the role he is playing here?
    Hey, Dennis is my pal from back home. I did Stoughton Comm. Theatre with him a bunch of times. The Dennis L you are seeing on the show is the real Dennis L. I reiterate from my post in his thread that he is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. However, I don't know why he brought his hula hoops with him... that seemed like the producers involvement. I mean, he obviously doesn't carry them everywhere he goes!
    He's not allowed to tell me anything about the show, no matter how much I pry him on a daily basis. So he won't tell me why he brought them. Did anyone catch him and two of the other guys with Kathy Griffin on the Today show with Matt Lauer? That was cool. Then later he was interviewed by Billy Bush for Access Hollywood and Tareq made some weird statements... is Tareq ok? I think he's stalking Nancy O'Dell... I'd be frightened Nancy, brocoli boy seems to like you a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by btlnick
    is Tareq ok? I think he's stalking Nancy O'Dell... I'd be frightened Nancy, brocoli boy seems to like you a little too much.

The way that conversation was edited almost seemed like the statements were taken out of context. It was a truly strange ending of the conversation when he said he didn't like green stuff. Then why were they even talking about vegetables. He did not sound like a 21 year PhD college professor with that lack of wit.

I have missed all appearances of this grossly misfit cast off of the Average Joe premeir, thank goodness. A person can only handle so much.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    While watching the show on tape i noticed at the very ending credits, they made a disclaimer to the degree that:

"Participants may have consulted with producers regarding their choices and decisions"

I found it really wierd that she booted off 3 of what i would consider the more average of the average Joes.

I did not read the credits, so I missed the disclaimers. But it did bother me that she got rid of most of the few normal men on the show. It was so obvious that the producers wanted her to keep the men that I found the most gruesome, grotesque, and over the top. I also found it hard to believe that she became emotionally torn between four of the remaining less than average Joes for the most part as shown in the previews.
    They mentioned a twist. I can only assume that they will put in one or more handsome men to mix things up. Possibly, the hunk in the limo that they teased her with.

FORT Newbie
    "Participants may have consulted with producers regarding their choices and decisions"

A lot of reality shows are doing this disclaimer now because it allows the producers to at least learn the frame of mind of the participants. Because if the girl started talking about the guys to a producer -- they could get in trouble if it's not disclosed I think. Kind of like that old Surivior lawsuit. I think NBC is just trying to protect it's ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast