+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Average Joe viewing parties wanted!

FORT Newbie

Average Joe viewing parties wanted!

Thank you for the interest in the show.

This may be premature but one of the producers for the show has asked me to find out if any of you are planning to have viewing parties of the show? If so we would love to get video of fans watching the show at parties around the country.

If you like the show and plan a party let us know by posting a reply to this thread. We will send you an email so that we can get in touch and exchange information.

The show was a blast to make - I hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by joe_employee
    Thank you for the interest in the show.

This may be premature but one of the producers for the show has asked me to find out if any of you are planning to have viewing parties of the show? If so we would love to get video of fans watching the show at parties around the country.

If you like the show and plan a party let us know by posting a reply to this thread. We will send you an email so that we can get in touch and exchange information.

The show was a blast to make - I hope you enjoy it!
    Yeah, like I enjoy watching a train wreck. THe producers of this show should be ashamed of their juvenile, mean-spirited show.

I think your producers want to establish a following like The Joe Schmo Show. Sadly, you couldn't be further from the spirit of that show.

Any group that would gather to share the experience of ridiculing people who've probably had enough in their lives aren't a group I'd care to spend time with.

I do hope you had a counselor on hand while shooting this disaster to pick up the emotional wrecks you're creating (yeah, I've seen the clips where the guys are upset and crying -- pretty funny, huh?).

And I hope somebody stops these producers before they produce their next show featuring the developmentally disabled as targets for humor.

Joe_Employee, we've been planning a FORT convention .. so maybe this would be a great excuse to get some of the FORT staff and members together for a viewing party. Sounds like a great idea.

I think the show is more compelling than it could have been. People have got to admit it may be entertaining. (If you forget these are "real" people's emotions that are being toyed with.

Also, for it to work with women instead of men,
    it could work this way:

Start with 20 average girls,
    Let them get to know the guy, guy filter some
    down to a few.
    then Extreme Makeover the girls mid-stream,
    and see if his choices change.

"Coming of Age" story, mixed with "Romance",
    its formulaic right off of novels and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by a_canuck_01
    I think the show is more compelling than it could have been. People have got to admit it may be entertaining. (If you forget these are "real" people's emotions that are being toyed with.

Also, for it to work with women instead of men,
    it could work this way:

Start with 20 average girls,
    Let them get to know the guy, guy filter some
    down to a few.
    then Extreme Makeover the girls mid-stream,
    and see if his choices change.

"Coming of Age" story, mixed with "Romance",
    its formulaic right off of novels and movies.

It's an interesting idea but you need to remember these are PEOPLE we're dealing with, not toys for our amusement. While we get a few months of laughs, these experiences could scar the participants for years.

=)

I think I said that?
    You said "we need to remember these are real", I said "we need to forget"

But how "real" are reality show contestants anyway?

Melana's picks to eliminate were from left field (I.E. the producers)

=)

I think it's a bit premature to worry about permanent scars.

These aren't stupid guys. They knew what they were in for. The show is not called LOSERS, it's called Average Joe... they are average guys.

You sign up for a reality dating show, you face the possibity of rejection. At least 15 of these guys will.

I think, if anything, these guys will prove that looks ain't everything. Nothing demeaning about it to me.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I think it's a bit premature to worry about permanent scars.

These aren't stupid guys. They knew what they were in for. The show is not called LOSERS, it's called Average Joe... they are average guys.

You sign up for a reality dating show, you face the possibity of rejection. At least 15 of these guys will.

I think, if anything, these guys will prove that looks ain't everything. Nothing demeaning about it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by a_canuck_01
    =)

I think I said that?
    You said "we need to remember these are real", I said "we need to forget"

But how "real" are reality show contestants anyway?

Melana's picks to eliminate were from left field (I.E. the producers)

=)
    I was making that very point: we SHOULDN'T forget, we SHOULD remember they are people.

I agree with you about the choices. Clearly influenced by the producers. This whole show will be. That's why I wont' be watching any further episodes.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    Yeah, like I enjoy watching a train wreck. THe producers of this show should be ashamed of their juvenile, mean-spirited show.

I think your producers want to establish a following like The Joe Schmo Show. Sadly, you couldn't be further from the spirit of that show.

Any group that would gather to share the experience of ridiculing people who've probably had enough in their lives aren't a group I'd care to spend time with.

I do hope you had a counselor on hand while shooting this disaster to pick up the emotional wrecks you're creating (yeah, I've seen the clips where the guys are upset and crying -- pretty funny, huh?).

And I hope somebody stops these producers before they produce their next show featuring the developmentally disabled as targets for humor.
    I find your comparison with the Joe Schmo Show very weak. I absolutely loved the Joe Schmo show, but I think it toyed with Matt's emotions more than this did. Matt didn't even know what was going on (which is why he always said "What is going on???") It was a completely made up show that wanted to see how far they could push him. At least with these 16 guys they know all the way through what the premise of the show is, and like I said in another post... they signed that contract to appear on the show, so I don't feel too bad for them at all. Plus, I must repeat what I already said in a previous post. I am not ridiculing any of these contestants at all (except for Tareq... but come on... "Do you like broccoli?" I mean, that's just something that I can't let go by... oh yeah, and there's Zack, but you can't tell me that he doesn't deserve to be made fun of.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast